• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Problem of travel of view with oculus and dynamic simulator

Started by Juanite, October 21, 2016, 03:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juanite

Hello Piboso and everybody

I waited for beta 9 with impatience for his support with the oculus rift and it is brilliant  ;D I've buy my rift for play with GpBikes  ::)
I use it as a supplement to the dynamic simulator which I finalize and realized a problem.
When I tilt with the simulator and when I tilt the head to sway hips I have change(jump) at the level of the view,
when I return has the vertical line I am moved by report to the motorcycle and at the end of one or two seconds a new change(jump) come to replace
the view at its initial position.
I thought first of all that it was a loss of the signal by the oculus camera I've fixed it has different place and farther and farther from the helmet
on the simulator, but nothing can be done until many days I notice that it is not the view which moves but the motorcycle indeed my position by report has the track
is not affected it is just the motorcycle which moved by report of this view.
I 've set the view not to see the motorcycle and indeed I can play without having any problem
I allows me to go back up this information to try to solve the problem and hoping that we solve it because although it is already enormous to play without seeing the motorcycle
if I could see the cockpit it will be even more enormous

thanks in advance
I remain available for any precision on what I observe

Ps: sorry for my english I use a traductor and it's not the better way to speak an other language  ::)

teeds

Not sure how you got the view to not show the bike? Have you tried both the 1st person views (V key by default) I found one far better than the other, it is possible to select the 3rd person view also but it's horrible in VR. Also have you thought about attaching the Rift camera to your rig so it moves with it? It might then only pick up your motion relative to the bike/rig.

Juanite

For dont show the bike its not a predefined view I just reset the view with the head standing in the back of the bike and after when I take the real position my head is in front of bike.
Yes the sensor is on m'y rig whitout that it'isn't possible to play whitout have motion thickness

all works very good I've just some kind of view reset in corner and I don't know why I've begin by check my rig setup and change the sensor position on the bike simulator and nothing change this problem.
the sensor could track the helmet everywhere around the bike whitout any tracking loss or any lag but in all corner the view seems to be reset in variable position a retake the preview position on the right line
For me it's seems to be the bike which change position and not the view it's for this reason I've try to set the view in front of the bike with a "reset view tricks"  ::) and when I dont see the bike all works perfectly the bike continu to change position in corner but I dont see it and the view stay on the good position on track and move perfectly with my head movement.

I don't no why and if I'm right to think that's the bike witch move and not the view but it's what I see on my diferent test

Ps: this time I aven't use traductor sorry if it isn't understandable  :-[

Juanite

ok after a lot of test the views reset is always here, I've make a mistake the bike position in game isn't the problem.
I've try other position to place the oculus sensor without succes, but during my test I've notice something, when the simulator isn't tilt I can move my head anywhere around the bike without any tracking reset view but when I take a curve and move m'y head the sensor seems to lose the signal and reset the view. I've try with the bike (in game) stand on pit and I've tilt the simulator and move my head like I was in a corner and it's the same the view reset.

the question is, why with the simulator in vertical position my head can move every where but when I tilt the sensor lose the tracking. My sensor is fixed on the bike simulator ant tilt in the same movement ?

I search on internet if the sensor could have probleme to track the headset when we tilt it but nothing about this point
If someone ave an idee  ;D