• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:23:13 PM

Custom bike skin question?

Started by MonJue, February 21, 2017, 10:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonJue

February 21, 2017, 10:26:19 PM Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 10:29:47 PM by MonJue
Hi All,

So im having a little trouble... im working with a Motogp Suzuki bike template that consists of 5 PSD files.. the names are..

carenado.psd
rim.psd
windshield.psd
c_carenado.psd
c_windshield.psd

Once i have finished editing the files in photoshop i save each PSD as a .tga keeping its original filename? (eg. carenado.tga) is this correct?

Once i open the 5 .tga files in 'painted' the program crashes when trying to convert to .pkt files.

I have successfully edited a leathers .psd file template and converted to .pkt with no problems, however this is only 1 file not 5. I also know to name the .tga as 'rider'

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

Also why are the files repeated in painted? eg.  (._windshield) etc???
Attached is a photo of where i get to...

As always thank you!

Gzehoo

Dir Read --> folder where you have these .tga files.

Name your skin, then click on Pack and save it as .pnt file.

matty0l215

Hi MonJue

Yes it is correct to keep the files names. It is how gpbikes knows where to put the texture.

Im not sure why they are being duplicated though.

Make sure once you have used DIR READ to get the .tga  files into painted. You thenneed to put the name of the paint in where it says Name: (this is what it shall be called in game)

then you must click PACK to save the textures to the .pnt file which can then be placed in the correct paints folder (in the bikes folder etc)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

MonJue

So i was doing what you both said all along, but it still wasnt working??

However i figured it out!!! So what i was doing wrong was placing the new .tga files I had made in a folder on my desktop and navigating to them through painted. What i discovered is if i just place the .tga files on my desktop and not in a folder then paited will open them and then it works!

I have a few changes to my skin to make then i shall upload to the forum.

One last question! whats the best way to attach a file to one of my post for people to download?... Id like to upload a zip as i have bike, leathers .pnt etc..

God im so happy i got this to work!!

Thanks for the support guys!

h106frp

Google drive,drop box or Mega links seem the easiest way.

MonJue

matty0l215

Mega is good as you get 50gb for free and they don't pester you to upgrade :)

Also you wouldn't need to pack them then. Just put them in the Mega client folder.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

MonJue