• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta11b

Started by PiBoSo, March 01, 2017, 11:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Had exactly the same with the rider and first run of 11b.

No rider in showroom on first start
Rider reversed in game on first start

Restart game and all is back to normal.

Currently suffering game crashes with wet weather selected.

Urban Chaos 2.0

March 02, 2017, 09:27:29 PM #31 Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 09:29:00 PM by Urban Chaos 2.0
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 02, 2017, 08:15:31 PM
Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on March 02, 2017, 06:59:25 PM
beta11b has once again delivered a very big improvement in the under-steer issue.

Seems like placebo effect at its best. Nothing has been changed in the physics :-\

If you ask me, GP Bikes has decided to gift me with something I asked for. Haha, I seriously doubt it's placebo in my case. GP Bikes does strange things on peoples' computers. I used to have weird problems with the bike, rider, or track files disappearing and being corrupted in beta10. A very unique problem which I would have to solve every now and again by replacing the core.exe file, and all the small files in the "gpbikes" folder. beta 11 has no such problem. Now, janaucarre has an issue with the rider facing backwards and shit. I have no such problem, and I'm sure most folks here don't either.

Edit: I see janaucarre's issue has resolved itself.

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 02, 2017, 08:35:53 PM
Quote from: vini97 on March 02, 2017, 08:34:15 PM
replay buffer problem is still there for me.

What's the buffer's size?
Does GPB crash with any track, or specific tracks?
For me the problem is still there on Fuji: replay buffer at 512 ==> immediate crash (on "Syncing" screen before even reaching the track); replay buffer at 128 ==> works fine.
Victoria (and many others) at replay buffer = 512 ==> no issue.

Other weird thing on Fuji: if I set my res to 3840x2160 then some textures seems not to be loaded (sand trap at 1st turn is all black).
Setting it back to 1920x1080 makes the correct texture appear.

I'm running Win7 64 + 16GB + GTX970.
GPb tweaks: bike_shadow = 2048, bike_reflections = 512, texture_quality = 1.

PiBoSo

This setting:

texture_quality = 1

is not recommended, because textures use 8 times the video ram. For example, a 8192x8192 texture uses 256MB.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Napalm Nick

Quote from: h106frp on March 02, 2017, 08:44:59 PM
Had exactly the same with the rider and first run of 11b.

No rider in showroom on first start
Rider reversed in game on first start

Restart game and all is back to normal.

For me I notice: This problem seems to happen when changing bike using Legends rider. Doesn't happen when changing bike with Modern rider
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 02, 2017, 09:40:49 PM
This setting:

texture_quality = 1

is not recommended, because textures use 8 times the video ram. For example, a 8192x8192 texture uses 256MB.
Hmmm pity, cause I like the combo (from the documentation section) "better quality and much faster loading times" :)
Going down to 2 solves the black texture problem on Fuji.

No bearing on the crash with replay buffer at 512 however (but that's probably expected as it may be a ram issue and not a video ram issue).

JamoZ

beta11b has once again delivered a very big improvement in the under-steer issue.

Seems like placebo effect at its best. Nothing has been changed in the physics :-\

Are you sure PiBoSo? You`re talking to a physics expert here. You might want to check again...

Vini

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: JamoZ on March 02, 2017, 11:47:15 PM

Are you sure PiBoSo? You`re talking to a physics expert here. You might want to check again...

Hahaha, I love seeing how bitter and hurt Jamoz is. Lol, he can't restrain the pain, so it permeates every one of his posts. Dude can't let things go. Hahahahaha, thanks for the pleasure Jamoz. Your profile picture really does suit you. Silly little fox. It's why I neglect to read the vast majority of your posts. I'll take that up a few notches ;).

JamoZ

Toomes1

Jamoz ,when you thinking of riding again, haven't see you for a long time on the track....they use to be fun times man.

Hawk

Quote from: Toomes1 on March 03, 2017, 12:50:55 PM
Jamoz ,when you thinking of riding again, haven't see you for a long time on the track....they use to be fun times man.

He's afraid of the competition nowadays.... Had to move down to Ride 2 I heard.....  get licked in GPB good and proper now! Hehe!  ;D ;D

Just joking mate... Get your active arse back here Jamoz!!  ;) ;D

Hawk.

Warlock

He is just tired of waiting for a core and netcode fix.
He will be back for true champoinships with a full grid race.

matty0l215

On point as always Jamoz ;)  :P

@UC there's no point arguing with him. He is a master of pissing people off and you're currently his target ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

JamoZ

Quote from: Hawk on March 03, 2017, 02:28:37 PM
Quote from: Toomes1 on March 03, 2017, 12:50:55 PM

He's afraid of the competition nowadays.... Had to move down to Ride 2 I heard.....  get licked in GPB good and proper now! Hehe!  ;D ;D

Just joking mate... Get your active arse back here Jamoz!!  ;) ;D

Hawk.

When i`m able to lap within 1 second of the "competition" without playing for a year, i think it`s the competition who should be afraid  :P

Quote from: Warlock on March 03, 2017, 02:41:49 PM
He is just tired of waiting for a core and netcode fix.
He will be back for true champoinships with a full grid race.

Warlock wins

Quote from: matty0l215 on March 03, 2017, 03:29:24 PM
On point as always Jamoz ;)  :P

@UC there's no point arguing with him. He is a master of pissing people off and you're currently his target ;D

Other then voicing my strong opinion about the state of the game from time to time i have never intentionally pissed people off, let alone insulting other forum members  ::)
If people can`t handle a bit of fooling around, the internet is a scary place to be ;)