• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

MOVISTAR JUNIOR CUP REGISTRATION

Started by Manu, November 07, 2016, 11:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd

If having 2 races, I'd like to be in,

Sydney #60

BOBR6 84

BIKE SIM EUROPE

Ryanoh4

can you put me as a willdcard instead please, ryanoh4 #04

Grooveski

Quote from: BIKE SIM EUROPE on November 10, 2016, 04:42:52 PM
ONLY 1 RACE PER ROUND

6 Rounds - 6 Races

Worth consisering for the future though perhaps?  MotoGP500Online ran like that for years and it worked well.   :)

There were actually three races.  Two on the sunday(one for the slower riders then the main event for the quick guys) but also one on the thursday beforehand for folk who couldn't make it at the weekend.  After the main event the times were all combined to give the final standings.
Made life more entertaining for the slower guys.  Brought us all together and even though you knew that winning the race was only going get you 20th or so overall, we still acted like first on the road was something to be fought over.   :D
Would also mean us backmarkers weren't in the way of the leaders so much.  In GP500 I was usually 3-4 seconds off the pace of the aliens - in GPB I'm still twice that and falling off more often too.  Feels like I spend half the race worrying about taking out the frontrunners while they're lapping me.

There were a couple of extra rules.  There was a time penalty if you raced outside your assigned sunday room and you couldn't claim a podium, so if one of the quick guys was missing the sunday race they could set a time in the thursday session but if it was a winning time(even with the penalty added) they'd still only get fourth place overall.
That was partly to encourage everyone to race in the correct room at the correct time, partly because the thursday race was generaly lower stress and partly so a podium was a podium in the main event - no-one would be taking it away from you.
The thursday races could be treated as a practice session for riders who were doing their race on the sunday.  You had to say beforehand that the thursday race was your OFFICIAL one.  If you ran your official on the thursday, that was it - you couldn't show up on the sunday saying your weekend plans had changed and have another go at it.

Man, what a ramble!  Sorry.   :-[

P.S.   Two races can be run at the same time if you have two servers.    ;)

BIKE SIM EUROPE

FINISH REGISTRATION PERIOD (Complete registration list)