• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:20:29 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GPB unofficial guide - post your comments/suggestions here

Started by HornetMaX, January 03, 2014, 09:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C21

I would appricate a pdf file also.
Really good and badly needed for newbies!
Extraordinary work MAX!! :)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Alone

Incredible work Max, very helpfull.
Thanks a lot. Also I would like a pdf file :)

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

iVolution

Took another look at the guide just out of curiosity. Really great work, should be included as a mandatory read in the GPbikes install.

In the etiquette section I might have another addition: "When leaving the pit, give way (precedence) to riders already on track (passing the start/finish) in such a manner that they are in no way obstructed in their lap time"

RiccoChicco

iVolution

Quote from: RiccoChicco on May 13, 2014, 12:41:36 PM
Added, thanks for you contribution  :)
Any time, happy to contribute

Now that I am getting started....

Section 1.6.2 - Remark that if you do not select the highest connection speed, you might not to see all the riders on the grid/track.

Section 4.4 - Maybe put a link to what race flags there are and what they mean. I don't know which flags are implemented in GP bikes but something like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_flags will probably help the real noobs. At least we can then blame them for not reading the manual :)

Section 5.2 - When viewing a replay you can press the "spacebar" to hide the replay control interface.

Section 6.1 (4) I would add that this is only for viewing the conditions of the tyres, selecting another set there does not actually change the tyre set on the bike. (Something I found confusing first time I played GPbikes)

Ok thats all I could come up with. Just add what you think is useful.

HornetMaX

RiccoChicco

May 15, 2014, 11:34:20 PM #23 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 11:48:11 PM by RiccoChicco
Agree with MaX :D

EDIT : Added all of your propositions + added you name to the contributors  ;)

Thank you for your help!  8)

Napalm Nick

June 13, 2016, 03:48:44 PM #24 Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 03:52:26 PM by Napalm Nick
Maybe an ADMIN could move this and the Unofficial Guide to its own Category entitled something like "New to GPBIkes? START HERE" or something?? Would help new people and save the same explanations over and over.

And these links could do with a tweak  ;) http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=431.msg3002#msg3002
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 13, 2016, 03:48:44 PM
And these links could do with a tweak  ;) http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=431.msg3002#msg3002

Well this is just unacceptable!! I demand an apology for Klax and myself, Jamzo hasn't managed the BikeMOD in ages :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

The end of it has been me deciding to no longer take care of it ...

KG_03

Here are my observations that I came to after I have spend some hours testing and discovering things and I think that every one who will be new to gp bikes should should know this to avoid frustration. I play on a XBOX One game pad and I found it very hard to ride stable, at all curves accelerations the bike was unstable, I got shimmy all the time and higsides what made me frustrated.

1) Be smooth. As the game pad has no any resistance that we meet irl physics all the sticks and triggers movement are translated to game directly. So if I go back to upright position by releasing the stick it comes too fast and makes the bike very unstable wobbling very often. The same thing happened to throttle when I pressed it too quick it caused the bike fly in to the air. If for anyone being smooth is still to hard there are lots of input configurations in settings that will smoothen the stick/triggers movements to help out.
2) What is simulated in this game. I couldn't find direct information how tyres warm up (should i do it or not or for how long), asphalt grip changes depending on temperature, do the dirt when going of the track affect the grip?
3) If anyone miss any force feedback install MaxHUD and activate it. It also helped me a lot to better feel the bike.