• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:04:52 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

PIAGGIO ZIP POLINI SP 94 CC - v 0.93

Started by _oDi_, December 30, 2013, 11:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALEale

Quote from: JamoZ on January 01, 2014, 07:11:02 PM
Keep a little bit throttle applied when leaning from left to right, and also reduce the braking lever size to 20mm. You can`t really brake into a corner like on the bikes...

I Agree!

EDIT:
LINK OF ZUERA NOW FIXED!! SORRY ;)

oppolo

Quote from: lluisete on January 01, 2014, 06:48:02 PM
Any idea to get more grip front wheel? I lose it a lot! :(

I'd rather say the steering ratio, this scooter should turn in a "handkerchief", on the contrary I seem it has the maneuverability of the 125, or am I wrong? please don't be upset but is the wheelbase correct?

neoraptor

I played a bit  with the settings and you can do a few things to improve the handling of the scooter and avoid locking the front:
- reduce fuel to 5-6l
- augment the rake angle to 27
- loose the rear shock completely (it is too hard stock)
- change the tires for the super soft
- I personnally like the 20m brake lever better (more progressive)

I now manage to put some interesting laptimes ;)
If you see my server running, come and I will happily share the whole settings ;)

Last thing, you should be gentle when putting the bike right after a corner and avoid unnecessary inputs as it is quite sensitive.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

Hawk

Quote from: oppolo on January 01, 2014, 11:27:04 PM

I'd rather say the steering ratio, this scooter should turn in a "handkerchief", on the contrary I seem it has the maneuverability of the 125, or am I wrong? please don't be upset but is the wheelbase correct?

I'm sure I saw the rider turn the steering wheel while cornering.... Surely this is incorrect while moving accept when moving very very slow?

_oDi_

What? have you tried the 125 on the kart track?
The wheelbase is corret, and the bike turn in handkerchief. Maybe  before you speak, you should learn to turn .

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 01, 2014, 11:38:03 PM
I'm sure I saw the rider turn the steering wheel while cornering.... Surely this is incorrect while moving accept when moving very very slow?
In general that would not be incorrect: steering is (also) used to counter leaning movements (bike falling or getting up).
Steering (actually, counter-steering) is the way you change the bike lean and changing the bike lean can happen mid-turn.
If you are in a steady turn right (steady speed, steady turn radius, steady lean angle and steering angle) then if you steer more to the left the you will lean more, while more to the right you will lean less.

MaX.

JamoZ

Quote from: neoraptor on January 01, 2014, 11:37:01 PM
I played a bit  with the settings and you can do a few things to improve the handling of the scooter and avoid locking the front:
- reduce fuel to 5-6l

I now manage to put some interesting laptimes ;)
If you see my server running, come and I will happily share the whole settings ;)

Last thing, you should be gentle when putting the bike right after a corner and avoid unnecessary inputs as it is quite sensitive.

I just set the swingarm to 2, 20mm brake lever and less fuel. I have no problems with the springs or rake angle. You don`t want to make it too slow to turn in :)

wulfgaard

Quote from: neoraptor on January 01, 2014, 11:37:01 PM
- reduce fuel to 5-6l

Thanks, man! I really like the idea of a Piaggio Cup or something like that but I was losing hope of getting up to the pace of my fellow "virtual" riders. At a chicane, the front would almost always fail but now it's super.

Thanks a million once again. By the way, any change of creating a Scooter racing event or am I unaware that they already exist. Cheers

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

oppolo

Quote from: _oDi_ on January 01, 2014, 11:52:00 PM

What? have you tried the 125 on the kart track?
The wheelbase is corret, and the bike turn in handkerchief. Maybe  before you speak, you should learn to turn .

boh, zuera. ok never mind, forget

_oDi_

Well... Zuera it is very difficult with this bike, i know, you have to learn very well the corners and be gentle with stick, otherwise you lose the front. For this problem we are experimenting with new solutions, and we believe we have solved ... In the next beta the bike will be even more "drivable" (to his limit) for all, and not only for top drivers    ::)

oppolo

no stick here, I use a G25
anyway I noticed it is easy to loose the front also with 125, the hand bar suddenly goes inside the turn, the next step is our back on the ground, so maybe the problem in the chicanes like Skusa is not in the bike but in convertions from krp?

JamoZ

It's probably due to rider input.  I did alot of laps yesterday with ALEale & oDi and we could race quite a few laps without falling before someone made a mistake and crashed. You want to avoid steering quickly from left to right, you rather want to steer left, keep the stick or wheel in the middle for a moment and then start leaning right. If you do this to quickly you will fly off the scooter...it just takes practise and time :)

_oDi_

True, Jamoz, without our mistakes we could race for many laps without falling. Maybe in a "serious" race....with more concentration... who knows :)

neoraptor

I second that ! As long as you are not too brutal with the inputs, you can race quite long without falling.  ;)
And you need to be precise with your lines as well.

It can also help to listen to the engine to know how slow you can go (try it a few time and then you will know what is the falling sound  :P).
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<