• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:00:51 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Couple questions

Started by sandbiter, October 21, 2016, 03:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandbiter

October 21, 2016, 03:14:57 PM Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 03:20:10 PM by sandbiter
Hi everyone. I'm an active Mx Bikes member. I really like car racing as well.

I'm curious if Piboso has any plans on finishing this sim. Not to be rude or anything, but since this is the least active sim and since there are some other really good car racing sims out there (+ all the other sims of Piboso) I'm kind of sceptical.

Yesterday I've downloaded the demo of WRS and I love it! I'd really like to have championships in this sim as soon as the netcode and core's are fixed. I've been looking at other car racing sims but I feel like this could become better (and I just don't want to pay 66 euros each year). Theres a lot of variety in this sim and it has a lot of cool features.

So now my questions:
Is Piboso planning on finishing this sim?
Why is this community inactive?
Would anyone race a championship once the netcode and cores are fixed?
Is it worth buying WRS at the moment?
Car damage is in this sim already, isn't it?
Any plans on a radio voice thing like in F1 (wouldn't this be possible with a plugin? MAXHUD has a radar, doesn't he? Could it be possible to get a voice say things like: Car on your left, you're in the middle, car on your right, you're the leader now.)?
Any plans on a savety car?
Hows do pit stops work? Are they like F1 pitstops? If not, will this be a feature in the future?

Some of these ideas came from other racing sims. I feel like if WRS has these it could become better than some of the current hot sims when these features are implemented.

I'm not sure if I should've posted this in the suggestions forum or here since they're not all suggestions.

Ps. I don't have a steering wheel. I use a controller with a Kontrolfreek thumbstick.

Alby46

it's a great sim but there are a lot of other well known sims that people plays, so i think there is almost no future for wrs  :'(.
Making some mods, btw, will surely make it better
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

yan24

It is always the same problem with Piboso who makes some very good work but there is no communication.

sandbiter

October 21, 2016, 04:41:55 PM #3 Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 04:46:41 PM by sandbiter
Thanks guys.

There surely are some good looking sims out there. But I keep searching excuses to buy WRS. I'm just more attracted to Piboso's games.

I really like the communities here and I love the modding. It's also a great thing that once you buy the game, you don't have to pay another 60 euros each year. Not sure about the other sims, but I feel like the community isn't as nice as the ones from Piboso. The communities might also not be as serious as I want it to be, and I've no idea how to get into their championships. I also feel like since the other sims have bigger communities I have a disadvantage because I don't have a steering wheel.

I really feel like if Piboso adds the feature I talked about in my first post, this'll be a great sim! If we'd host championships (when netcode and cores are fixed), stream them and upload videos on youtube it surely will take off, won't it? There must be more people that want a great sim, but yet don't want to spend so much money.

Is anyone interested in a championship series? If so, and if we get enough people to race I'd like to help.

Stout Johnson

October 21, 2016, 04:46:01 PM #4 Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 04:52:28 PM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: sandbiter on October 21, 2016, 03:14:57 PM
So now my questions:
a) Is Piboso planning on finishing this sim?
b) Why is this community inactive?
c) Would anyone race a championship once the netcode and cores are fixed?
d) Is it worth buying WRS at the moment?
e) Car damage is in this sim already, isn't it?
a) I hope so. I think it is likely, because physics-wise it is already advanced and it will also benefit from netcode fix. Other car sims and sim-cades do rely on much content to attract people. Piboso won't be able to compete with that. So he needs to define his product as a niche. I see much potential among dirt oval guys, but also rallye sim lovers. Because there is not a real rallye sim (Dirt Rally is very arcadey, sim-cade at best) besides maybe Richard Burns with reality mods. But WRS needs good modders to be succesful. And modders are mostly only motivated if there is an audience for them. So I think maybe we should do some races, then maybe it will attract people.
b) see a) and also physics were not really refined before beta 8 and 9, so people that might have tried it before might not bother anymore
c) I would definitely, I know some others
d) yes. simple reason: it comes with GPB, that's a hell of a bargain
e) there is some damage; but only very rough. it would be cool to at least have a realistic damage model in terms of effects on suspension and mechanical parts, but it will probably never have a very refined optical chassis damage model (the latter not really needed imo, but the former would actually be a big plus for rally fans)

In general, we need especially tracks, both for dirt and rallye. WRS might grow if there are some dedicated modders.

Ps. I don't have a steering wheel. I use a controller with a Kontrolfreek thumbstick.
Buy a wheel mate. It's worth it. Imo, Piboso has one of the best FFB in racing sims.

btw, as soon as you have it, give me notice and we can arrange for some races with Alby and teeds and maybe others ;)
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=857.0
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

PiBoSo

So now my questions:
Is Piboso planning on finishing this sim?

It depends on what you mean with "finishing".
For sure it will never have tons of officially licensed cars and tracks.
Nonetheless the plan is to complete the physics and the missing features, and very quickly, too.

Why is this community inactive?

Because there is a lot of competition and even heavyweights like rFactor2 are struggling.

Is it worth buying WRS at the moment?

It's always worth buying it  :P
You also get a GP Bikes license with it  ;)

Car damage is in this sim already, isn't it?

At the moment it's limited to detaching wings, engine damage and hubs damage.

Any plans on a radio voice thing like in F1 (wouldn't this be possible with a plugin? MAXHUD has a radar, doesn't he? Could it be possible to get a voice say things like: Car on your left, you're in the middle, car on your right, you're the leader now.)?

A plugin should be able to do all that.

Any plans on a savety car?

No plans at the moment.

Hows do pit stops work? Are they like F1 pitstops? If not, will this be a feature in the future?

Yes, like F1 pitstops.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

sandbiter

Sounds great guys. Thanks for the quick answers!

Everything sounds very cool already. Just a couple of things that'd really make this game the best (at least for me it would), like the savety car.

By finishing I actually mean all/most features done (hint savety car haha), good working physics, no core's, good netcode, very few bugs (I've actually already had some weird flipper bugs in the demo on a 100% wet terrain. Once I slide out on the track it gets traction again and I flip over, or even fly off the track), and perhaps some more default content.

The damage sounds good already. A little car model impact dents (I've no idea how to call it) would make the visuals better and it'll attract more people since it'll be more realistic.

I'm not really into GP bikes in real life at all. Not something I really like tbh. Piboso's sim might be fun, especially championships. But I'm more hyped for WRS.

I'm a modder for Mx Bikes. Currently working on a big enduro map. This map contains a forest, dirtroads, asphalt roads and small village perhaps. If I ever get it done (probably not), I could make it into a rally map for WRS as well. It's based on dutch enduro's tho. So no real elevation at all. But just like you say, making mods for a sim without an audience isn't really motivating. In Mx bikes it is already a little demotivating when you post a picture of a WIP model or track and noone bothers to comment on it.

If I'll buy WRS it's probably more for the road racing (F1, indy cars, nescar perhaps). Sorry if I said anything dumb in that sentence. I have no clue what everything is called and how everything goes. I just like the sims (I watch F1 on tv sometimes tho, and I've played some f1 games). If there're going to be more modders that make good rally tracks I surely would play them as well!

A wheel is pretty expensive though. And since I don't really play any racing sims other than the demo of WRS at the moment I don't feel like buying one yet. If championships become reality and if it really is something I like, and if it's competitive enough I probably will buy one. Just not yet. I'd love it to get donations so I can buy one though! Always dreamt of having one.

Torque

Loud and clear on the audience for mods!

We were moving full steam ahead last year on dirt oval tracks and the street stocks but we recieved very little if any input back from the community.

I don't know, maybe they were just that bad!

I know for myself, I would be more motivated to do mods if the community was more active.
Check out the Street Stock Beta! UPDATED FOR BETA 9

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3708.msg63094#new

Let us know what you think!

https://www.facebook.com/PerformanceVinyl/

sandbiter

October 21, 2016, 05:38:54 PM #8 Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 06:39:58 PM by sandbiter
Looking at Rfactor2 now. Looks cool. There's there's too much variety in that sim IMO, I wouldn't be able to choose what I want to drive. I've really no idea where to start in that sim, I don't know how active it is and I don't know how active it will be in a couple of months.

The graphics of all racing sims seem to be pretty much the same. Some might look a little better than others, but with some time spend on objects and overall track appearance WRS could look really really good as well.

It seems like the community that is active at the moment likes rally and rallycross more than anything else, am I right?

Another question:
How are penalties handled?
How does unsportmanship work?

AUSSIEDIRT

I would be more incline to get into hard core track building if it was easier to get the tracks ingame and easier in the way of accuracy , i know alot of people still have high hopes for WRS but until its easier to get ingame aand looking right i think well struggle , i know everything has a method but there must be a easier way to get stuff ingame , look at rf for exmple . Build in max-> setup shaders in max -> direct export to Rfactor -> setup folders -> click run ... simple .....or Build in max -> open in 3dsimed -> export to rfactor ->setup folders ->Run dont even need to setup shaders u can do it in 3dsimed.

It could be argued Iracing doing speedway could be the end but realistically WRS is modable which makes it versital . Iracing -> 6months per track let alone a working car . Rfactor -> a matter of weeks for a working track .

to summarise if the work flow was easier i would build for wrs

sandbiter

Still don't have the sim. I know, it's bad, I should've bought it by now haha.

I'm still enjoying the demo so far. I just have trouble setting up my steering, it feels really twitchy. I have 100% smooth etc.. steering should be really slow and smooth I think, but it is not. Could anyone help me out? Is this sim made for a steering wheel? It's not impossible to drive with the twitchy-ness, but I'd like it to be a little less.

Since the netcode is being updated I almost don't doubt about buying this sim anymore. I'm sure I'll have fun with GPB as well. Still doubting if people will want to race f1 style racing with me. I'd love to host f1 style championships for WRS, but if noone will join me, theres no point. I also like RX and I think Nescar could be fun in WRS, but I'd love some f1 style racing.