• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Track Downloads Database Admin Announcement

Started by Hawk, January 28, 2017, 11:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

As from the 11th Feb 2017 I will be discontinuing my role as "Administrator" of the "Track Downloads Database".

I've been thinking about this for a few months now as my time is limited and I want to devout more time and effort into the CAWS MOD Team and Bike/Track development itself as well as other projects I want to put my mind to. Also the fact that I've been doing this role for so long now and the community is evolving and changing it's outlook on how they want things done around here, so I just feel that it's time for someone else to take over the reins with fresh ideas.  :)

I will leave the current MEGA based Track Database up until the 11th Feb 2017 to allow for anyone who wishes to take-over the database admin role to download any tracks they need to form their own Track Database System for the community, after which I will delete all the tracks from my MEGA account to give me the storage space I'm going to need for my other project work.

If anyone wants to take over the Track Database Admin role(Please post your intentions below so the community knows what's happening), then I'd be happy to give any advice/help they may require until they have got their own track database established.  ;) 8)

Finally, as far as I'm concerned, throughout all the years this has been a team effort, so I'd especially like to thank Piboso, the Forum Moderators, and all the server admins/hosts and people that have helped and co-operated in the smooth running of the Track Database system over all these years, it's been very much appreciated. Thank you!  ;) 8)

Hawk.

PeterV

You did a fine Job with it Hawk. Thank you very much indeed.

Syd

Thank you Hawk for looking after the tracks all this time.
I think that when new guys join up they don't realise how much voluntary work is ongoing.
I can't help unfortunately as work often takes me away for long periods, but I hope someone will take over to keep this going.

Alone

Thank you very much Hawk. You have done a hughe job to bring us a great way to enjoy this sim without messing it all :).
Time to relax, lol

Cheers mate!

Ian

dibu

Sorry to hear that Hawk, but I understand your step. :o
You've done all the years a very well job - thank you very much.  :) :)

Warlock

Thanks Hawk, has been a long time of well organized and updated list of tracks m8, nice job indeed, really appreciate.
Time to relax and focus in whatever other things you want m8.

doubledragoncc

Thanks for the great work Hawk, it will be missed

I would jump at running it but I have more than enough to do right now sorry guys

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

lkslodzkzn

Thanks for All Hawk. I would gladly undertook this but i use shitty 3g internet with mb limits:(

Urban Chaos 2.0

Many thanks, Hawk. I'd do it, but I don't have enough bandwidth, haha.

Boerenlater

Thanks for your work! If only I had the upload space...
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Meyer#12

Thank you for all thw work! You have done a masive job!

Unfortunately i can't take over either, don't even have enough sparetime to do all the stuff i would want for GPb.
Meyer#12

janaucarre

Napalm Nick

Yes! Thanks for your tireless dedication to doing this job, Hawky, very much appreciated, and I am slightly nervous that we wont find such a worthy replacement for the job.  :(

Glad to hear you will be concentrating on bringing the community more content mate!

We hope you...

I cannot take over the job as I am not Awesome enough  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"