• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:47:28 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Bike mods

Started by Anthony55, December 16, 2016, 11:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony55

Ok, so here is the problem. No matter what bike mod i install, when ever i start up the game and go to bikes and try to choose one of the mods , it either: Shows no bike at all, The background is black, or the bike textures loaded but the front wheel is in the ground. And when i attempt to start testing, after a few seconds it crashes.

i have seen and read tutorials on how to install mods. I do have the mods installed correctly. At least i believe so...

BOBR6 84

You on beta10c? maybe you have old versions of the bikes? im not sure man..

Hawk

December 16, 2016, 11:16:21 PM #2 Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:19:31 PM by Hawk
Quote from: Anthony55 on December 16, 2016, 11:06:13 PM
Ok, so here is the problem. No matter what bike mod i install, when ever i start up the game and go to bikes and try to choose one of the mods , it either: Shows no bike at all, The background is black, or the bike textures loaded but the front wheel is in the ground. And when i attempt to start testing, after a few seconds it crashes.

i have seen and read tutorials on how to install mods. I do have the mods installed correctly. At least i believe so...

About bikes not showing up: I presume you mean that the bike doesn't show in the bike selection menu? If so then the usual mistake people make during installation that can cause this is when you initially unzip the bike archive, you unzip it into it's own folder name therefore creating 2 folders within each other. When you unzip a bike archive it's best to right click the archive and select "Extract Here" and not "Extract to [bike-name or folder name]" and it will extract to it's original folder which you just then drop into the GPB "bikes" folder.
But yeah, just open your bike folder concerned and make sure that you don't have the bike extracted within a two folder hierarchy but only one.

Hope that helps mate.  ;)

Hawk.
PS: I presume you have purchased the license for GPB? The DEMO doesn't allow for the use of any track/bike MODS.  ;)

Anthony55

December 16, 2016, 11:28:26 PM #3 Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:31:27 PM by Anthony55
I do have the full version of the game, beta10c. And i do have the bikes installed correctly with no duplicate folders, see, C:\Program Files (x86)\GP Bikes\gpbikes\bikes\aprilia_rsv4. Also i can select the bikes in the bikes menu in-game, but no bike textures appear.

Can you guys play bike mods on the beta10c?

doubledragoncc

Yes mods work in 10c

Try an over install of GPBikes. Just install GPbikes without removing the original install. All your mods will stay but if you edited any ini files you will need to redo them

This is a regular quick repair, if it does not work I recommend downloading GPB again and then do a fresh install as sometimes a download can be defective.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: Anthony55 on December 16, 2016, 11:28:26 PM
I do have the full version of the game, beta10c. And i do have the bikes installed correctly with no duplicate folders, see, C:\Program Files (x86)\GP Bikes\gpbikes\bikes\aprilia_rsv4. Also i can select the bikes in the bikes menu in-game, but no bike textures appear.

You are only installing bikemods from the "BikeMOD" Database here? http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2626.0

Sounds like you could be installing old beta version bikemod/s? (Another reason Bikemod authors should not post download links on the forum and only release bikes through the Bikemod database admin.But that's another story. ).   :)

Hawk.

Anthony55

Quote from: Hawk on December 17, 2016, 12:06:39 AM
Quote from: Anthony55 on December 16, 2016, 11:28:26 PM

You are only installing bikemods from the "BikeMOD" Database here? http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2626.0

Sounds like you could be installing old beta version bikemod/s? (Another reason Bikemod authors should not post download links on the forum and only release bikes through the Bikemod database admin.But that's another story. ).   :)

Hawk.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I was installing older mods that no longer worked i guess. I can not thank you enough but i thank everyone in this community for the swift replys and a lending hand. thank you all!  :) :D

Hawk

Glad you've got it all sorted out mate!  ;) 8)

Hawk.