• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta11b

Started by PiBoSo, March 01, 2017, 11:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

Good to see new faces.

Welcome to the forum and i hope to see you on track soon :D

Matty
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

passerBy

Quote from: Become dust on April 10, 2017, 01:23:52 AM
in consideration of being a newcomer, I would like to take the chance to say hello to you as well Piboso,
Hello and welcome :) Even though I might not be the best person to welcome anybody, getting back after quite a considerable amount of time myself :)

CapeDoctor

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 02, 2017, 12:02:27 AM
Am I right in assuming the suit paint path is now:

GP Bikes/gpbikes/Rider/Riders/Modern/paints
or
GP Bikes/gpbikes/Rider/Riders/legends/paints

depending on the suit you design?

helmets are still in normal place
GP Bikes/gpbikes/Rider/helmets/<helmet type>/paints

Seems to work ok like this. Is it how you envisage the structure?

Thanks for the B11b already  :)

Edit: Really love that the rider and style is saved per bike especially now we have classic(s)  8)

apolgies for being a bit late to the party on this one, but i've been away for a while, and am so far unable to get any suits to show up at all. Is this above-mentioned folder structure correct?
if it is, then mine isn't working.
any hints as to how to get suits to show up at all?
most likely old news already, but also need to mention that the Legends suit selection is essentially useless, as selecting anything other than Modern rider/Modern style gives me a rider facing backwards without any arms!
good luck with that, oh armless dude... :D
these niggles aside, i must mention that the physics is hugely improved in this release.
if there is one thing that still happens to me quite often (which is close on IMPOSSIBLE to do in real life) is when i do a very fast switch in rider and bike direction, from one side to the other. sometimes it works beautifully, but all too often, the 'flop' part of the 'flip flop' move results in the rear wheel becoming weightless, and then just going away completely, as if it wasn't there anymore.
i have shown this exact thing in an older post, but it's still the one thing in the physics that suspends all belief immediately.
if that strange problem could be eliminated, i think this bike physics is just supremely awesome!   8)

Napalm Nick

Hello again Cape of No Hope,  :D

If you had kept reading you would see Pib confirms it and adds more info.

Rider backwards discussed in the B11 feedback. Imo it is a good idea to check the rider in testing mode then restart the game and test again before joining a server (or the server will latch you as backwards and you cannot clear it until the server is reset).

Do you use high level Direct Lean? If so back off a bit you might be trying to change direction faster than the physics can handle and faster than is realistic? Don't hear much talk on this as a problem tbh.

BTW there is at least one more SA here now if you still have ping issues with Europe. :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

CapeDoctor

Cheers Nick  ;D

i figured out where i went wrong with the folders, that's sorted.

as for Direct Lean, mine's set on 15%, so not too high, i think.
it happens about every 3rd or 4th time i seemingly go through the corners the same each time. there may be something to me turning too fast, but those sort of turns are one of my biggest thrills in racing, and it's just physics-defying what the bike does on those occasions.
i would think, if it was me trying to do it too fast, then the physics should simply not acknowledge my weight-shift at best, but it shouldn't make the bike do a cartwheel in the direction of the turn.
i'll keep testing this, could be just being too much of a maniac.... :P

i'm sure my ping will be better, can't wait to do some racing crashing online.  ;D

Napalm Nick

Thinking more on this I have to back off the throttle more mid flip flop than I had to do in previous Betas too. So maybe I just learnt a style around the issue   ???
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

CapeDoctor

still testing it. meanwhile, i have stumbled upon another little issue i need clarity on. noticed my replays were too short, and i added the extra info into gpbikes.ini flie, as follows:

[core]
replay = 512

this is the method i've used on all previous versions, no issues. however, with this version, soon as i added that, i find that when i go to Testing, during the 'Syncing.../loading screen, the game hangs on that screen.
so, i can't use replays really...... :( .. anything changed that i don't know about in this regard?

Napalm Nick

Yes mate the default setting is now in Megabytes so if you put 512 (like you show) then that is 512Mb (which we have been told is the maximum) - before we used to enter it in Bytes and Gibibytes, however....

The bigger the buffer the more RAM will be used (probably only 2Gb Max - 32 bit app  ::)) and we have found that some tracks that use a lot of memory will fail to load if the replay memory is too high - try 256, 128 etc 10 Mb is the default.

We don't know why the replay size has been limited though. Maybe as part of the Core.exe investigations. Unconfirmed.

Hope that helps.

CapeDoctor

that sure does help to clear up my confusion. set it to 128, and now it's loading okay.
cheers mate!  8)

CapeDoctor

hi all
thought i'd chip in with some feedback on beta 11b changes since the earlier versions.
in this case, i'm thinking about the new 'rider reset' option, which while much more realistic - you pick the bike up wherever it crashed, and get it back on track yourself - also conjures up another set of issues for the sim (the stuff that one doesn't have to deal with in reality) such as the bike getting stuck in a bad spot, so resetting does nothing, and you have to go back to pits and start over (particularly frustrating on long road tracks, which also tend to be the ones that send crashed bikes spinning off into virtual freefall.
at these times the new rider reset is useless.
i see we're also back to having riderless bikes carrying on forever and a day given the right set of opportunities, and nothing one can but watch the riderless bike careening from one fence to the next, waiting for it to come to a stop.
really - how hard can it be to implement a 'reset if bike has no rider' feature...?
that's the only thing currently really irking me, besides the issue of bikes flipping over completely when changing direction fast - still struggling to see why that seems to happen every so often, while i'm seemingly giving the same inputs.
3 times though a fast direction change corner, no problem, the 4th time the bike just flips over on the roll axis....
seems less prevalent on some bikes, though, so it could be a bike thing.
the stock 125 is one that it happens to a lot, the varese also every now and again.
minor gripes aside, this is probably the best version of GPB i've tried to date. ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: CapeDoctor on May 12, 2017, 08:48:53 AM
hi all
thought i'd chip in with some feedback on beta 11b changes since the earlier versions.
in this case, i'm thinking about the new 'rider reset' option, which while much more realistic - you pick the bike up wherever it crashed, and get it back on track yourself - also conjures up another set of issues for the sim (the stuff that one doesn't have to deal with in reality) such as the bike getting stuck in a bad spot, so resetting does nothing, and you have to go back to pits and start over
You don't. Just press and hold the reset button for a few seconds and you will respawn the old way (i.e. on track, where the crash started and if the track is free of incoming riders).

Quote from: CapeDoctor on May 12, 2017, 08:48:53 AM
i see we're also back to having riderless bikes carrying on forever and a day given the right set of opportunities, and nothing one can but watch the riderless bike careening from one fence to the next, waiting for it to come to a stop.
Same as above, below a certain speed you're allowed to press&hold to respawn the old way.
But I'm still convinced that the bike is way too stable when riderless and hitting obstacles.

CapeDoctor

thanks for the info, Max - guess i missed those notes somewhere.
i agree, sometimes the riderless bike seems more stable than when it has a rider, lol.
will be testing out the new reset options later today, cheers! :D

passerBy

Although this doesn't work in all the cases, but when you are pressing the reset button long enough (5 to 10 seconds, I guess?), it should bring you right back on (a side of) the track facing the proper direction. While the bike is busy being airborne falling off an edge of the map, that most likely won't help you, but in the riderless bike situations it most likely should 100% of the time (and falling off map is not that common, really).

What bothers me more, however, is how slow the rider is at moving the bike after picking it up. If only there was the possibility to get off the bike and move it around by the handlebars...

@Max, you beat me to it :)

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 12, 2017, 09:17:45 AM
But I'm still convinced that the bike is way too stable when riderless and hitting obstacles.
Same here. Even though riderless bikes indeed seem to be surprisingly stable in RL too, but there should be limits to that.

Nicotine

When the next Beta will Release?
GP-Bikes Indonesia

CapeDoctor

i can safely respond in advance with this: it will be released when it's ready.  :)