• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:27:43 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

For the Sprint Cars

Started by GasFactoryRacing, January 15, 2017, 08:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GasFactoryRacing

The sprint cars need the availability to move the brake bias more to the rear of the car. So far it's only allowing 60% brakes to the rear, for shorter tracks we need 80-90% to the rear.
Team_GFR

bsauder189

Actually the higher the number the more towards the front it is.

Helms

Quote from: bsauder189 on January 15, 2017, 07:59:50 PM
Actually the higher the number the more towards the front it is.
You Beat me too it

GasFactoryRacing

Lol, I know 40% is 60% to the rear, but there needs to be more adjustment.
Team_GFR

DarkHorse0

Also more steering angle, I don't feel like I am very sideways visually but I am locked out all the time to the right.

GasFactoryRacing

Quote from: DarkHorse0 on January 21, 2017, 08:03:37 PM
Also more steering angle, I don't feel like I am very sideways visually but I am locked out all the time to the right.

Are you running a wheel? Put your settings at:

Angle= 1080
linearity = 100
speed sensitivity = 100
Team_GFR

DarkHorse0

DarkHorse0

PiBoso, I noticed when the cars get really side ways the motor cannot pull the car out of the slide

GasFactoryRacing

January 22, 2017, 08:14:43 AM #8 Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:16:35 AM by GasFactoryRacing
I noticed this too, does need to be tweeked a little bit.But you should really try to drive them straighter @DarkHorse0, it will help you in the long run. The only tracks that you should be throwing the car in would be the smaller ones i.e. Silver Dollar/ Belle Clair. But even then, not so much. Practice backing out of the throttle slightly and holding it steady, if you need the car to rotate more, set your brakes (as per current options) @ 40%, ease into the brake while backing out of the throttle. If the car is kicking into the turn too much, adjust your stagger (the bigger the value (90-96) the straighter (tighter) your car is going to be. But don't ever jab the brakes or dump the throttle. At tracks such as Charolotte/Eldora your front wheels should be relatively straight all the way around.
Team_GFR

DarkHorse0

With all due respect I know how to drive and get the car to do what I want through setup, I have won many races online and in real life. I have never driven a sprint car but I am a pretty visual learner and I have seen sprint cars spin out and they just throttle it up and whip a donut and keep going. I am stating that these cars it cannot be done. I understand how to drive the sprint car to get the most out of it but at the same time I found an issue that should be fixed. It is a pretty critical part to get correct because some times you need wheel spin from the engine horsepower to get the car to do what you want it to do.

GasFactoryRacing

Quote from: DarkHorse0 on January 22, 2017, 04:15:16 PM
With all due respect I know how to drive and get the car to do what I want through setup, I have won many races online and in real life. I have never driven a sprint car but I am a pretty visual learner and I have seen sprint cars spin out and they just throttle it up and whip a donut and keep going. I am stating that these cars it cannot be done. I understand how to drive the sprint car to get the most out of it but at the same time I found an issue that should be fixed. It is a pretty critical part to get correct because some times you need wheel spin from the engine horsepower to get the car to do what you want it to do.
True. And I wasn't meaning in negative criticism DarkHorse. Hope to see you on tonight!
Team_GFR

DarkHorse0

None taken, I have to give you some credit because you helped me be able to steer the damn things! Before I was only getting about 1/2 the wheel lock and couldnt drive them at all lol