• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:33:51 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

How does the camera works ?

Started by tchemi, February 09, 2017, 11:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alone

I feel exactly the same as Max between both sims. The 1p camera from mxb feels perfect for me, and the one in gpb dont, even with/out head leaning and corner anticipation.

HornetMaX

@Tchemi: I forgot to add  ... I think it should take very little time to MagicFR to adapt his mod from AssettoCorsa to GPB/MXB/WRS/KRP (from what I read, he's a real game dev, not an amateur like me). If he's up to it he can get in touch with me (I live in France so i speak a somehow decent french), just to help him starting with GPB plugin stuff.

tchemi

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 10, 2017, 09:49:21 PM
@Tchemi: I forgot to add  ... I think it should take very little time to MagicFR to adapt his mod from AssettoCorsa to GPB/MXB/WRS/KRP (from what I read, he's a real game dev, not an amateur like me). If he's up to it he can get in touch with me (I live in France so i speak a somehow decent french), just to help him starting with GPB plugin stuff.

J'y ai pensé aussi mais je ne suis pas sur que PIBOSO veuille laisser un inconnu mettre les mains dans son code ;) Perso je suis dans le dev aussi, d'où ma proposition d'aider (déjà fait ça sur d'aurtes jeux)
I thought about it too but I'm not sure PIBOSO would let a stranger put his hand in his code. I'm also a dev so that's why I offer my help.

Anyway, to stay focused on the topic. You are right ! Getting telemetry then filter it with emulated head movement is too much complicated imo. I'm sure we can achieve something acceptable more simply.

HornetMaX

I mean that MagicFR could code a plugin for GPB just like he did for AC. I'm 99.9% sure GPB provides all is needed to make it work just like in AC.
There's no need to touch PiBoSo's code (even if, as I said, I thnk it would be better if PiBoSo could have a look at the suggestion and decide if it has a future).

tchemi

As Sir PiBoSo is working on cameras, I think we should just wait for the result and let this thread in stand-by. Also, I didn't found how to contact MagicFR :/

HornetMaX