Author Topic: GP Bikes Needs a Ghost/Trainer  (Read 3281 times)

Urban Chaos 2.0

• I'm the best in the world, and that's no lie.
    • View Profile
GP Bikes Needs a Ghost/Trainer
« on: February 20, 2017, 02:44:36 PM »
@Piboso: I think a non-conventional ghost for GP Bikes would go a long way. Here's the proposition:

A ghost should be added to GP Bikes, but one which will continue to lap at one of the rider's past lap times of the session (a lap-time the rider can choose). This means: as the ghost crosses the finish line, it continues the next lap, regardless of whether or not you have crossed the finish line as well. This will allow riders to race against their ghost for many laps because the ghost will continue running the same pace while the rider is on track. I think this is a very good idea, and will add something quite unique and interesting to GP Bikes. It will allow riders to prepare offline, for online races better, as it helps people lap consistently at a given pace with their ghost (which will be lapping continuously at the same pace as one of the previous lap-times set).

tchemi

• View Profile
Re: GP Bikes Needs a Ghost/Trainer
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 02:56:42 PM »
+1 for the ghost !

Personnaly I think that the possibility to share/import/export ghost from other pilots could really help improve your riding. In a manner of certains games, when you go on the "result" panel, you can download the ghost of the best lap of any pilot. Then you could load it and race against it to see where it is faster than you. It's a dreamed feature, yes, but maybe it could gives ideas for the future.

Urban Chaos 2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 03:01:22 PM »
I don't think folks should be able to download other riders' ghosts. Ghosts are for offline training, and to help you grow as an individual rider. It should stay that way. One thing is for sure though: GP Bikes needs a ghost. Preferably non-transparent. A transparent ghost will look bad.

MultiCOOLFRESH

• Burrn rubber, not your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 04:53:02 PM »
+1
Heeeeeey Hoooooo

GP Bikes Discord Server (https://discord.gg/CKqrHHF)

poumpouny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 05:59:24 AM »
The noob i am agree ! the thing is that when training offline, i'm making decent lap time, because i'm alone on the track. But the time i play online, i cannot stop falling, mainly because i'm not trained to have someone below or behind me, i lose lot of concentration. Ghost will help a lot training my concentration capabilities while having someone else in the track.

Urban Chaos 2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 07:26:40 AM »
The noob i am agree ! the thing is that when training offline, i'm making decent lap time, because i'm alone on the track. But the time i play online, i cannot stop falling, mainly because i'm not trained to have someone below or behind me, i lose lot of concentration. Ghost will help a lot training my concentration capabilities while having someone else in the track.

+1

Exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about.

doubledragoncc

• If it dont fit HIT it!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 08:45:31 AM »
This has already been talked about as there s one in MXB it is just a case of waiting for PIBOSO to do it if he will and can

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls

Teamspeak: Server IP: 82.43.148.211  user password "yougetin"

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

MonJue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 10:39:53 AM »
+1 Great idea.

lkslodzkzn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 11:00:49 AM »
@Piboso: I think a non-conventional ghost for GP Bikes would go a long way. Here's the proposition:

A ghost should be added to GP Bikes, but one which will continue to lap at one of the rider's past lap times of the session (a lap-time the rider can choose). This means: as the ghost crosses the finish line, it continues the next lap, regardless of whether or not you have crossed the finish line as well. This will allow riders to race against their ghost for many laps because the ghost will continue running the same pace while the rider is on track. I think this is a very good idea, and will add something quite unique and interesting to GP Bikes. It will allow riders to prepare offline, for online races better, as it helps people lap consistently at a given pace with their ghost (which will be lapping continuously at the same pace as one of the previous lap-times set).
Nice idea totally agree.

Urban Chaos 2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 08:00:09 PM »
@Piboso: Please give us a ghost. I'm begging you bro! :'(

Haha seriously.

guigui404

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 11:22:19 PM »
IMO , ghost isn't a good thing , too far away from simulation

Urban Chaos 2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2017, 05:25:28 AM »
IMO , ghost isn't a good thing , too far away from simulation

A ghost is actually a very useful tool and a great feature for a sim like GP bikes. It's not far from simulation at all. If you don't want a ghost, don't enable it. It's that simple. The fact is, it will benefit damn-near EVERY GP Bikes rider.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 05:43:56 AM by Urban Chaos 2.0 »

doubledragoncc

• If it dont fit HIT it!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2017, 10:15:58 AM »
THe MXB Ghost is brilliant and helps you better your times by showing you how you are riding, lines your taking and enables you to better yourself offline.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls

Teamspeak: Server IP: 82.43.148.211  user password "yougetin"

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

Urban Chaos 2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2017, 06:16:36 PM »
THe MXB Ghost is brilliant and helps you better your times by showing you how you are riding, lines your taking and enables you to better yourself offline.

DD

Exactly! A GP Bikes ghost would improve the GP Bikes experience by a whole lot.

IronHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2017, 06:35:03 AM »
This is exactly what GP bikes is missing. I would love to race my ghost!