• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:46:10 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta11b

Started by PiBoSo, March 01, 2017, 11:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

Quote from: JamoZ on March 03, 2017, 04:46:46 PM
Other then voicing my strong opinion about the state of the game from time to time i have never intentionally pissed people off, let alone insulting other forum members  ::)
If people can`t handle a bit of fooling around, the internet is a scary place to be ;)

Intentional or not, you are the master :P ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

JamoZ

I'll take that as a compliment   ::)

doubledragoncc

Houston we have a problem

Did find out that if you use the Legend rider and come off, I was standin in the middle of the track not on my ass, AND I hit 3rd person by mistake AND oh shit, its the GPB rider in MXB BUG the rider is facing backwards!!!

Will upload a pic later

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

janaucarre

I posted picture earlier

doubledragoncc

Missed that thanks J

It ssems to be exactly like when I used the GPB rider in MXB if that helps solve the issue Mr P

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

Hi guys and Mr P

So............. after the race lastnight I need to report what was going on.

First off, the time to join the server was like, foreva, well up to 2 mins!!! As I was joining I noticed my network went loopy and went from 900kbs to 4+Mbs on the upload !!!

At times I saw over 20Mbs being used!!!

I think this is just rediculous and probably why there were cores for everyone. I had 3 cores just sitting in the pits watching the live replay and a final one at the end of the race thenabout ten mins later the server cored!!!

Server replay was 954MB for practice, qually and the race, all the same size and could not watch it in my GPBikes no matter what size buffer I tried!!!! So the replay was usless

As can be seen from my live stream, the server seemed smooth and I did not see bikes jumping about.

I noticed in chat that as someone joined the server their ping would hit over 5000 and then take time to back down to 30 to 60 depending where they were and internet connection they had.

I am running the Race Server on a brand new KabyLake system and she flys with no problems with ANY software I throw at it. I have an ASUS Maximus IX Code and it has VERY fast and highest quality Ethernet and Wifi that it allows me to use at the same time to increase bandwidth into and out of the system I only have 8GB DDR4 at the momnets but it runs 3866Mhz and The CPU is 3.6Ghz and never even gets hot running all the software for lastnights race.

I generally never get cores offline and in beta10 had far less online.

I dont understand the high bandwidth hat is required by GPB right now, I thought my router was gonna blowup lol

Hope this helps Pib

DD

Hawk

+1 DD
I second that DD. In fact when connecting to the CAWS server for our test event last night my initial ping on connecting was 33000 + before it settled down to 45 ping when actually connected to the track itself.  :o

Hawk.

poumpouny

I didn't even manage to connect to any server on sunday, core every time, i try reinstalling, re-reinstalling and delete all bike, skin etc mod. but nothing to do, cannot join any server ! i've create new thread in bug report section !

On beta 11 i race 1 entire week end from 2PM to 22PM saturday and sunday and never get only one core !

dibu

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 06, 2017, 12:05:28 PM
First off, the time to join the server was like, foreva, well up to 2 mins!!! As I was joining I noticed my network went loopy and went from 900kbs to 4+Mbs on the upload !!!

At times I saw over 20Mbs being used!!!

I can confirm what DD and Hawk observed. While testing WRS netcode on Saturday with only 3(+2) players, I also observerd 4Gb/s+ spikes (about 30 seconds) at the router.

Now I just reviewed the video of the server and the router which I made while we were testing. From what I saw, it happens if a player gets a core.exe and tries to reconnect. A normal disconnect and reconnect works without very high upload bandwidth. Also a normal first connect.

Btw I saw the spikes also in beta11, so not new to beta11b.

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 06, 2017, 12:05:28 PM
I noticed in chat that as someone joined the server their ping would hit over 5000 and then take time to back down to 30 to 60 depending where they were and internet connection they had.
Quote from: Hawk on March 06, 2017, 03:01:27 PM
I second that DD. In fact when connecting to the CAWS server for our test event last night my initial ping on connecting was 33000 + before it settled down to 45 ping when actually connected to the track itself.  :o

I also saw in the chat window that it takes very long until the high ping times reach their normal values. 

Blackheart

It is possible fix the antialiasing option in game??? From the last beta is impossible change this in game. Very boring.

Hawk

March 08, 2017, 02:40:52 PM #55 Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 02:42:24 PM by Hawk
Quote from: Blackheart on March 08, 2017, 07:15:10 AM
It is possible fix the antialiasing option in game??? From the last beta is impossible change this in game. Very boring.

Strange..... When I installed beta 11b I could change the anti-aliasing option in the settings okay; I always bang my up to 16X.... Have you tried re-installing from totally fresh?

Hawk.
PS: You haven't got something set in your graphics card management app that is stopping you adjusting it, have you?

HornetMaX

AA seems to change fine for me, but I noticed that sometimes the refresh rate setting seems to be lost: I put it at 120Hz and later on I find it back at "default". Weird ...

tchemi

I had this, couldn't change it once having rode. But if you do it just after launching the game it's ok.

passerBy

April 04, 2017, 05:07:09 PM #58 Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 10:03:49 PM by passerBy
It's been a while...
Hello, Piboso :) I mostly left the forum for several years due to different reasons, but I feel like it's a good time to finally come back.

First of all, thank you really, REALLY a lot for the improvements you did on the sim. Two things in particular: directsteer=2 and that I'm no longer getting the notorious core.exe crash.

This version of GP Bikes has finally become what I would call usable with direct steering. It's still easy to drop the bike in situations like being leaned over to a side and especially while going through a tight bend up a slope, but nonetheless, the progress is massive. I have finally started to enjoy it a lot.

However, you seem to be reluctant to make further improvements to this unique mode. That is a pity. I think DST is what sets GP Bikes apart from any other sim. It deserves at least a couple of separate lines in the config UI. I'm sure not many even realize what kind of gem is buried in the profile.ini.

I noticed that the headtracking only uses three rotational degrees of  freedom. While it adds a lot to the whole experience, including at least two of the missing translational DOF might offload other controls and make for a more natural riding experience. Why not have an option to use lateral and longitudinal translation affect the rider lean?

Edit: forgot to add, good job on the recent WRS as well. It was hardly a sim I would fire up remotely any often at all, but now that Caterham-alike is loads of fun :) If only there were more high quality tracks... Same goes to GPB.

Become dust

Quote from: passerBy on April 04, 2017, 05:07:09 PM
It's been a while...
Hello, Piboso :) I mostly left the forum for several years due to different reasons, but I feel like it's a good time to finally come back.

First of all, thank you really, REALLY a lot for the improvements you did on the sim. Two things in particular: directsteer=2 and that I'm no longer getting the notorious core.exe crash.

This version of GP Bikes has finally become what I would call usable with direct steering. It's still easy to drop the bike in situations like being leaned over to a side and especially while going through a tight bend up a slope, but nonetheless, the progress is massive. I have finally started to enjoy it a lot.

However, you seem to be reluctant to make further improvements to this unique mode. That is a pity. I think DST is what sets GP Bikes apart from any other sim. It deserves at least a couple of separate lines in the config UI. I'm sure not many even realize what kind of gem is buried in the profile.ini.

I noticed that the headtracking only uses three rotational degrees of  freedom. While it adds a lot to the whole experience, including at least two of the missing translational DOF might offload other controls and make for a more natural riding experience. Why not have an option to use lateral and longitudinal translation affect the rider lean?

Edit: forgot to add, good job on the recent WRS as well. It was hardly a sim I would fire up remotely any often at all, but now that Caterham-alike is loads of fun :) If only there were more high quality tracks... Same goes to GPB.

in consideration of being a newcomer, I would like to take the chance to say hello to you as well Piboso,

hai! love your game/simulator!