• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:49:36 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Interesting "the STIG" comments about Sim-difficulty (PC2)

Started by davidboda46, February 13, 2017, 06:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/13/project-cars-2-taking-the-fight-to-forza-gran-turismo

Seems like the IRL drivers comments are no BS, although you can never be sure (I'm a journalist and born skeptical).

Cheers,   

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Urban Chaos 2.0

February 13, 2017, 08:14:58 AM #1 Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:17:32 AM by Urban Chaos 2.0
This is some great news: "For example, previously it was pretty much unheard of for any game developer to require, as part of the license agreement, access to the factory drivers... Because we don't only use these real-world race drivers; as far as possible we also use factory drivers that the various manufacturers have that race their cars.

"So we made that part of the contract agreement... We want them to iterate with us on the physics and we want them to be happy that the cars drive the way that they should. Some of them took a little push to get them to the point of agreeing with it but we got there, and now they understand."

Very nice. I can't wait to buy this.

JamoZ

Urban Chaos 2.0

This is going to be one hell of an amazing sim

Under the hood of Project CARS 2

http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331843830816/project-cars-2-interview-red-bull-games

BOBR6 84

Im not feeling any hype for p.cars 2.. just means il probably need to upgrade my pc to enjoy it as intended by the looks of the graphics.. screw that, il stick with Automobilista, R3E etc etc..

JamoZ

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on February 13, 2017, 09:26:21 PM
Im not feeling any hype for p.cars 2.. just means il probably need to upgrade my pc to enjoy it as intended by the looks of the graphics.. screw that, il stick with Automobilista, R3E etc etc..

I think only the Forza/GT crowd and people who are easily convinced by PR talk are hyped about pCARS 2.
The rest of the simracing world is very sceptical, as they should be. pCARS 1 lacked way to many promised features and was not what they promised it would be when they first opened the project for backers.

doubledragoncc

PC2 is just a dirty way of taking more money for little content increase. PC1 never got finished is the reality of it, but I learnt first hand how the team at SMS treat the paying customer.

Think I would rather wait for GTR3 this time

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 14, 2017, 12:30:25 AM
PC2 is just a dirty way of taking more money for little content increase. PC1 never got finished is the reality of it, but I learnt first hand how the team at SMS treat the paying customer.

Think I would rather wait for GTR3 this time

DD

You see: I didn't buy the first game, and was not all too aware of the features which were meant to feature yet excluded (although I think pit crews and WII U version were the only things), so I didn't get burnt. This time however, looking at all the alleged new features and improvements, I think PC2 is worthy of being the successor to the first.