• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:15:42 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Wings are back ...

Started by HornetMaX, January 31, 2017, 10:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

... just a bit harder to spot :)

matty0l215

Can't see the ussue of having wings... F1 has them and this isn't as ugly as last years
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

I'd hardly classify those as functional wings that would have any real affect on down force? Would you? More likely just guide veins to direct the airflow to were they want it to go.  :)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on January 31, 2017, 02:01:35 PM
I'd hardly classify those as functional wings that would have any real affect on down force? Would you? More likely just guide veins to direct the airflow to were they want it to go.  :)
To me they are there for the exact same reason they had wings the last season (downforce).
They are just different to cope with this year's rules. And maybe a tad less ugly :)

matty0l215

Instead of having them stick out they've just covered them all up. Almost looks like an air intake fr somthing
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Warlock

Quote from: matty0l215 on January 31, 2017, 02:46:49 PM
Instead of having them stick out they've just covered them all up. Almost looks like an air intake fr somthing

Yup  :). The whole fairing acts the same

HornetMaX

In case some still have doubts about the effect of last year's wings :)

QuoteQuestion:
What is the biggest difference between last year's bike and this year's bike?

Casey Stoner:
No wings, is the biggest difference. We still need a bit of time to find that balance with the bike without them, because they did add downforce and certain characteristics to the bike. We found some positives, negatives everything to it. But we do need a little bit more time and data without wings because it's been a few years now that the Ducati has had them.
Read more at http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/240062/1/stoner-i-didnt-retire-because-i-wasnt-fast-enough.html#ODAzxSQgtWrvoXaH.99

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/240062/1/stoner-i-didnt-retire-because-i-wasnt-fast-enough.html