• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes Needs a Ghost/Trainer

Started by Urban Chaos 2.0, February 20, 2017, 02:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urban Chaos 2.0

@Piboso: I think a non-conventional ghost for GP Bikes would go a long way. Here's the proposition:

A ghost should be added to GP Bikes, but one which will continue to lap at one of the rider's past lap times of the session (a lap-time the rider can choose). This means: as the ghost crosses the finish line, it continues the next lap, regardless of whether or not you have crossed the finish line as well. This will allow riders to race against their ghost for many laps because the ghost will continue running the same pace while the rider is on track. I think this is a very good idea, and will add something quite unique and interesting to GP Bikes. It will allow riders to prepare offline, for online races better, as it helps people lap consistently at a given pace with their ghost (which will be lapping continuously at the same pace as one of the previous lap-times set).

tchemi

+1 for the ghost !

Personnaly I think that the possibility to share/import/export ghost from other pilots could really help improve your riding. In a manner of certains games, when you go on the "result" panel, you can download the ghost of the best lap of any pilot. Then you could load it and race against it to see where it is faster than you. It's a dreamed feature, yes, but maybe it could gives ideas for the future.

Urban Chaos 2.0

I don't think folks should be able to download other riders' ghosts. Ghosts are for offline training, and to help you grow as an individual rider. It should stay that way. One thing is for sure though: GP Bikes needs a ghost. Preferably non-transparent. A transparent ghost will look bad.

MultiCOOLFRESH

Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

poumpouny

The noob i am agree ! the thing is that when training offline, i'm making decent lap time, because i'm alone on the track. But the time i play online, i cannot stop falling, mainly because i'm not trained to have someone below or behind me, i lose lot of concentration. Ghost will help a lot training my concentration capabilities while having someone else in the track.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: poumpouny on February 21, 2017, 05:59:24 AM
The noob i am agree ! the thing is that when training offline, i'm making decent lap time, because i'm alone on the track. But the time i play online, i cannot stop falling, mainly because i'm not trained to have someone below or behind me, i lose lot of concentration. Ghost will help a lot training my concentration capabilities while having someone else in the track.

+1

Exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about.

doubledragoncc

This has already been talked about as there s one in MXB it is just a case of waiting for PIBOSO to do it if he will and can

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

MonJue

lkslodzkzn

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on February 20, 2017, 02:44:36 PM
@Piboso: I think a non-conventional ghost for GP Bikes would go a long way. Here's the proposition:

A ghost should be added to GP Bikes, but one which will continue to lap at one of the rider's past lap times of the session (a lap-time the rider can choose). This means: as the ghost crosses the finish line, it continues the next lap, regardless of whether or not you have crossed the finish line as well. This will allow riders to race against their ghost for many laps because the ghost will continue running the same pace while the rider is on track. I think this is a very good idea, and will add something quite unique and interesting to GP Bikes. It will allow riders to prepare offline, for online races better, as it helps people lap consistently at a given pace with their ghost (which will be lapping continuously at the same pace as one of the previous lap-times set).
Nice idea totally agree.

Urban Chaos 2.0

@Piboso: Please give us a ghost. I'm begging you bro! :'(

Haha seriously.

guigui404

IMO , ghost isn't a good thing , too far away from simulation

Urban Chaos 2.0

March 04, 2017, 05:25:28 AM #11 Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 05:43:56 AM by Urban Chaos 2.0
Quote from: guigui404 on March 03, 2017, 11:22:19 PM
IMO , ghost isn't a good thing , too far away from simulation

A ghost is actually a very useful tool and a great feature for a sim like GP bikes. It's not far from simulation at all. If you don't want a ghost, don't enable it. It's that simple. The fact is, it will benefit damn-near EVERY GP Bikes rider.

doubledragoncc

THe MXB Ghost is brilliant and helps you better your times by showing you how you are riding, lines your taking and enables you to better yourself offline.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 04, 2017, 10:15:58 AM
THe MXB Ghost is brilliant and helps you better your times by showing you how you are riding, lines your taking and enables you to better yourself offline.

DD

Exactly! A GP Bikes ghost would improve the GP Bikes experience by a whole lot.

IronHorse

This is exactly what GP bikes is missing. I would love to race my ghost!