• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:22:29 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

a World Cup?

Started by Harrytmj66, January 03, 2014, 11:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harrytmj66

Could we do some sort of Race series country vs country?
A bit like the old Trans Atlantic series in the 70s and 80s.

iVolution

I think that a country vs. country race might be a bit unbalanced since some countries are better represented than others. As for a world series I expect that one for every class will be organized this year similar to that in 2013.

This all depends of course on how stable GPbikes and the servers will be in Beta4. The bugs and game crashes are the ones limiting the amount of competition, as for the players I guess there are enough willing to participate in a championship with regards to last year.

Ian

January 12, 2014, 12:23:57 PM #2 Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:41:44 PM by Ian
A easy way to represent your country would be to have a selection of national flags for the default helmet   ;D
They could be used for any race

Hawk

Quote from: Harrytmj66 on January 03, 2014, 11:25:30 AM
Could we do some sort of Race series country vs country?
A bit like the old Trans Atlantic series in the 70s and 80s.

I think this is a great idea! ;D And yes, some countries will be more represented than others, but hey, it would still be great fun! ;D 8)

If a table of current results was posted, it might even encourage more riders from countries less well represented to take part?

Arvoss

Maybe PiBoSo could integrate this in the game. That you have to select your country in your GP Bikes profile. We could have a country leaderboard with stats (players/country, races won, races lost, championships,...! :D