• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:54:41 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

insane triple screen performance - congratulations !

Started by celkaris, October 28, 2016, 03:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

You may have to set up either an eyefinity (for AMD graphics cards) or 3d Vision Surround (for Nvidia) then it should appear in GPBikes

Thats how nick got his set up anyway.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

Yea like Matty says it isn't supported as 3 separately drawn screens in game.
I use Eyefinity to set up the 3 screens (as one) then GPBIKES matches up the resolution.

It is a shame really because GPB is probably one of the few games that could run a seperately drawn 3 screen setup without having to have an uber rig to keep the FPS up.

But its still very good. Racing in all views, and even watching replays is a treat.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 15, 2017, 01:09:48 PM
I use Eyefinity to set up the 3 screens (as one) then GPBIKES matches up the resolution.

It is a shame really because GPB is probably one of the few games that could run a seperately drawn 3 screen setup without having to have an uber rig to keep the FPS up.
Why would it e better withuot eyefinity/vision surround ?
Is there any penalty is using them ?

P.S.
Still waiting for a (serious) review of this: https://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-c49hg90/preview/

JamoZ

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 15, 2017, 06:28:24 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 15, 2017, 01:09:48 PM

Why would it e better withuot eyefinity/vision surround ?
Is there any penalty is using them ?

P.S.
Still waiting for a (serious) review of this: https://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-c49hg90/preview/

A while back PiBoSo posted something in the WRS section about setting up triple screens so they would run with each screen rendered seperatly. If i recall correctly Nick posted in it aswell, but to this day i never figured out how to get it working. But as GP Bikes is the same engine as WRS i recon proper triple screen support should be possible as PiBoSo was experimenting with it earlier...

Napalm Nick

You would still need your Gfx softwate to create the 3 screen environment but it would be better if the game rendered each screen individually rather than stretching it to keep proportions right, on top of improving FOV.

DCS is a nice example where you can set up 3 monitors either as one big resolution like GPB or each with their own rendering. Very process heavy but a great result.

I will have to have a search Jamoz I have slept since then so don't remember to be honest; that last test was a quick knockup on the kitchen table now i have it permanent. ::)

If I find sommat to get GPB to do it I will post back as it will be extremely interesting. Likewise, if anyone finds out how....

:)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 15, 2017, 07:46:27 PM
You would still need your Gfx softwate to create the 3 screen environment but it would be better if the game rendered each screen individually rather than stretching it to keep proportions right, on top of improving FOV.
There's no stretching: GPB (and all PiBoSo games, I guess) are Hor+ games, which means that if you have more horizontal space, the game will give you more (horizontal) FOV without any deformation. I'm sure (despite having a single monitor) because I asked the question directly to PiBoSo.

So I think that using Eyefinity / Vision Surround GPB is the way to go anyway.

uberslug