• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:14:40 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Motion Simulator using GPB in Public!!!

Started by doubledragoncc, March 03, 2017, 12:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Is it me or is this the worst advertising of GPB that dont even advertise it. Not one GPBikes or PIBOSO sticker, banner or anything in sight.

https://www.youtube.com/v/86njp1ckDek

Also is it me or is this the worst case of controller latency and lag!!!

Go Get em Mr P

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Hawk

Warlock

seems GPB follows the steering input but the bike system is not capable of such fast movements

doubledragoncc

Point is it makes GPB look like IT does not work right and I dont think these guys ask Piboso if they could use it for public use as they are not advertising GPB at all!!!

Wonder if they said it was THEIR software too???

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

lkslodzkzn

Doubledragoncc could You post direct link to this video or name on YT? My flash won't work on forum.Thanks

doubledragoncc

lkslodzkzn

What a shit ;D responsive like this beauty in cap haha

BOBR6 84

Hmmm would be good if it worked properly.. but it doesn't so...

PiBoSo

March 23, 2017, 05:20:34 PM #9 Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:04:00 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Guiga on March 23, 2017, 05:10:11 PM
The guy is showing off his rig, not the game. Why should there be logos? And if GP Bikes has something on EULA about public use instead of private, then it's up to Piboso to discuss things with the person, if they should have a different kind of deal since they might make $ from it.

I have neither time nor interest in arranging contracts with hardware manufacturers.
In general they seem to be used to treat software as a second thought and usually expect to get it for free.
Hence the agreement so far, with the very few so kind to ask for permission to use GP Bikes, is to feel free to use the simulator, with one condition only: to advertise GPB as much as possible.

So this guy either didn't contact me, or he did, and he didn't care about promoting GPB.
Nonetheless, I'm happy there are no GPB stickers, because the end result is not satisfactory.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

doubledragoncc

It was a terrible setup the lag was out of this world. It was as you said Piboso, good he was not advertizing GPB.

It just got up my nose as I asked you a long time ago and greatly respect that you will allow me to use GPB in public (But with quallity and to the right standard) as long as I promote the GPBikes lable and I will ensure that ALL PIBOSO products are shown too.

I am working on a few projects to do this but they will be done professionally to reflect the quality and and workmanship Piboso has put into them.

I will however contact you Mr P to give detail and ensure you are happy with my plans before each event.

DD

grimm

I don't use GPB on a public basis, but the video's I share from youtube are always tagged up with the website URL and very clear mention of who developed the sim in the first place. Not sure it's ever convinced anyone to buy a license, but even if one person invested in it, it's totally worth it. :D

I would really like to see a simulator (motion type) that can get as violent as a real bike does in a big tank slapper out of a corner. The liability issues and safety issues that go with that are tremendous, but on a personal level it would be alot of fun to try out so long as there is a fail safe that shuts it down if the rider comes off the bike so you aren't at the mercy of a cartwheeling 400lb machine being translated into a chassis you are sitting on in real life.  :o

Vini

March 24, 2017, 03:53:51 PM #12 Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:57:39 PM by vini97
IMO all these "full bike motion controllers" make no sense because of the inherent lag and the lack of cornering forces pushing you onto the seat.
dual or triple axis handlebar controller is the way to go (lean, steering and optionally height).

Gzehoo

Quote from: lkslodzkzn on March 04, 2017, 10:46:56 AMWhat a shit ;D responsive like this beauty in cap haha

Jeśli dobrze widzę to to jest w Polsce :P

If I see well, it's in Poland :P

doubledragoncc

Quote from: grimm on March 24, 2017, 03:39:05 PM
I don't use GPB on a public basis, but the video's I share from youtube are always tagged up with the website URL and very clear mention of who developed the sim in the first place. Not sure it's ever convinced anyone to buy a license, but even if one person invested in it, it's totally worth it. :D

I would really like to see a simulator (motion type) that can get as violent as a real bike does in a big tank slapper out of a corner. The liability issues and safety issues that go with that are tremendous, but on a personal level it would be alot of fun to try out so long as there is a fail safe that shuts it down if the rider comes off the bike so you aren't at the mercy of a cartwheeling 400lb machine being translated into a chassis you are sitting on in real life.  :o

I would really like to see a simulator (motion type) that can get as violent as a real bike does in a big tank slapper out of a corner. Problem is they all overexagerate the movement AND the way the most people do it is from text books, not real life, so you end up with bullshit moped data made by a university guy claiming to know it all.  The liability issues and safety issues that go with that are tremendous, but on a personal level it would be alot of fun to try out so long as there is a fail safe that shuts it down if the rider comes off the bike so you aren't at the mercy of a cartwheeling 400lb machine being translated into a chassis you are sitting on in real life.  :o
[/quote]

I understand what you and many say about this BUT people still dont use the brain and realize without the forces of mother nature if a motion system moved as in real life the rider would be on the floor all the time!!! Stop dreaming and see the light. It is physicaly imposible to replicate riding a bike due to the actual physical movement and speed of force over such a minimul distance

The simple point is, SOFTWARE is what demands hardware, the hardware that controls the software must be of a certain design, If the design of the harware is incorrect it will not function correctly, BUT if the hardware is so designed that it compensates for as much of the non compatbility and the fact it is not the device the software being  used thinks it is, It works,

The problem with having a motion system that moves as a real bike is hitting a BIG negative that EVERYONE forgets, YOU are not moving, there are no forces of mother nature so as soon as the bike starts really flipping from side to side you are thrown to the floor!!! REAL PHYSICS!!!

THINK before you make comments and understand I got the bruises from testing this shit. Oh and thanks to Gean for being my test piggy

DD

DD