• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:28:24 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[Old] WSBK 2017 Tyres by IMT

Started by Italian Mod Team, February 27, 2017, 11:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Italian Mod Team

February 27, 2017, 11:35:09 AM Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 09:30:34 AM by Blackheart
Hi guys, I'm here to explain you how PIRELLI by ITM works:
Then, in general this is the rule -> low number more grip and high number few grip.....BUT.....low number more tyre's consumption and high number low tyre's consumption

FRONT TYRES:
Optimal temperature for front tyres: 90°C
Optimal pressure for front tyres: 2.35bar
SC1 - very good grip and good timelap
SC2 - good grip and few tenths of second slow

REAR TYRES:
Optimal temperature for rear tyres: 95°C
Optimal pressure for rear tyres: 1.80bar
SC0 - very good grip and good timelap but...I don't know if you can arrive to finish with that timelap
SC1 - good grip and good timelap but...if you ride good and you can preserve the tyre you can arrive to finish with tyre in good state
SC2 - less grip compared SC1 and timelap higher compared SC1 (few tenths of second)...but you arrive at finish with tyre in good state

SuperPole - this tyre garantees 100% grip BUT only for 1 lap (maybe 2 lap if the track is shortly)

You can recognize the tyres by the lines:
SC0 -> double white
SC1 -> one white and one blue
SC2 -> one white and one green

SuperPole -> 4 lines yellow

...as in picture  ;)

davidboda46

I have a tire question. Having a really hard time getting the temperature up in the rear tire (WSBK 2017 Ducati Panigale R with Beta10). Front generally between 85-95 (over a hundred on one side on certain tracks), but the rear is usually somewhere between 50-60. I think the warmest it ever got for me is 67, and I have tried different psi settings and suspension setups... If I understood it correctly, then the operating temperature should be around 90, right? So am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Blackheart

February 27, 2017, 05:54:22 PM #2 Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 05:56:27 PM by Blackheart
@Davidboda The new tires are out the 1/03 with the new update.

davidboda46

Quote from: Blackheart on February 27, 2017, 05:54:22 PM
@Davidboda The new tires are out the 1/03 with the new update.

Ok, thanks.

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Hawk

Wouldn't it be best to just keep things simple and call them qualy/soft/med/hard? Everyone understands that well.  :)

People, especially those new to GPBikes, don't want to have to take a degree in tyre codes to understand which tyre does what, etc. Surely? There is a case of taking these sort of things a little too far I my opinion. Wouldn't you guys agree?  :)

Hawk

Blackheart

Quote from: Hawk on February 28, 2017, 01:20:24 AM
Wouldn't it be best to just keep things simple and call them qualy/soft/med/hard? Everyone understands that well.  :)

People, especially those new to GPBikes, don't want to have to take a degree in tyre codes to understand which tyre does what, etc. Surely? There is a case of taking these sort of things a little too far I my opinion. Wouldn't you guys agree?  :)

Hawk

Very easy explanation for... Hawk lol

Low number (example SC0) more grip. High number (example SC2) less grip. Why you need open the tire files or put fake names? *facepalm*

Italian Mod Team

Hawk

Hawk, we're trying to stick as closely as possible to real WSBK and in WSBK they do not use soft/medium/hard tires but SC0/SC1/SC2
We remember, on beta6c, "GPBikes Italia" made this tyres choose on SBK, STK and SSP
This post is for whole people, newbie and older people in GPBikes

Hawk

Quote from: Italian Mod Team on February 28, 2017, 09:35:12 AM

Hawk

Hawk, we're trying to stick as closely as possible to real WSBK and in WSBK they do not use soft/medium/hard tires but SC0/SC1/SC2
We remember, on beta6c, "GPBikes Italia" made this tyres choose on SBK, STK and SSP
This post is for whole people, newbie and older people in GPBikes

That's fair enough and I do understand what your saying and where your coming from on this, but if you remember at the time, people also were confused about what each tyre code represented, and although you've been good enough to post a clear explanation about what each code represents for each compound, experience tells me that many riders won't bother to read or take it in and be always asking what code is what compound come race day.

Don't get me wrong, personally I like the realism, I'm just thinking about those who probably are not that well into these sort of things to even want to know that much detail; they just want to ride and race(and lets face it, those type of people are in the majority). Those type of riders are never going to read and remember this sort of detail. But a simple: Hard/Med/Soft/Qualy/S-Hard/Hard-S, etc, compound definition for all tyres just keeps things simple for everyone and not going too hardcore in detail for the few who like and want a hardcore naming convention. To me it's about compromising on parts of a sim that doesn't effect a sims performance to make it simpler for those who are not hardcore simmers.  :)

Put it this way: If Piboso had made GPBikes a 1st person view only sim(to keep it totally realistic), how many riders do you think would be playing GPBikes now? Not that many I suspect except for the real hardcore GPBike simmers.
This is what I'm trying to say, that naming tyre compounds with codes that don't mean a thing to most riders who don't have the knowledge(never mind you've explained it here, they won't take it in), is quite a pointless exercise in realism for the majority market of GPBike users.

As I say, don't get me wrong because I like the idea and the realism, I'm just voicing an opinion that I think the vast majority of GPBike users will agree with. Do a forum poll on it to see if riders want hardcore detailed tyre compound code names or prefer the simple easy to understand tyre compound naming convention and see the result.  I'm always open to being totally in error and off the track, so to speak. As I keep saying, it's just my thoughts on this subject, it's not meant as any kind of dictate. Lol!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Blackheart

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: Hawk on February 28, 2017, 01:09:13 PM
...just thinking about those who probably are not that well into these sort of things to even want to know that much detail; they just want to ride and race(and lets face it, those type of people are in the majority). Those type of riders are never going to read and remember this sort of detail.

Sounds like you're insulting them. Haha, I know you're not, I'm just kidding. The solution to this (if you really care about people who won't bother to learn simple things) is simple: Include a small text file with the bike releases labelled "PLEASE READ THIS FIRST". In said file you can post the info about the tyres.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Hawk

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on February 28, 2017, 03:48:21 PM
Quote from: Hawk on February 28, 2017, 01:09:13 PM
...just thinking about those who probably are not that well into these sort of things to even want to know that much detail; they just want to ride and race(and lets face it, those type of people are in the majority). Those type of riders are never going to read and remember this sort of detail.

Sounds like you're insulting them. Haha, I know you're not, I'm just kidding. The solution to this (if you really care about people who won't bother to learn simple things) is simple: Include a small text file with the bike releases labelled "PLEASE READ THIS FIRST". In said file you can post the info about the tyres.

But as we all know that doesn't work because most people don't read instructions, or at the most they skim through them quickly. Same when rules for championships are published, we all know very well that there is always at the very least one person who comes along and breaks the rules, then when they are penalised or a rule is applied they swear blind they didn't see the rule and the odd person even blows his top and has a right fit about it.

But as I keep saying, this is only my opinion, and like Blackheart has clearly stated with a simple and easy to understand answer, "NO".  So obviously not interested in looking at the broader picture, which is fair enough and to be quite honest was the answer I was expecting.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

tchemi

Is it not a default behaviour or a convention that tyres on the top of the dropdown are softer than the bottom ones ? Except for wet tyres that are specials ?

Italian Mod Team

PIRELLI's tires works as we described on first post

As well as explaining how the tires works...we cannot do
We think that it's good news in this context, learn you to train your minds and not just your fingers...for go fast

I disagree with Hawk because we think each team chooses the way he desires, then, we choose this tires type because we think that it's right and we also thought newbies so we created this post so as not to create confusion in their minds

Anyone can safely check this in the PIRELLI site

HornetMaX

+1 for true names.

But if you want to make everybody happy, use something like "SC0-Soft", "SC1-Med" etc.
Likely on tv they just don't show the technical name but the more friendly soft/med/hard etc.