• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:46:29 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

New onboard view

Started by HornetMaX, February 19, 2017, 11:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

I just gave a (very) quick try to the new onboard view mode (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=15.msg70886#msg70886).

I like it more than the normal one, maybe even much more (but I need to compare the two more for sure).
First sight (haha), it feels easier to my brain than the default one.

Only thing that looks a bit weird: when you wheelie, as the sight is kept aligned to the horizon, you basically look at your tank :)
Maybe we could apply a factor < 1 to the sight pitch compensation and partially avoid that (or maybe something more sophisticate, past a give pitch angle).

I invite all the onboard riders to give it a try and compare the two options !

Warlock

Finally! , this is was i was talking about, much better now.
Now is a bit too static, but for sure much better than a fixed to the bike movement.

Indeed wheelies are dangerous this way lol  ;D

Warlock

lol same for stoppies  ;D, the bike just dissapears below you lol

As H mentioned there is some disconnection from the bike feedback, but instead you can focus in the line you want to follow.
So something in between this new view and the old one will be just perfect.
And even better a setting to blend both to the point you like it most.  :)  -dampered + dampered.

tchemi

How, How could I missed that. I did'nt saw it on the changelog so I thought Piboso was still working on it.
I'll try it this evening with and without VR and let you know.

Max, did you tryed with or without your head tracker ?

HornetMaX

Quote from: tchemi on February 20, 2017, 09:46:20 AM
Max, did you tryed with or without your head tracker ?
With and without.

I think the positive effect is more visible without head tracker (using the head tracker takes away some of the weirdness I perceive in the default mode).

Quote from: Warlock on February 20, 2017, 12:59:05 AM
As H mentioned there is some disconnection from the bike feedback, but instead you can focus in the line you want to follow.
So something in between this new view and the old one will be just perfect.
As H mentioned where ?

Vini

yes, the new view rocks, it's definitely a lot more realistic and fun to play. just got to get more used to it now.

jemaro

Where I can change the new mode for the onboard views?

I don´t see  mode 1 on the game.

Regards

Warlock

Quote from: jemaro on February 20, 2017, 11:54:57 AM

Regards

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 19, 2017, 11:02:38 PM

There are a few settings that are only available manually editing profile.ini file that is located in profile directory under "profiles" in "My Documents"\PiBoSo\GP Bikes\ save path.

[view]
mode = 1

To select the "alternative" mode for the onboard views ( pointing to the direction of motion and pitch relative to the ground rather than the bike ).

tchemi

Quote from: vin97 on February 20, 2017, 10:12:36 AM
yes, the new view rocks, it's definitely a lot more realistic and fun to play. just got to get more used to it now.

Haha, That's why you were so fast on mugello ^^.

Seriously, I think this is awesome that this new view came on the beta11. Strange that we have to edit the ini file and that this is not a option in the settings like lean, tilt, fov etc... Maybe it is completly unrelated.

jemaro

February 20, 2017, 03:16:10 PM #10 Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 03:18:45 PM by jemaro
Quote from: Warlock on February 20, 2017, 02:36:35 PM
Quote from: jemaro on February 20, 2017, 11:54:57 AM

Regards

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 19, 2017, 11:02:38 PM

There are a few settings that are only available manually editing profile.ini file that is located in profile directory under "profiles" in "My Documents"\PiBoSo\GP Bikes\ save path.

[view]
mode = 1

To select the "alternative" mode for the onboard views ( pointing to the direction of motion and pitch relative to the ground rather than the bike ).

Thank you Warlock, But I don´t see this file.

Warlock

C:\Documents\PiBoSo\GP Bikes\profiles\Your_Nick\profile.ini

Search in the file for [view]  and add mode=1 

jemaro

Quote from: Warlock on February 20, 2017, 04:01:02 PM

C:\Documents\PiBoSo\GP Bikes\profiles\Your_Nick\profile.ini

Search in the file for [view]  and add mode=1

Thank you again Warlock,now yes.

I like the new camera onboard much better.

tchemi

February 20, 2017, 07:25:44 PM #13 Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 07:31:22 PM by tchemi
WOA !!

Personnaly, I think that this is one of the most significant improvement I saw in GPB. It's awesome, near perfect !

On the plus :
- image stability, it helps to be much more reliable and decrease brain and eyes fatigue on long runs
- immersion, It's just awesome ! You (Piboso) kept the essential ! The movement from back to front when braking or changing gear, like a little kick in the butt. The little woblles that are still present. They are no more a difficulty but it's like, any little movement you won't notice is just normal or acceptable. Any movement you will notice on the bike is an alert ! The first time I pull up the rear wheel on a breaking, I didn't realised, it was just my brain saying "hey, isn't the bike disapearing ? you should release everything !!" and I released the brake. Then I realized, ooooookkkkk so that's how stoppies look like now
- confidence, You can target the apex or the exit of the corner and stay focus on it. My trajectories are a bit cleaner and I feel a lot more comfortable
- still has some feedback, wobbling, the cam that raise a bit with the front of the bike, kick in the butt on shiftings... It has nothing to see with 3rd P. It is not altered, not arcade, it is just an other 1P cam logic.

On the neg :
- bit less feedback, when sliding, or when the rear wheel pull up. Yes, thos movement are little, subtile and you have to get used to it (depending on the bikes, the moto GP for instance, you have a great view on the cockpit, it gives more feedback than the varese that is very low (no offense or what, I did'nt tested all bikes, I just take examples))
- setup more difficult, you don't feel any little change and I think it can be more difficult to set up the bike cause you don't have the full feedback

On definitive, this is a great work and a great surprise Piboso could have done this so fast !!
There are maybe some little features that can be added to polish it.
As Warlock said, maybe a cursor to chose how much we want it dampered, but I'm afraid the two logics between mode=0 and mode=1 are too much different.
Otherwise, a feature to move the default cam position (up/down, front/back) could be very usefull too

Green thumbs for PiBoSo !!  <3

Edit : If anybody want to try, here are my settings
[view]
fov=85.000000
tilt=0.250000
pitch=0.500000
corner_anticipation=2
corner_anticipation_scale=0.500000
lean_heading_scale=6.000000
free_look=0
free_look_input=0
curview=0