• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:28:19 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Why isn't the whole bike and rider models used in 1st person view?

Started by Hawk, March 24, 2016, 09:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

DD just made a post that got me thinking as to why the whole bike and rider model are not used when a rider is using the 1st person view?

I understand that the reason could be to make it more efficient, but surely if the whole model parts in view are being rendered in 3rd person view then it would be the same use of resources to use the full bike and rider model in 1st person view too? This would stop, as DD mentioned, seeing the rider arms detached and no body, etc, etc when looking around in 1st person view?

I just don't understand why the full model cannot be used in 1st person view too, that's all.  :)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Thanks Hawk and to add to that, it is quite off putting as all of a sudden my peripheral vision picks up movement and it causes me to look away from where I should but its just the bloody arm ends flapping about. It is a human reaction that I dont need during a fast curve and I can hear a bike, look at the movement and the bike passes on the other side and I dont see it and hit it lol.

Bit exaggerated but it is a pain and disturbing.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

And with Occulus and the like being just round the corner it will look even worse......
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Yeah and if in future there was smellivision you would have to put up with armpit smells!!!

It is not just 1st person that it effects but in replay the rear cam catches bits of the legs or ass or woteva it is that flops about the cam!!! This is one view I want to use for my videos but cant as it looks shit.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Yeah.... Looks like there needs to be some work done with the helmet view camera(when to clip and when not to clip type thing, you know?) if we ever get full rider and bike model view in 1st person view.

BTW: Was that full bike model view too? I thought that looked more realistic than the current 1st person view myself... What do you guys think?  ;D

Hawk.

h106frp

HornetMaX

Quote from: ptrshpt on March 25, 2016, 03:58:24 PM
No. The camera is in the default position, which is lower than the rider's head.
That's the only problem I see there. If you put the camera where it should be (in the helmet, behind the visor), it should be OK, no ?

Quote from: ptrshpt on March 25, 2016, 03:58:24 PM
Moving it inside the helmet as if you are looking through the visor it's too forward and too high.
But that's a separate issue: it means the rider's head is too fwd and high.

Could you post the video with the cam in that position ?

P.S.
The visor looks nice or am I wrong ? :)

HornetMaX

So it basically works, with a few tweaks needed: camera and rider movements to be better aligned (that's for Pib I guess), model for the inside of the helmet, ...

Visor looks super nice (bit too dark).

h106frp

I do like that view  :) How did you achieve this?. I could not get anything in game playing with the rider configs

If the camera tracked the helmet better it would be much more realistic option than the current one. I have noticed using the EDtracker that our current rider seems to have an owl like ability to spin his head around rather than the correct rigging of looking back over his shoulder by rotating the torso and head.

I am sure i could fix thew visor glare and reflection using the same method i am using for the 1P windshield   ;)

Hawk

Has anyone using an Occulus Rift with GPBikes tried viewing other parts of the bike besides the main bike cockpit in 1st person view yet? It would be interesting to know what you saw?  ;)

Hawk.