• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:16:52 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Bike not stopping

Started by PeterV, December 27, 2013, 10:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterV

Bike carrying on without the rider on it.
We would really like this to be fixed in an upcoming release of GPBikes, if possible.

It's very annoying to watch the bike go on for almost half  lap when youre in a race.

Stout Johnson

+1

that needs to be fixed.... in terms of realism I would almost like to keep it ;) (irl you cannot get up immediately after a crash and lose only like 8 secs or so) ... but in terms of bike physics realism I have to say it needs to be fixed... true, there is a stabilizing momentum of a bike running but it is a bit too much AND if the rider falls off with his weight hanging to the side of the bike the bike will be pressed to the ground so that wouldnt matter most of the time....
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Hawk

December 28, 2013, 11:13:02 AM #2 Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:20:33 AM by Hawk_UK
I agree with you that it is very frustrating, but if we're talking in terms of realism for GP Bikes, then there is an argument for the fact if you crash then 90% of the time you would be unable to continue in the race because of damage to your bike. This maybe something to add for hardcore race options?
Also if riders knew this, then like real life they would be less likely to take crazy risks knowing that if they make a mistake by pushing too hard then their race would be over.

But having said that, I would also like to see more realism in how the bike would react to hitting barriers, etc, etc, because at the moment the kinetic energy and momentum of the bikes action when it hits something is not correct. It's should be a very rare occasion that the bike just continues down the track on it's own after the rider falls off for whatever reason.

Docfumi

I also found that after crashing (And I do it well) if the bike lands on it´s side, it will continue to slide down the asphalt for a very long time as well.
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

HornetMaX

I see what Stout means, but if we want to have some sort of "time penalty" when somebody falls, then we should have that, and not a bike running for miles with no rider, hitting any sort of obstacles without falling. That's just not realistic (OK, it happens from time to time, but very occasionally and to a much lesser extent). On top, it's utterly annoying and clearly horrible when racing.

MaX.

filipw2

December 28, 2013, 12:20:11 PM #5 Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 12:31:06 PM by filipw2
Quote from: HornetMaX on December 28, 2013, 11:35:38 AM
I see what Stout means, but if we want to have some sort of "time penalty" when somebody falls, then we should have that, and not a bike running for miles with no rider, hitting any sort of obstacles without falling. That's just not realistic (OK, it happens from time to time, but very occasionally and to a much lesser extent). On top, it's utterly annoying and clearly horrible when racing.

MaX.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYwPJ5IP8qo
On gp macau track this happens very often. My record is 3min...

But, it happens in real life too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNbOh0N3BSs

Stout Johnson

December 28, 2013, 12:54:07 PM #6 Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 01:45:42 PM by Stout Johnson
yeah it happens in real life too, due to the stabilizing effect of rolling wheels, but not to such an extent as it is in GPB right now.... especially when hitting obstacles...

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 28, 2013, 11:35:38 AM
I see what Stout means, but if we want to have some sort of "time penalty" when somebody falls, then we should have that, and not a bike running for miles with no rider, hitting any sort of obstacles without falling. That's just not realistic [...]
Yeah, I agree... I wasn't proposing to keep it the way it is, I was just saying that as annoying as it is - it is a compensation for not having any sort of realism in terms of crash recovery - fast guys can fall as often as they like if they only lose a couple of seconds with each crash ;)

Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 28, 2013, 11:13:02 AM
[...] if you crash then 90% of the time you would be unable to continue in the race because of damage to your bike. This maybe something to add for hardcore race options?
Also if riders knew this, then like real life they would be less likely to take crazy risks knowing that if they make a mistake by pushing too hard then their race would be over.
I agree 100%!!! I proposed that already in the old forum. It would absolutely be great to have some sort of damage model - it wouldnt have to be too sophisticated - maybe only "if impact > damage threshold then exit to pits / race cannot be continued".... and the damage threshold could be defined in different realism levels - like 1) "noob" 2) "experienced" 3) "pro" 4) "hardcore realism" (and "noob" maybe being like it is now to "hardcore" where every impact > e.g. a defined g-force of 10g or so on the impact would result in being forced to be in pits --> in race that would mean "not finished")

so everyone could define it as he wants it for himself... for races it could be defined on the server side: e.g. if there's just a fun race the server could be set up to allow all damage realism levels - so you could reset as often as you like.... or if there is a championship of more experienced riders the server could be set up to allow e.g. only damage realism levels of 3 or 4 (so at least pro) would be eligible to race and crashes that exceed certain g-force levels would result in a d.n.f. (did not finish)...

If that would be too much it would be perfectly ok if to have the bike recovery time during races be increased (only for races because during practices it would be annoying :D) with a counter count-down showing the seconds until being able to continue race....
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

nuovaic

Quote from: filipw2 on December 28, 2013, 12:20:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYwPJ5IP8qo
On gp macau track this happens very often. My record is 3min...

I can beat that! 4 mins http://youtu.be/pCOdE7A-7Bw

Had to speed up video 4 times, gets a bit boring otherwise

JamoZ

Hawk

Quote from: JamoZ on December 28, 2013, 09:09:14 PM
Just don't crash  8)

Lol... That's all very well, and I understand where your coming from, Jamoz, but until we get tracks built specifically for GP Bikes and not converts from other games, then we will always have corners that are far to bumpy for GP Bikes to cope, In fact I would say that at least 80% of the current tracks are really not up to standard required to just be able to race normally without coming to a corner were the bike just slides away from you for no good reason. This is specially noticeable in the slow bumpy corners were you have to ride as though on egg shells to get around the corner without falling off. This is not realistic at all.

Arvoss

Force ghost reset after 3 seconds would be the best solution ;)