• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

pnt file with EVERY model !!!

Started by doubledragoncc, March 01, 2017, 11:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 02, 2017, 12:00:22 AM
Quote from: Hawk on March 01, 2017, 10:42:51 PM
Totally agree with you mate.... We do absolutely need a paint-kit for each bikeMOD, and any MOD Team that refuses to release one, then just don't use their bikes, simple as.   ;)
But what Matty is saying (if I got him right) is that he will not add multiple paints to the bikemod folder/zip of a bike.
But you can still fetch the paints from the paints database.

Recently I have helped MXB guys to setup their FTP server for all their mods (bikes, bike paints, tyres, tracks, rider suits, rider gear, ...).
It's much better organized than our stuff and with SyncBack you're one click away from syncing everything in one shot.

Main difference: 1 bike = 1.pkz file, 1 track = 1.pkz file ==> much less files to sync
Multiple SyncBack profiles (to sync all, or just bikes or just tracks etc).

Way easier to maintain for the chap in charge of this.
Actually they went for weekly updates (each wed).

Not talking about that Max. Talking about MOD Teams who refuse to supply a Paint Kit to their bike/s because they don't want people to change the paint. Read further back in the conversation and you will see what I was replying to. ;)

Matty is correct in that you cannot keep putting paint files into the BikeMOD paint folder for release as the file gets too big for download; much better(like Matty said) to let riders download paints they like/want from the paint database as and when they want to.  :)
In my opinion, many paint files are way too large anyway.... No need for such big paint files.  ::)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on March 02, 2017, 12:24:07 AM
In my opinion, many paint files are way too large anyway.... No need for such big paint files.  ::)
You haven't seen MXB bikes and paint files ... 200+MB single bike, 20-40MB single paint file ... :)

doubledragoncc

What has this to do with pnt files?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

... wrote the same thing in "bikemod" (its  a CAWS database) No more useless discussions for me.

TFC

+1 for SyncBack, works very well. Will be even better when the next update comes out to allow us to have infinite paints available from the bike select screen..

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on March 02, 2017, 09:53:27 AM
... wrote the same thing in "bikemod" (its  a CAWS database) No more useless discussions for me.

Are you serious!? A "CAWS" Database? Don't be SO ridiculous mate!   ::)

The bikeMOD Database has always been a GPB Community database created to keep things organised and running smoothly for online server connections.... And what your trying to do by creating your own bike database and keeping you own team bikes separate from that is create chaos for online ease of server connections. ARE YOU MAD?!  :o

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

It is not a CAWS database.

It is a database set up and run for everyone by a volunteer (who also happens to be a CAWS member) the same as it's been done by two previous volunteers for years.

Just to get some twisted facts straight.
Edit: beat me..... +1 Hawk
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

2 CAWS answers ... c'mon its ridiculous,   ;D

You have advanced childish criticism to our mods even in the threads on the tires written by another team member. Your tactic to use only "your" bike, it's just stupid. Now u want templates for use other mods and no more paints in bikemod.

The people is free to use what mods want, soon up IMT servers and IMT Database.

Good day.

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on March 02, 2017, 10:39:40 AM

You have advanced childish criticism to our mods even in the threads on the tires written by another team member. Your tactic to use only "your" bike, it's just stupid. Now u want templates for use other mods and no more paints in bikemod.

Good day.

Blackheart, were you get your impressions from defeats me totally. Who in CAWS is trying, or ever has tried, to suggest for the community to use CAWS bikes only? I've never seen a post that reflects that attitude(please point to any CAWS post that reflects this attitude)....... Seems your living in a fantasy world my friend.   :o

In fact the CAWS MOD Team has gone out of their way to actively help other GPB MOD Teams solve problems and issues they have had(which is the way it should be), so where you get your delusions from is just simply mind-boggling to us!  :o :o

Interesting to note whether this is an Italian MOD Team decision(to try and stop IMT bikes being part of the GPB Community BikeMOD Database), or yours alone Blackheart? Do you have a Italian Team agreement on that decision?

As far as myself saying not to use your bikes(or anyones bikes for that matter) if they don't provide a bike paint kit is concerned, that was aimed at event organisers like DD who need bike paint kits to individualise each rider so they can identify riders for good commentary on the live stream of those events...... It certainly wasn't a dictate for riders in general to boycott using your bikes...... And if I'm not allowed to voice my personal opinion(which I indicated it was many times during my posts) without your team taking it as a CAWS MOD Team attitude then there is something quite wrong with you there mate...... To be honest, if I was head of the IMT I'd kick you out of the Team for bringing the Team down to such a low level.  ::)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

I just wanted to point out to PIBOSO we have NO pnt for the new LEGENDS rider and need one so we can make new paints to start with

Then, I was simply asking modders if they could release bikes with at least one pnt file so I could add numbers for personal use in championships.

As it may be a problem for matty I then asked if I could please get sent a pnt for every model as I need to be able to put personal numbers on the bikes for points as Hawk also said and save matty space

I said I would not hold races where there were 10 riders all using the same paint and number as it is fucking stupid

I said nothing about any mod team in particular, just that I wont run races without personal numbers and NO "Base" paints or bike,suit and helmet to keep it personal for all

Now play nice or daddy will send you to bed without playing GPB!!!!
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Warlock

Quote from: Blackheart on March 02, 2017, 10:39:40 AM

Good day.

Man,.........  well.....i better shut up.  :-X

Blackheart

March 02, 2017, 02:24:35 PM #41 Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 02:27:07 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 02, 2017, 01:29:08 PM
just that I wont run races without personal numbers and NO "Base" paints or bike,suit and helmet to keep it personal for all

Again WHO forces you to use these mods?  :o There are many bikes, and just 1 or 2 set without liveries, u can put on your servers other bikes. We have our servers online so i dont see problems.  :P

If not found funny ride some bikes not use them!

I see online a your server:

GPBOC RACE SERVER    +       0 / 20    A1 Ring v2.2_NDS *    WSBK 2017

But if u dont like our policy, remove it! No problem, but pls stop with this.

HornetMaX

Personally I don't mind one way or the other, whatever.

I think the modder has the right to decide what it gives and what it does not give (but not the right to ask for the bike to be removed from the bikemod, that doesn't make sense, the bike is out in the wild, anybody can download it, so it can go on the bikemod). Just my opinion.

But just to (try to) understand: what's the rationale behind the decision to not provide a paint template for this or that bike ? What's the reason ?

tchemi

If think Max talked about a way to customise only the plate number.
amarite ???   If so, it could be very easy for modders to choose if they want to add the template or just let the users customize the plate number with the number set in their GPB profile.

Blackheart

I can ask the remotion, because we can put in the pack (im the 3d/2d designer of the IMT with a new entry for suit and helmet) all stuff that we want, if matty in the caws database not want this stuff, its the only solution possible.

Why there arent a Templates? Because we working on the bikes! If we want change some part of the 3d or all the model with news, before the final pack, why i need make useless work for an old version? And if we prefer just use real liveries what is the problem? God, before the tires names now this... amazing.

We have released the bikes to get feedback not this shit useless.

Have you ever heard us talk about the CAWS mods?