• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:04:30 PM

[NEW HELMET] Shoeï NXR

Started by Manu, November 29, 2016, 02:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MultiCOOLFRESH

Well, completely forgot about those :P But I have a problem, after saving the .tga my pc crashed and the .pnt are gone. And the next problem is, that my helmet is now completely black, without any "decals". Can I change a .tga into a .pnt? Because I can not load the .tga in Microsoft Paint :/ Well, the Visor can be loaded, but not the normal helmet.
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

doubledragoncc

Just unpack another pnt file of same helmet and start again or swap tga for yours as long as the names for tga are the same

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

Not sure i follow but a .pnt is just a collection of .tga files compiled by using PaintED.

The name of the individual .tga files must be the same as those used in the original .pnt

The  .pnt file can have any name you like

Using PaintEd you can pack a new .pnt or extract the .tga files from an existing .pnt

MultiCOOLFRESH

So, I basically have to start all over again?

h106frp

Still a bit confused by what files you have.

If you have a .tga you can compile a new paint

If you have a .pnt you can extract the .tga and edit

MS Paint cannot open a .pnt file, its a PB file format

You should download GIMP or similar which will open a much wider number of graphic file types and can 'fix' types that have been saved with weird colour encoding

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: h106frp on March 06, 2017, 07:47:33 PM
Still a bit confused by what files you have.

If you have a .tga you can compile a new paint

If you have a .pnt you can extract the .tga and edit

MS Paint cannot open a .pnt file, its a PB file format

You should download GIMP or similar which will open a much wider number of graphic file types and can 'fix' types that have been saved with weird colour encoding

I only have the .tga :/

h106frp

.tga of what exactly?

If this is you helmet paint then you can rebuild the .pnt file very easily. You have to do this anyway when you make a new paint

If you have lost/corrupted all the image files you created then i am afraid you will have to start over.

h106frp

Ahhh.....

Just downloaded the template file.

Open this with a decent paint program like GIMP and you will see its a layered template and easy to work on. If you do your artwork and then save out as a GIMP (native) file the layers are retained and its easy to modify.

Once you are happy you can export a .tga, this wil flatten all the layers into a .tga bitmap file that you can then use with PaintED to make your individual .pnt file

You do need a decent painting app, a lot of people use photoshop, GIMP is free and will read photoshop files and templates.

MultiCOOLFRESH

Is it better then paint? I mean, paint is easy. But e.g. it takes so long to paint the whole helmet in a certain way. Is that better in GIMP?

h106frp

March 06, 2017, 09:15:02 PM #24 Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 09:20:03 PM by h106frp
Much quicker, bit of a learning curve but plenty of on-line tutorial and the process in generic to most 'pro' paint programs

MS paint is really too basic and although its seems easy you will soon waste lots of time due to its limitations.

To give you an idea, if you wanted to just change the colour it would take just a couple of mouse clicks in GIMP

If you add 'graphics' you can make a new layer, paste in images and edit them without having to worry about the other painted areas

The shading will always stay on top of the paint

etc... etc...

A project like a helmet with a pre-made template is a great place to start learning  :)

Learning to paint with layers is the best thing that you can learn... linked this a few times but its probably the best explanation

http://mygimptutorial.com/gimp-layers

and if you need the app and cannot get photoshop..  (I like GIMP as its done everthing i need)

https://www.gimp.org/

doubledragoncc

I use Corel photoshop as I can use Corel draw with it and know how to use it. PS and Gimp get me frustrated how hard it is just to do the simplist of things as the tools are not striaght forward.

I need to spend time learning as I have PS CC but no time lol

SO far my paints seem okay lol

But will try to learn

DD............the old fart
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

March 06, 2017, 09:41:01 PM #26 Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 09:42:54 PM by h106frp
Dinosaur  :)  ;D

@Manu, in the template file the basic mesh layer appears corrupt, sort of rasterized  (can only try with GIMP and all the other layers and examples seem OK) and with no 'plain' basic image layer it would be difficult to select a primitive outline to start painting a new helmet.

MultiCOOLFRESH

Ok, I will download it tomorrow and test it out :)

MonJue

HornetMaX

Easy and reasonably powerful (and free): paint.net (nothing to do with MS paint).
GIMP is great but it's UI is ... hmmm ... weird.