• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:43:30 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

core.exe solution???

Started by MonJue, February 28, 2017, 10:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonJue

Quote from: Seajay 64 on March 08, 2017, 02:09:13 PM
Since the last testing of GP BIKES with and without Max Hud installed I have tested the following bikes with Max Hud installed on the following circuits to the total number of laps exceeding 750 during the last few days.

BIKES WITH NO CORE EXE PROBLEMS
                                                                       OFFLINE TESTING ONLY

GP500 MV Agusta triple, Kawasaki Ninja HR2 2015, Moto2 2015, Moto3 2013, Road Honda NR750, SKB 2015 Ducati Panagale R, SKB 2015 Honda CBR1000RR, SKB2015 KTM RC8, SKB 2015 Yamaha YZF R1M, STK1000 2014 BMW S1000RR, STK1000 2014 Ducati Panigale, STK 2014 HONDA CBR1000RR, WSBK 2017 MV Agusta F4, WSBK 2017 Panaigle R .

I tested on, Croft V .08 NDS, Silverstone Gp v0.95NDS,  Ulster GP v 0.6 NDS, only. The following bikes had no core exe crash's on my computer.

In all case's the choice of bike from each type of bike was random, that is to say sometimes the base machine and sometimes a named rider machine.
The track time of each bike was no less than 5 laps and no more than 10 laps in each of the following modes. Each bike was tested in two modes. The first being in default mode, the second in a change of set up from the set-up menu.
All of the above bikes did not have a core.exe problem on any of the tracks I tested on.

BIKES WITH CORE EXE PROBLEMS
                                                            OFFLINE TESTING ONLY

MotoGP 2015 Aprilia RS GP15, M, MotoGP 2015 Art GP14, MotoGP 2015 Ducati GP15, MotoGP 2015 Forward Yamaha, MotoGP 2015, Honda RC213V, MotoGP 2015 Honda 213v-RS, MotoGP 2015 Susuki GSX RR, MotoGP 2015 Yamaha YZM-M1.

Without exception non of the above bikes had a core exe crash while running in default mode, however as soon as I changed the brake set-up from the standard default of 18 to 20 front, and the rear from 13 to 11, the core exe's kicked strait back in at the first use of front and rear braking while changing down through the gears.  Most of the time was within 20 sec's or so from the off.
So I then began a new test changing all the other set-up parameters apart from the brakes, and again found that not one bike had a core exe.
Next step was to change only the front brake setting from 18 to 20. With this setting NO CORE EXE 
So then on to changing rear brake from 13 to 11, Oh YES CORE EXE
To finish testing I then reverted to the default mode and tried again and strangely enough I got the first core exe in the default mode, after more than 700 laps. I then decided to delete the bike (Ducati GP 2015)  from GP BIKES, clean the registry, reboot the system and then reinstall the bike. I started to re test the Ducati again in default mode and the results were no CORE EXE's  until rear brake was changed from 13 to 11.

While I cant comment on other peoples core exe problems I believe I have found one major problem that for me anyway that is the cause of any core exe crash that I get.

I hope that these finding may help someone out there with more computer knowledge than I have to rectify the core exe problem.

Again I will continue to test when I have the time but for sure it won't be 750 laps!!! My brain nearly went nuts.

Seajay 64

Good effort on your research! +1

doubledragoncc

One point about where you guys are saying about core crashes with rear brake is I NEVER have had one core from a controller input. As I use the Hs2 system it is different from a gamepad and I know gamepads have some issues in Windows and think it is not so much just the rear brake that is a problem but that it is linked with using a gamepad?

This is just a theory but one to keep in mind.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

davidboda46

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 10, 2017, 12:25:52 AM
One point about where you guys are saying about core crashes with rear brake is I NEVER have had one core from a controller input. As I use the Hs2 system it is different from a gamepad and I know gamepads have some issues in Windows and think it is not so much just the rear brake that is a problem but that it is linked with using a gamepad?

This is just a theory but one to keep in mind.

DD

I've had core.exe using my one of my Logitech G27 pedals as rear brake, but as I said previously, have not had that problem for a very long time.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Seajay 64

@DD
Just for the record I use a Logitec Attack3 Joypad, not a gamepad.

Seajay 64

doubledragoncc

Joypad is using same tech as gamepads I think and that is my point

I use raw outputs via the Bodnar boards

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

@DD: I think Leo's board is seen by windows exactly as a "joypad" (a HID device with windows' common drivers).
There's little chance the input device joypad vs Hs2 makes any difference for the problem.

Didn't PiBoSo say that problem could come from bad values in the bikes' brake thermal parameters ?

doubledragoncc

True Max, the difference is Leo uses far higher quality components and has spent more time on chip programing to make communication from chip to windows better if that is saying it right lol

Its to do with HOW the HID unit communicates and the amount of programming that make it more compatible with other software

I am in a bar usin internet as I blew my router up!!! So stressed and not thinking right lol

I am being a gamepad, when I get my new router I will be an Hs2 lol

DD

Seajay 64

@DD
I cant comment about types of gamepad/ joystick that should be used. I just know what i have got.

But for me the point is that I have found that core exe happens when changing from 13 to 11 on those mentioned bikes.
The other bikes dont give me a core exe problem when changing the rear brake set up.
I do not know why this is, but if I leave the rear brake seletion alone, it all works for me, NO CORE EXE.
I hope that someone else could try to see if they have the same problems with the bikes that I have the problems with.
Whatever the problem is that causes the core exe for me it is not, Sand on the verges of track, the white paint in the middle of the road or trying GP BIKEs in the self server mode. I repeat i only get core exe when changing the rear brake setting from 13 to 11.

Thank you
Seajay 64

HornetMaX

@SeeJay: I'd advise to post in the Bug Reports section with clear instructions on how to reproduce.
if I understood you correctly, that would be: start GPB, pick MotoGP 2015 Aprilia RS GP15, go to garage, change rear brake to 11, go to track, use rear brake --> crash.

Seajay 64

@HornetMax

Okay but not until Monday as i have no time now
Thank you
Seajay 64

MonJue

well my rear brake core exe happens without changing any brake settings. i simply goto test or race after choosing bike, start riding... touch rear brake and core exe. Its very black and white for me unfortunately. I do recall PiBoSo saying something about brake temperature reading could cause this in beta 11, however i had the same problem in beta 10 too... exactly the same.