• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

pnt file with EVERY model !!!

Started by doubledragoncc, March 01, 2017, 11:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Hi guys

Firstly @PIBOSO
Can you please release a pnt file for the new LEGENDS rider as we have to use the same suit paint at the momentand can you please do this with any new models for bikes, helmet or rider you make in the future.

I know it adds a bit of work to anyone making a model, but I dont understand why you cant just supply a basic white pnt file we can then use to edit and make more paints as it not only looks far better but it helps identify who is who and makes videos look far better for potential customers and members for GPB.

This goes to ALL MODDERS too. MANY bikes are having to be ridden using only one paint and it is not good for setting up championships and general online racing/riding

PLEASE add just ONE pnt file on a new odel release to allow us to make private and other paints and make GPB more personal and enjoyable.

THANKS to ALL for the very hard work you do and the amazing models/apps etc you all produce

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

I will say that Any BikeMOD bike will not come with Paints due to size (I could nearly double the size of the pack if i did)

I do ask for a template which are added to the Template folder in the Paint Database but they are few and far between...
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Blackheart

March 01, 2017, 07:25:39 PM #2 Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 07:31:05 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: matty0l215 on March 01, 2017, 07:00:54 PM
I will say that Any BikeMOD bike will not come with Paints due to size (I could nearly double the size of the pack if i did)

I do ask for a template which are added to the Template folder in the Paint Database but they are few and far between...

Sorry but its a bad thing for the mod replica set as MotoGP and WSBK. (it is just 1 livery extra for bike)  :P

doubledragoncc

Seriously, because of that point we can not have a SINGLE pnt file which only need be 4MB in size makes it THAT much of a problem???

It sounds rather defeitest with file sizes as they are.

4MBx60= 240MB extra for 60 bikes which is actually if that was for ALL the bikes we have. How many really download the whole pack twice a month???

Templates take too long and many bike still dont have any. A 4MB pnt file to the size of a bike is nothing!!!!

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

March 01, 2017, 08:57:12 PM #4 Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 09:02:56 PM by matty0l215
60 at the moment

+ 6 when the rest of the moto 2 bikes are done

+6 when wss 600 are released

+4/5 once the rest of the wsbk bikes are done

+6/7 when the sbk bikes (by caws) are done

And any other bikes that appear in the mean time

A smidgen over 4GB for the pack currently probably more like 6-7gb once foreseen bikes are released with possibly another Gb if we add templates

Which could be avoided if Modders release a template for the bike! Just the .tga files for the bike in a folder and I can upload it as the template for the bike. No need to have it packed as a .pnt, to then be unpacked, re worked etc.

On MEGA you have a limit on the data transfer in a month (not quite sure what it is but last month I hit it) With the Paint database, this will very soon become a big problem and somethings got to change (I am working on something but it's way off)

So for now, No paints in with bikes.

End of.

doubledragoncc

I know you do a lot matty but that one person makes the decition for the whole comunity is not quite fair.

I can help with databases too if need be as it would take pressure off you

If I got the bike model plus pnt or tga files I could extract them, send you the file without any paints but have iles for others to use. or I just get a pnt file from the modders?

Either way, if we can just get ONE pnt per model and I make a database it might help or not?

DD

Blackheart

A info that can help, in the next release of the wsbk set the files size will be a little more small (i  hope about -80mb for any bikes)

doubledragoncc

I will not be making races where there is only one bloody paint for a bike for 20 people!!!

I NEED to have at least one pnt file per bike to make paint sets with numbers so it does not look and feel like shit when online with 20 guys on the same paint and number!!!!

Is it really that much to ask to make GPB online better for all?

DD

matty0l215

This is why i want the template files NOT a .pnt

It can go in the template folder that way they are all in one place and easy to find.

It is not hard for the modders to make the a template file available for the bikes (If they aren't then they are lazy, simple as. I know how easy it is to get a template out of a model) or they have a reason (the WSBK bikes by Manu don't because they are for the official bikes only, no customs) even if the UV is complicated it doesn't matter. A template with the mesh is much better than having to work out how something works on a bike by guess work using the files from a .pnt

Having smaller Bike folder will help massively but I am keeping the no paints rule. We have an alternative which will work if used correctly (Template folder) Otherwise whats the point in the Paint database, I might as well just incorporate all the paints in the BikeMOD.

doubledragoncc

Fully understand matty

For me though, and I will probably have to be doing the paints as most dont bother I cant use PS as I am shit and only do tga in Corel paint.

So for a dumbass like me to do paints I need tga, but not just the livery as some bikes have wheel colour etc so a pnt is better for me.

I am really asking the modders if they could send me one pnt file per bikeor woteva model.

DD

Italian Mod Team

We not want paints for the wsbk 2017 mod (maybe Matty speak about us and not Manu?!) We want just real stuff, for ("""soon""") a real championship with also real suits and helmets, so we will not release templates for these bikes. Its our choice, I know may or may not like.  ;)

matty0l215

Quote from: Italian Mod Team on March 01, 2017, 09:47:55 PM
We not want paints for the wsbk 2017 mod (maybe Matty speak about us and not Manu?!) We want just real stuff, for ("""soon""") a real championship with also real suits and helmets, so we will not release templates for these bikes. Its our choice, I know may or may not like.  ;)

This is absolutely fine by me. The teams bike, so their decision. I just distribute the bikes.

(I was referring to this post- http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=4102.0 I was not sure who is still working on the bikes and as Manu posted originally, i assumed they are his :P)

doubledragoncc

Problem with that is that people cant use thier own number and for comentating a live race it is very hard if I have to learn numbers for each race or there are 10 number 1's FFS!!!

If I am not able to put riders numbers on the bikes for a whole championship I just wont use those bikes then as it make my life a frickng nightmare to organize EVERYTHING!!!!

Works both ways!!!

DD

h106frp

Modifying an existing paint always looks bad, you need to work from a template for decent results especially if you make extensive modifications.

Blackheart

Quote from: h106frp on March 01, 2017, 09:58:04 PM
Modifying an existing paint always looks bad, you need to work from a template for decent results especially if you make extensive modifications.

+1 u cant make a good job without uv and the occlusion layer.