Author Topic: CAWS MOD TEAM - Beta 11 - Project Updates - Last Update August 2017  (Read 1933 times)

Napalm Nick

• #68 NICKED-IT RACING - STEAL THE FINISH LINE
    • View Profile
Most of the CAWS physics experts are taking a break. Track Mods progressing. + We are now supporting other games as well as GPB
Due to Beta 12 changing significant factors all the MOD bikes will need changing, and those where we dont hold the 3D model are likely to be lost forever  :(

OK, as the PR lady for the team, I will try to update this as often as possible when relevant information is known.

So here is what I know:

SOME EXCITING TRACK UPDATES ARE BEING WORKED ON please note these may require the LAA HAck due to their size:

CATALUNYA LS NDS Released - JUNE

BRANDS HATCH LS NDS Released -MAY
KNOCKHILL Released - FEB
IMOLA x2 - FIXED MARSHALS Released

WIP TRACKS (some have export bugs due to Piboso tools so on hold until he updates them):
Oulton Park x 3 layouts
BRNO GP
SPA LS
ZANDVOORT
DONINGTON PARK
NORDSHLEIF LS
MONDELLO PARK
GOODWOOD

1992 GP500 Bikes - 4 bikes released! Go have some 2 stroke fun! Only sound feedback received.

(Also a lot of other GP500 bikes in the queue) (yeh we are old gits so what   :-*)

Moto 3 Bikeset - Released 8 bikes asking to be ridden , no feedback since last updates.

Stock 1000 Bikeset - Released 6 bikes - a lot of work went in to giving each of these distinct characteristics (and personally I think they are the best 4 strokers for fun)

2013 Kalex Moto 2 - Released. Others in queue priority slipped as you have some to play with already from the great BES team.

ROAD_DUCATI_916_94 v0.6a Released (May need some sound and EB tweaks depending on feedback)

ROAD_DUCATI_955_96A4 v0.5a Released (May need some sound and EB tweaks depending on feedback)

Scratch-built Classic bike: - MV Agusta 500 Three - released!

(R6 CUP) released!]

SBK - Another 8 bikes all in the queue also priority slipping due to other Mod teams doing them/ more modern ones.

Another 2 scratch built Classic bike: ON HOLD Due to lack of community feedback

SSP600: 6 bikes - The conversion was completed and testing and tuning was surpassed by the Stock1000 bikes :   + discussing priority with this Class

1992 TZ250cc / Aprillia 250 RSA: BEING UPDATED NOW

Roadster_2007_Yamaha_FZ6 v0.9a: taken over with permission from Obelix90 to inject real world information and nearly complete (Tiego model we have no 3d) 99% done but primary FZ modder away

SV650/Project X and another Classic bike are also being made and are ON HOLD

2 Stroke 125cc Scratch-build: ON HOLD

Kawasaki ZXr 750RR :BEING MADE NOW

+Some other smaller bikes.

So about 40 bikes at least  - I reckon about 10 years work.  :D 

The conversion to B11+ is odd and the fine tuning is, and so is injecting the realism and characteristics. If you like what CAWS are doing and have already done conversions of older bikes (but maybe don't have permission) then maybe we can help, just say.

As I say I will try to keep this updated as things progress. Please do not ask when bikes will be ready it sucks the enthusiasm out of the guys. We do understand how frustrating waiting is, trust us we know!

Previous text
Please note: that the core PHYSICS modders in the team are only two, with bountiful experience but limited time, the rest of us have more specific areas to help out , Tyre models, sound, engine, suspension etc.

Backed up by Excellent BIKE Model makers (who are enjoying making scratch built models and I think this is what CAWS main passion is), all helping in the free time we can find. CAWS ethos is to ONLY produce bikes that have as realistic-as-possible physics and as much correct data input from as many sources as we can find. A lot of tweaking and testing is involved which is a slow process itself. For the GPItalia models they have entrusted us to make the best and accurate we can to ensure their quality and good name is maintained.

This means the turnaround for bikes, whether updating to B11+ or scratch-building is not fast.  Fortunately this year there is a good flow of bikes coming to the game from the various Mod teams  :)

We did discuss the path and way ahead for the CAWS Mods in some depth and finally resolved to sticking to as near 100% real as possible. This may mean that some characteristics of the bikes have similar faults to PiBoSos models and will improve as the game physics improves. That said, releasing unfinished beta bikes for the community to provide feedback on ended in a sorry tale last time, so you aren't likely to see them until the pre-release stage now.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 10:59:13 AM by Napalm Nick »
Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

BIKE SIM EUROPE

• View Profile
Re: CAWS MOD TEAM - Project Updates
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 09:30:49 PM »
Cheer up guys!! A lot work written on your post so many projects! Nice! We hope the best for CAWS ;)

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 09:42:17 PM »
Cheer up guys!! A lot work written on your post so many projects! Nice! We hope the best for CAWS ;)

Thanks guys :D

Syd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 11:23:46 PM »
Wow, that's a heavy workload! Big thanks to team Caws. For me, I have had much fun with the moto3, 500 and stk100 bikes. Reality is way better than arcade anyday.
Is feedback needed for these bikes? I thought they were done?

Warlock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 11:49:17 PM »
Feedback is always welcomed m8, if there is something to improve, we would like to hear, a bike is never done  :)

Napalm Nick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 11:49:50 PM »
Feedback is always welcome m8, if there is something to improve, we would like to hear, a bike is never done  :)

Agree! Thanks Syd. :)
Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

Syd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 10:35:10 AM »
Ok. Well if feedback is wanted, I will gladly give it. But it will need a lot of laps to get enough info for this. Like racing. so I reckon what we need is a 'feedback race series' with each bike. Anyone who joins has to give some feedback. Or maybe a form to fill in on each of the bike's characteristics and components? Like a score out of ten, would that help? I am sure there are free form builders available to do the job. What do you think?
And then at least we can have some RACIIIING!!!

Napalm Nick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 10:45:07 AM »
Very professional Syd!
I think just the odd comments are fine for now mate lol.
But racing Yeh! That's what we need, the best feedback will come from it.
I think DD is organising the best races ever, but anyone can make a race in the mean time. I'm sure DD would also provide a dedicated server  8)
Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

Syd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 01:01:14 PM »
well, yes, sounds a bit overkill, but looking at your first post it seems that sofar there is almost zero feedback, so some form of incentive is needed ;)

doubledragoncc

• If it dont fit HIT it!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 01:04:37 PM »
I am happy to provide a  server, BUT, right now I am buildinfg a z270 system and a server system but ran into a problem on server system as it seems I need to buy a graphics card for it as onboard wont work for even installing windows lol.

I will set the ROG system up for servers in the mean while, its ethernet is wicked fast and should provide good server service.

I am super busy but will do it all asap.

With Piboso server problems a question..................HOW could another server be set up to do what Piboso's server does???

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls

Teamspeak: Server IP: 82.43.148.211  user password "yougetin"

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

PeterV

• CAWS - Server Dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 01:20:32 PM »
Think you cant, you need the masterserver DD.

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 01:21:04 PM »

With Piboso server problems a question..................HOW could another server be set up to do what Piboso's server does???

Not sure if we can...

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 01:27:49 PM »
Well after whats gone on this week we need to figure it out to help Piboso and the community

DD

I need a Win7 pro key if anyone has a spare for the server as I have run out of keys lol I dont think the old one from my laptop will work for a desktop system

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 01:38:52 PM »
I'll PM you :)

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 01:55:54 PM »
Thanks matty will try and hope either my old key or yours works

DD