• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:54:15 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Replay buffer size helps prevent core.exe?

Started by MonJue, February 23, 2017, 03:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonJue

February 23, 2017, 03:48:35 PM Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 09:30:43 PM by MonJue
Hi All,

So im having core.exe crash more often than not...

When i first started using GP Bikes about a week ago i was falling off every corner and i never really had core.exe crash, but now I'm getting better it seems that if I execute say the final left turn of Victoria perfect and the bike is screaming down the straight the graphics i can see start to frame drop I touch the brakes and sure enough i get a core.exe crash... so it seems to happen when a lot is going on during game play.

So my question is how do i reduce core.exe from happening? I see people change the replay buffer size and it seems to help? how do i change the replay buffer size?

I'm riding offline, using suzuki gsx-rr and track victoria. happens on both beta10 and the new 11.

As always thank you!

doubledragoncc

One thing you need to do is NOT use TESTING. Use RIDE and then HOST LOCAL. Set up how you want it to be and add ALL bike classes so you can use all your bikes in it. Then just START and you should have far less core crashes.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 24, 2017, 12:19:30 PM
One thing you need to do is NOT use TESTING. Use RIDE and then HOST LOCAL. Set up how you want it to be and add ALL bike classes so you can use all your bikes in it. Then just START and you should have far less core crashes.
Really ? It's the 1st time I hear this ()at the same time I usually have few crashes myself). Has anyone else the same experience ?

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

MonJue

I look forward to finishing work and trying this out later tonight... will report back with my findings!
And yes i have only ever used testing!

Napalm Nick

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 24, 2017, 12:39:17 PM
Really ? It's the 1st time I hear this ()at the same time I usually have few crashes myself). Has anyone else the same experience ?

Yep we used to advise and do this a few times to get round the problem.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

DD

With the beta 11 never see a single core in testing and online with friends, just luck? ???

MonJue

February 24, 2017, 05:17:57 PM #7 Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 05:48:15 PM by MonJue

DD

Ok, so did what you said and sure enough, first half of the lap i get a core.exe... now im not too sure but i think it happens when i touch my back brake? Im at a loss :(

EDIT: Just restarted the sim and did 10 laps straight and no core.exe... seems to be very intermittent at the moment.. ill see how i go!

Does anyone know what a core.exe actually is and why it happens, or is that a silly question? Its just frustrating and can kinda ruin the whole game! Does anyone think it will be fixed during beta?

Thanks as always!

Napalm Nick

Quote from: MonJue on February 24, 2017, 05:17:57 PM

DD

Ok, so did what you said and sure enough, first half of the lap i get a core.exe... now im not too sure but i think it happens when i touch my back brake? Im at a loss :(

EDIT: Just restarted the sim and did 10 laps straight and no core.exe... seems to be very intermittent at the moment.. ill see how i go!

Does anyone know what a core.exe actually is and why it happens, or is that a silly question? Its just frustrating and can kinda ruin the whole game! Does anyone think it will be fixed during beta?

Thanks as always!

It is not a stupid question mate it is the source of much discussion and is the current driving force for PiBoSo to cure

But as you guessed if we knew what causes it we could fix it. Pib is all over this most annoying problem, the very heart of major frustration for a long time.

You seem to be getting more than most, try an over the top re-install to freshen things up. No-one really knows why but doing this has worked wonders for many.

If you want to research the history of the core.exe problem do a forum search so you can understand the depth of feeling on this matter  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

What is your system spec? Seeing a significant drop in fps solo at Victoria might suggest your machine is struggling with your current settings.

16AA and 3D grass are both frame rate killers without decent dedicated graphics hardware

MonJue

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 24, 2017, 06:16:43 PM
Quote from: MonJue on February 24, 2017, 05:17:57 PM

DD

Thanks as always!

It is not a stupid question mate it is the source of much discussion and is the current driving force for PiBoSo to cure

But as you guessed if we knew what causes it we could fix it. Pib is all over this most annoying problem, the very heart of major frustration for a long time.

You seem to be getting more than most, try an over the top re-install to freshen things up. No-one really knows why but doing this has worked wonders for many.

If you want to research the history of the core.exe problem do a forum search so you can understand the depth of feeling on this matter  ;)

Thank you.. i feel its not just me then.. yes this problem is a real downer... i will try a re install and see if that helps!

MonJue

Quote from: h106frp on February 24, 2017, 07:43:28 PM
What is your system spec? Seeing a significant drop in fps solo at Victoria might suggest your machine is struggling with your current settings.

16AA and 3D grass are both frame rate killers without decent dedicated graphics hardware

System should be fine.. im running i7 3.40ghz 16gb and a 1080 gtx.

Its something to do with the core.exe not system problem.. im oing to do a re install and see what happens!

Thanks mate.

h106frp

You should really be seeing the cap of 200 frames/sec pretty much constantly with that set up. Cannot remember exactly buts its either shift or ctl and 'f' to get the frame rate indicator to display. If its lower than maxxed out i would be suspicious of system config somewhere - possibly harware throttling? I have seen that reported recently.

Personally i have found that capping the frame rate at the monitor refresh rate stops a lot of visual frame glitches in game with these very fast video cards.

doubledragoncc

Its Ctrl and f but it is wired as the FPS counter flickers like F for some reason. I basically get 200 FPS but the counter jumps like a mofo so it is as if GPB has a serious issue in the code that even the FPS counter has problems?

I am on a KabyLake Pentium 3.6Ghz and GTX1050Ti 4GB but 8GB memory running at 3866Mhz and dont even get my fans running in GPB

I was using Imola for testing and all was fine, then all of a sudden GPB got a hair up its ass and crashed EVERY time I tried to get on Imola?

I normally do an OVER INSTALL to fix this kind of thing but it is so Fed up that GPB will just throw a pissy fit for no reason

I am sure that the great and powerful Mr P will sort it one day, BUT until then I might just have a nervous brakedown

DD

h106frp

The only thing i have noticed that seems to glitch the game badly is installing updated assets to the game without clearing the existing profiles. Updating a bike does seem to create a 'ghost' setup from the old profile with some very strange results  ;)