• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:48:35 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Core crash on empty servers

Started by ghostchild, January 02, 2014, 03:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostchild

January 02, 2014, 03:16:12 PM Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:30:05 AM by HornetMaX
Hi everybody!  :)

I've got this problem: core.exe always crashes as soon as I get out of the pits, when the server is empty (no one is riding).
I've got some cores even when there are several players in the server, but it is more rare.
I'm using standard bikes.

Any idea?  ::)

Thank you  :D

C21

Common bug (imho) :(
I have the same issues......
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Ian

Try turning down the graphics setting 3D grass lighting effects draw distance model detail
It will look a bit shit and its not the right solution but it seamed to improve my connection issues in beta3.
For me if the ping is over 100 it increases the chance of a core exe
Higher then 120 and there's no point in connecting

ghostchild

January 02, 2014, 04:49:04 PM #3 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:53:58 PM by ghostchild
Thanks for the advice, I've tried but it doesn't work  :'(

ghostchild

Hawk

January 02, 2014, 05:35:36 PM #5 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 06:56:12 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: ghostchild on January 02, 2014, 05:16:20 PM
Maybe the problem is Win7??  ::)

No. It's not windows 7. I use windows 7 and since beta4b I have not had so many Core.exe crashes. It is a well known problem(Bug), especially when many riders are on same server, and seems to be worse if you get people with high ping rates joining and exiting the server.

Not had core.exe crashes as bad as your saying though by a long way. Maybe before you connect to a server you should do a CClean of your system then restart your PC and internet router. Not really sure if it does help, but it seems to help my system not get so many Core.exe's.  But the general consensus is that the problem lies in the Net Code that controls multiplayer support :)

Your not trying to connect with a wireless internet connection, are you? That's a BIG NO NO for online gaming.

Update: You can also try unplugging peripheries except your Keyboard/Mouse and the Controller/s you are using and try that; Sometimes for some reason certain things connected to your PC can interfere with the operation of a program.
As a last resort try with just the Keyboard and Mouse connected; might be a problem with your controller.

ghostchild

I'm using a wireless internet connection, but got the same problem using the cable (LAN)...  :'(

PeterV

January 02, 2014, 07:03:36 PM #7 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 08:31:19 PM by PeterV
Quote from: ghostchild on January 02, 2014, 03:16:12 PM
Hi everybody!  :)

I've got this problem: core.exe always crashes as soon as I get out of the pits, when the server is empty (no one is riding).
I've got some cores even when there are several players in the server, but it is more rare.
I'm using standard bikes.

Any idea?  ::)

Thank you  :D

Oke i have had that when i was lazy and just copied my old skins from a previous GPBikes installation too a new GPBikes Installation. Gave me a lot of core.exe when i wanted too leave the pits, like you have now, Thats also a big no no, just install everything fresh, bikes, paints, helmets.

ghostchild

I've tried everything you said..... Brand new installation, without any mod... Go online and the same problem!  :o

I'm very disappointed..  :-\

Ian

HornetMaX

Quote from: ghostchild on January 02, 2014, 08:21:33 PM
I've tried everything you said..... Brand new installation, without any mod... Go online and the same problem!  :o
Just to be sure, did you also remove the data directory before re-installing (the one usually located in folder "PiBoSo\GP Bikes" under "My Documents") ?

You may want to backup your license.ini located there before removing.

MaX.

ghostchild

January 02, 2014, 10:23:09 PM #11 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:13:05 PM by ghostchild
Yes, I did..  :'(

I sent a pm to Piboso..

C21

January 08, 2014, 09:35:47 AM #12 Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:31:00 AM by C21
Any news on this.
I tried to connect to server on monday evening with the r6 and got two times game freeze at 1st outing and 1st left corner on victoria.
server was empty.
it is not possible for me to play online right now.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

ghostchild

Unfortunately I did not get answers from Piboso.
I still can play only when there's already someone playing in the server I choose.

ghostchild

I still have this problem.... there's nothing to do about it?  ::)