• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:44:20 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

controlor settings

Started by RBp, January 07, 2014, 09:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

August1

March 05, 2014, 11:18:04 AM #30 Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:21:28 AM by August1
Yep, I'm using trigger steering  ;D. It feels more realistic to me (a closer approximation of counter-steering maybe) and I feel like I can be a lot smoother than if I used the analogue stick. Mid-turn corrections certainly feel easier. 

HornetMaX

Quote from: August1 on March 05, 2014, 11:18:04 AM
Yep, I'm using trigger steering  ;D. It feels more realistic to me (a closer approximation of counter-steering maybe) and I feel like I can be a lot smoother than if I used the analogue stick. Mid-turn corrections certainly feel easier.
Counter-steering has nothing to do with "trigger steering". That said, each one has his own preferences ... just letting you know your setup is kind of "unique" :)

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: August1 on March 05, 2014, 11:18:04 AM

You know, it never entered my head to try steering using the triggers..... something I'll have to have a try with when I get a new controller.  ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on March 05, 2014, 06:43:36 PM
You know, it never entered my head to try steering using the triggers.....
The thing that is potentially bothering is that the two triggers have to be on a combined axis so the transitions may be messy ...

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 05, 2014, 08:19:40 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on March 05, 2014, 06:43:36 PM
You know, it never entered my head to try steering using the triggers.....
The thing that is potentially bothering is that the two triggers have to be on a combined axis so the transitions may be messy ...

MaX.

Hmm... There is always something to dash a good idea. Lol

Maybe August1 could fill us in with any problems he's experienced with this issue, if any?  :)

August1

That hasn't been an issue so far. The main problems that I'm having now is that the trigger resistance is a little too high which tires out my index fingers and right turns are a bit more tricky than left ones because I have to modulate throttle and brake with my right thumb at the same time which is a little confusing to my brain as well as creating problems with leverage. 

HornetMaX

Quote from: August1 on March 06, 2014, 02:55:34 AM
That hasn't been an issue so far. The main problems that I'm having now is that the trigger resistance is a little too high which tires out my index fingers and right turns are a bit more tricky than left ones because I have to modulate throttle and brake with my right thumb at the same time which is a little confusing to my brain as well as creating problems with leverage.
Just an advice: there are plenty of people paying car games with a pad, if steering with triggers was worth something, we'd probably know that :)

Changing your controller setup requires a lot of time (2-4 weeks): don't just try a new setup 5 minutes and say "I don't like it".

MaX.