• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:43:21 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

New onboard view

Started by HornetMaX, February 19, 2017, 11:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Tchemi, if you car about immersion yoiu should try an EdTracker.

tchemi

I have a TrackIR and a HTC Vive ;)

HornetMaX

I'd still throw the TrackIR away for an EdTracker :)

Do you see the improvements in the onboard even when using the TrackIR  and/or the Vive ?

PiBoSo

Please note that when using VR the camera is always fixed to the bike.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

tchemi

I didn't tryed the VR yet. I think it's not a urge regarding the last message  ::)

HornetMaX

I was more interested in knowing if you see a difference with the TrackIR, just to be sure the improvement I think I have with the EdTracker is not placebo :)

lkslodzkzn

WOW !! I was tryed new view and I am in shock :o how small change can significant improve the riding now the keep correct race line is so much easier, riding is pure fun only 2 things i noticed the cam on wheelie and second on track Autobahn on road CBR900RR on low speed camera shaking horizontal in Brno is OK Thank You Piboso. cheers

davidboda46

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 21, 2017, 08:55:32 AM
I was more interested in knowing if you see a difference with the TrackIR, just to be sure the improvement I think I have with the EdTracker is not placebo :)

So it makes a difference when using EdTracker (I do)?

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

TFC

Sounds like a good update. Is this going to be ported to MXB? And if so will there be some compensation for big hill climbs I.e Washington, Maryland?

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on February 22, 2017, 08:52:01 AM
Sounds like a good update. Is this going to be ported to MXB? And if so will there be some compensation for big hill climbs I.e Washington, Maryland?

It has already been ported to MXB.
Could you please explain what "compensation" means?

TFC

You know, if it looks at the horizon then climbing the big hill at Washington, or Mount St Helen on the custom track Glen Helen which has what must be a 40* climb give or take would leave the rider looking at the tank.. By compensation I mean a way of using the terrain to maybe influence the view for hills and decents.

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on February 22, 2017, 11:01:51 AM
You know, if it looks at the horizon then climbing the big hill at Washington, or Mount St Helen on the custom track Glen Helen which has what must be a 40* climb give or take would leave the rider looking at the tank.. By compensation I mean a way of using the terrain to maybe influence the view for hills and decents.

The new onboard views are not locked to the horizon.
The reference is the ground.

TFC

Aha, awesome. That should make for some interesting motocross, thanks ;D

HornetMaX

Just to be sure we understand the new view mode correctly, what changed is:

• pitch (of the view) aligned to the ground (was aligned to the bike)
  • yaw (of the view) aligned to the bike direction of motion (was aligned to the bike "longitudinal" direction)
Correct ?

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 22, 2017, 11:22:43 AM
Just to be sure we understand the new view mode correctly, what changed is:

• pitch (of the view) aligned to the ground (was aligned to the bike)
  • yaw (of the view) aligned to the bike direction of motion (was aligned to the bike "longitudinal" direction)
Correct ?

Correct.