• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:25:41 PM

[NEW HELMET] Shoeï NXR

Started by Manu, November 29, 2016, 02:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MultiCOOLFRESH

So, I got GIMP and I have 2 questions, when I paint the helmet and I did not hit every white spot and I want to paint over it, it color sumes up and gets really dark. 2. question: How do I save the paint as a .tga? I can only save it as a .xcf... Please help again ;D
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

h106frp

March 07, 2017, 02:47:38 PM #31 Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 02:49:24 PM by h106frp
When you select a brush/bucket/spraygun you should see just below the tool icons the option to set how the brush behaves,

You can do the same with the eraser to make it only remove a small ammount of colour if you want.

If the tool options are not visible its Windows>Dockable dialogs>Tool options from the menu bar

When you got to file>export as> just add .tga to the filename (remove any existing .extension first)

You should get a dialogue 'Export image as tga'  the defaults are fine for GPB so just hit export

h106frp

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 07, 2017, 07:53:03 AM
Easy and reasonably powerful (and free): paint.net (nothing to do with MS paint).
GIMP is great but it's UI is ... hmmm ... weird.

The weirdness comes from its Linux/X windows heritage and we know you will never convert a Linux user to windows  ;)  ;D

MultiCOOLFRESH

Quote from: h106frp on March 07, 2017, 02:47:38 PM
When you select a brush/bucket/spraygun you should see just below the tool icons the option to set how the brush behaves,

You can do the same with the eraser to make it only remove a small ammount of colour if you want.

If the tool options are not visible its Windows>Dockable dialogs>Tool options from the menu bar

When you got to file>export as> just add .tga to the filename (remove any existing .extension first)

You should get a dialogue 'Export image as tga'  the defaults are fine for GPB so just hit export

Well, I just did what you said and it said something like "can not convert into .tga". BUT I KEEP ON TRYING; FOR THE SCIENCE :D
Heeeeeey Hoooooo <br /><br />

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on March 07, 2017, 02:52:21 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on March 07, 2017, 07:53:03 AM
Easy and reasonably powerful (and free): paint.net (nothing to do with MS paint).
GIMP is great but it's UI is ... hmmm ... weird.

The weirdness comes from its Linux/X windows heritage and we know you will never convert a Linux user to windows  ;)  ;D
I'm neutral to Linux. But all those floating panes, old-school theme, way too many options shown by default ... it's just not attractive for an intermediate user.
But then don't know, maybe recent versions have improved on these ...

h106frp

Weird, just tried with template and it exported straight out.

Check if Image>mode is RGB and not some odd colour profile