• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:53:06 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

insane triple screen performance - congratulations !

Started by celkaris, October 28, 2016, 03:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celkaris

October 28, 2016, 03:36:16 AM Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 03:37:47 AM by celkaris
Hi there,

I bought the game a few days ago, and immediately got quite impressed with the bike handling (of course), but _also_ the impressive single-screen performance i got from the game.

I run gp bikes on a core i7 2600k with 16GB ram, on an "old" mechanical sata drive, with a radeon hd 7870.

Being that impressed with the single screen performance, i just tried gp bikes on a multiplayer session (@monza, road / moto 2 / stk1000), while running 5520 x 1050 on a triple screen setup, using amd eyefinity, and ...... wow ... just wow ... no stutter at all, no fps loss, perfect field of view spread over those 3 monitors.

That is after spending quite a few moments tuning the various .ini files, according to your Documentation threads, and the various posts i could find, so visuals are pretty maxed out.

Hat down, piboso [and/or whole team, if that applies] :)

@forum readers : sorry if that's already a known fact, but ... users/customers rarely congratulates developers for their hard work, i think in gp bikes' case it's well deserved, great job you've done there, please don't stop :)

Alby46

a three monitor rig for gp bikes is amazing, can you show us some pics?
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Napalm Nick

I also run a 3 monitor rig permanently now. here are some un-optimised screens.

Obviously they are squished to fit on this page.

Really nice to be able to spread the MaxHUD data over the 3 screens, shame the Debug information cannot be moved too.

Triple screen is not supported fully - by that I mean the side monitors show a stretched image not real triple support but the FOV enables great spatial awareness and good for racing in all view modes.

As celkaris says; the gameplay is super stable, no jitters or nozwangers.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 29, 2016, 08:05:58 PM
Really nice to be able to spread the MaxHUD data over the 3 screens
Always wanted to ask somebody if it was working properly on multi-screen configs, guess I have my answer :)

BOBR6 84

this is it nice one  ;D riding onboard with corner anticipation on is alot better with this field of view surely??

BOBR6 84

Napalm Nick

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 29, 2016, 09:35:11 PM
this is it nice one  ;D riding onboard with corner anticipation on is alot better with this field of view surely??

Yup a LOT better. Still plenty of arm and bike in the peripheral vision like IRL, though sometimes you see that your arms end (not at the hand end!)

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 29, 2016, 09:36:11 PM
or is it the same just bigger??  ???

Noo! Its 'more'

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 29, 2016, 09:04:56 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 29, 2016, 08:05:58 PM
Really nice to be able to spread the MaxHUD data over the 3 screens
Always wanted to ask somebody if it was working properly on multi-screen configs, guess I have my answer :)

Glad you saw that  - MaxHUD is awesome and now I can declutter/have all the info as I want  :) (Maybe the Helmetty bit is a bit weird across 3 screens but I aint complainin')
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 29, 2016, 10:50:38 PM
Glad you saw that  - MaxHUD is awesome and now I can declutter/have all the info as I want  :) (Maybe the Helmetty bit is a bit weird across 3 screens but I aint complainin')
Yeah, the helmet is not good for your setup as it makes no sense with such a larger FOV.

Boerenlater

Could you make a photograph of your monitors with the game on? Not a ingame screenshot.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Napalm Nick

Sure,

MaxHUD is turned off for this one but testing is on.

Notice the 24" middle monitor trimmed with Eyfinity to match the 2 x 22" side monitors. Couldn't afford 3 new ones lol.

BOBR6 84

doubledragoncc

Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 31, 2016, 05:09:43 PM
Sure,

MaxHUD is turned off for this one but testing is on.

Notice the 24" middle monitor trimmed with Eyfinity to match the 2 x 22" side monitors. Couldn't afford 3 new ones lol.

You bitch!!!....................if I had a daddy I would make him buy it

Good to see you back bro

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

AE777

Hi guys!

I have 3 x 4k 32" monitors atm.. would like to test how the GP-bikes would look like on that setup))

Somehow it runs only on primary monitor and does not offer any in-game options to enable multimonitor setup.

Can anyone suggest how do I set it up?

Under Documentation section I only see how to change default monitor for the game, but not a word about how to enable a multimonitor setup...

Thanks.