• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Set max lean angle of the bike..

Started by ALEale, December 27, 2013, 11:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALEale

question for Piboso and all the Modders...

there's something to change to set max bike lean angle?

thanks in advance!!

C21

I believe there is no , so called, "Set max lean angle". There is no fixed lean angle value like 52degrees which can be altered or lowered.
correct me Piboso if i'm wrong.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

HornetMaX

There must be one inside GPB, as the virtual rider doesn't lean more than a certain angle when you push your stick fully to the right/left. Probably the parameter is not exposed in .cfg files as it is a property of the (virtual) rider more than a property of the bike.

MaX.

C21

QuoteProbably the parameter is not exposed in .cfg files as it is a property of the (virtual) rider more than a property of the bike.
That´s what i wanted to say....there is no line "set max lean angle" in the cfg files....right now ;-)

ALEale

PiBoSo

December 30, 2013, 11:48:21 AM #5 Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 12:05:15 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: ALEale on December 27, 2013, 11:41:53 PM
question for Piboso and all the Modders...

there's something to change to set max bike lean angle?

thanks in advance!!

The max lean angle is automatically estimated by the "virtual rider" using the lateral grip the tyres can generate at the moment ( compound, temperature, wear, wet, groove, marbles and road banking are used as inputs ).
If there are bikes where the max lean angle is limited by body shape, then a new parameter can be added in the future.

To limit the max lean angle, just lower the "dry_grip" modifier for asphalt, concrete, paint and kerb materials in the ".tyre" files.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

C21

Thank you Piboso for the brief explanation  ;D
I will play with the tyre files later..had only a short look right now...

ALEale

Thanks a lot PiBoSo!! I love when you support us! :D

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 30, 2013, 11:48:21 AM
The max lean angle is automatically estimated by the "virtual rider" using the lateral grip the tyres can generate at the moment ( compound, temperature, wear, wet, groove, marbles and road banking are used as inputs ).
Very interesting. Was the other option (i.e. a fixed max lean and the rest left to the player with the stick) too difficult to handle for the player ?

MaX.

oppolo

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 30, 2013, 11:23:37 PM
Was the other option (i.e. a fixed max lean and the rest left to the player with the stick) too difficult to handle for the player ?
I think yes, a real bike physic is tied with rider's movements, it's very difficult simulate all with a steering wheel or mouse or pad, better let the pc to do something for us, it is already so difficult keep the best line, at least for me

Hawk

Very interesting. Was the other option (i.e. a fixed max lean and the rest left to the player with the stick) too difficult to handle for the player ?

MaX.

It would be great to have the option, especially for hardcore riders, but in reality I guess there has to be a line drawn somewhere between reality and simulation on a PC, right? :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 31, 2013, 04:51:16 PM

MaX.

It would be great to have the option, especially for hardcore riders, but in reality I guess there has to be a line drawn somewhere between reality and simulation on a PC, right? :)
For sure. The few times I tried to play with direct steering (not direct lean, that's different) I concluded it was way too hard, borderline impossible, at least with a pad. But having to take care of not exceeding the (local) max lean could be an interesting option. Right now you have to be careful with throttle and brake, but lean is more or less dumbproof. However, I cannot judge how hard the other option would be.

MaX.

Duckstream

Hi, i started playing this game again but only thing that i dont like is the forward/backward max lean angle, (wheelie angle as some would call it)
Can you modify that from anywhere or is it just there, i allready got myself into making my bike have more torque and power etc but cant find anything usefull for that lean angle
I like to ride serious but have fun still all the same.
Thanks a lot
-Toby / Duckstream

capeta

Hum and maybe if you play with the geom file and sphères collision you 'll have more or less angle before to fall.
Am i right?