• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:11:14 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Formula SAE ( Work In Progress + Problem I need help with )

Started by Cory_Hayes.11, November 27, 2016, 04:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory_Hayes.11

November 27, 2016, 04:57:56 PM Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 05:01:31 PM by Cory_Hayes.11
THIS WHOLE MODEL IS MADE 100% BY ME

Basically, I am now working on a Formula SAE instead of a top doorslammer or a drag car of any kind because I lost motivation and don't want to really go through the process of actually re making stuff and being accused of stealing if it looks some what similar, so yeah, new project.

So yeah, first photo is what it looks like in the 3ds max scene, second photo is what it looks like in game.
* Ignore the random suspension objects and bars poking out of the body work, still have to move stuff. *

But yeah, Basically I used the line tool then used loft to make the chassis, and used the line tool then I used extrude on everything bodywork wise, but only certain parts are showing up, so yeah, if anyone has any ideas, that would be great

YEAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Phathry25

Are you stacks all collapsed?  Reset xform and world space modifiers?

Cory_Hayes.11

Cory_Hayes.11

Have to Modify the body to make a steering wheel fit in, but progress is coming along pretty well...

Cory_Hayes.11

Another problem I always seem to come across

Basically when ever I change the GFX file to show my own wheels from cockpit view they are always invisible ( Had this same problem on KRP and never found a fix )

Basically I had the Road car's wheels showing from cockpit view, so I changed it to show my own and now I can't see any wheels, and yes I have named it to the same as the .EDF

* I did try adding the wheels into the cockpit edf and naming them ( Back on KRP at least ) and it never fixed it

Any ideas? @Anyone @PiBoSo @Snappe

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

Cory_Hayes.11

Tyre textures aren't final, I just grabbed a photo of the side of a tyre and slapped it on and then the same with the face of the tyre, just needed something that was made by me so there wasn't any "stealing" problems with ANY textures :)

Cory_Hayes.11

Hawk

Quote from: Cory_Hayes.11 on November 30, 2016, 02:19:50 PM
*Bump*

Any ideas?

Just a thought, but have you checked your face normals? I've had a similar problem with track models before and it turned out the face normals were somehow reversed, so I had to flip them to the correct side so the surfaces could be viewed in sim.  :)

Hawk.

Cory_Hayes.11

Quote from: Hawk on November 30, 2016, 03:08:51 PM
Quote from: Cory_Hayes.11 on November 30, 2016, 02:19:50 PM
*Bump*

Any ideas?

Just a thought, but have you checked your face normals? I've had a similar problem with track models before and it turned out the face normals were somehow reversed, so I had to flip them to the correct side so the surfaces could be viewed in sim.  :)

Hawk.

Yeah I have, was one of the first things I checked, I then collapsed them, I might be doing something in the files wrong if I am always having this problem with every mod I do.

matty0l215

Is there an alpha channel used in the texture?

I had problems with the model "Ghosting" through itself
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Cory_Hayes.11

Quote from: matty0l215 on December 01, 2016, 03:50:57 PM
Is there an alpha channel used in the texture?

I had problems with the model "Ghosting" through itself

Nah there isn't :/ 

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Cory_Hayes.11

Sorry for the lack of updates, ended up going testing for my racing in real life and then when I came back to my computer I lost interest in working on the F-SAE for a bit and started modelling other vehicles to potentially put into WRS....

* HEAD LIGHT AND GRILL TEXTURES ARE RIPPED OFF OF THE AUTOMOBILISTA TEMPLATE BECAUSE I NEEDED SOMETHING TO FILL MY HEAD LIGHT AND GRILL SPOT, APART FROM THAT EVERYTHING IS 100% MADE BY ME *

Such as a Stadium Super Truck...

LauZzZn