• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:36:07 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[SPOILERS] MotoGP 2017

Started by miki, March 04, 2017, 04:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gzehoo

November 12, 2017, 03:07:36 PM #120 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 03:10:33 PM by Gzehoo
So... the season finished.

Marc Marquez deserved his championship title in 2017.
I was hoping for Dovizioso, but at the end of it all, he is the greatest hero in this season.

And after many comments (mainly from MotoGP on Facebook) I disagree about Lorenzo.
I would understand if Dovizioso was the leader in classification and needed to be 1-2 positions behind Marquez, but today it was impossible to beat Marquez.
Not only in the race, but also in standings.

And these comments about Lorenzo who "worked for Marquez"... are you serious?
Even before his crash, Jorge was much faster than Dovizioso and was going to overtake Dani and Johann.
You really think that Dovi would overtake Dani and Johann?

Don't blame Jorge, because Ducati's team orders just didn't make any sense - in this situation, where Dovizioso had too much points disadvantage to Marquez, nothing would help Andrea to become the champion.

But again - Andrea Dovizioso is the hero of this season. Could anybody imagine one year ago that he will be able to win 6 races and be Marc's title rival?

PS: I know what is the opinion about Jorge, but please - every objective opinion must be against him?

Boerenlater

People who say he worked for Marc are just still salty about 2015  :P

And this is what Dovi himself had to say
https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/dovizioso-lorenzo-didn-t-hold-me-up-valencia-977728/
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

HornetMaX

28 crashes for Marquez this season (plus 3 or 4 saves from a parallel universe), and he still manages to win by a fair margin. I really can't think how he does it, there's just no explanation. Luckily for us that he tends to crash a bit too much, otherwise the season would be over halfway through.

He let Zarco through and the commentators said "He's grown up, he did the smart move". And then he tried to win a race he only needed to finish 11th, went wide (problem downshifting? that was my impression), made an amazing save, and finished 3rd. I don't know how his parents and bosses can avoid heart attacks every time he rides on a track.

Great season for Ducati and Dovi in particular. Jorge needs to step up next year or he's done. Yamaha back to the drawing board: being beaten by your own past-season bike from a private team is a bit too much.

Also nice to see some results from Aprilia, Suzuki and KTMs: the more the merrier.

matty0l215

It was clear that for a few laps Dovi was faster but then when the whole mapping 8 thing started Lorenzo picked his pace us because at one point they were both on the back of Pedrosa.

This has been a brilliant season on the whole. Each race being full of action (much better watching than most other types of top level racing in my opinion) Such a shame it ended that way (Dovi crashing out, handing Marc the win) But it was pretty damn secure for Marc to win requardless.

I can't deny though when I saw Marc run wide into the gravel I was shouting fall off fall off fall off!! ;D

Oh well, Roll Next season
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

Words of Dovi (speaking of MM):
""Ha una velocità pazzesca, riesce ad andare forte quando vuole ed è l'unico a riuscirci perché tutti gli altri, compreso Valentino Rossi, se la devono preparare. Lui invece vuole sentire e oltrepassare il limite per poi gestirlo: è l'unico ad avere la mentalità giusta per farlo. Serve fortuna per non farsi male, ma così le cadute non ti condizionano"

Quick translation: "He's incredibly fast, he can do it when he wants like nobody. Others, including VR need to prepare for that. He can feel the limit and go beyond it in order to manage it: he's unique in that. You need to be lucky not to get hurt, but then you're not affected by crashes".

I think he's spot on: the fact he crashes a lot just shows a constant willingness to reach and exceed the limit. I can't see anybody else doing this these days.

Warlock

Yeah , he is soooo lucky not to get hurt, opposite to Pedrosa, every time he crashes he get hurt.

Stout Johnson

November 13, 2017, 04:31:40 PM #126 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 04:37:28 PM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: HornetMaX on November 13, 2017, 12:39:49 PM
I think he's spot on: the fact he crashes a lot just shows a constant willingness to reach and exceed the limit. I can't see anybody else doing this these days.
Exactly. MM has two different mindsets. One is the one that is constantly trying to reach the limit and to just be as fucking fast as possible. That is why he crashes so often in practices and qualifyings. But Marquez has also developed into a guy that can drive with his head, which he often shows in races. That is why he does not crash more often than the other championship contenders. Crashes in races 2017: Maq (2), Dov (2)*, Vin (2), Ros (2), Ped (2) (*Dov was crashed by A.Espargaro in Argentina, so really only 1 crash caused by him in races).

But again, in practices he is pretty much really looking for the limit and is willing to go beyond it. In QP2 in Valencia he crashed on the first fast lap of his second stint (if I remember correctly). He had talked with his crew chief about the tyres not being at perfect temperatures in the first right-hander after several left turns but he decided to push anyways and try it. He did and crashed : ) but still, such a crash provides him with very good information on the grip-limit, especially for the first laps in the race. As for his luck to not get injured: I agree that there is always a chance and to some degree it is luck ofc. But he crashes 90% via lowsiders whilst over-braking which is not that injury-prone. And I assume, if one crashes on such a regular basis one just becomes a cat and knows how to avoid injuries. Proof is that Sam Lowes also does not get hurt  :P.

On a sidenote: Yamaha factory decided on short notice to use the 2016 bike for the race. I think they have some sleepless nights until March 2018  ;)
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

KG_03

Well said Stout. To crash is one thing but to know how to crash is other. To learn how to fall and do not get injured is also very important. Its not just a matter of luck...

HornetMaX

Quote from: Stout Johnson on November 13, 2017, 04:31:40 PM
On a sidenote: Yamaha factory decided on short notice to use the 2016 bike for the race. I think they have some sleepless nights until March 2018  ;)
Oh boy, somebody is totally lost over there.

KG_03

Yes it looks like they have no idea which direction should they choose. And I remeber at the start of the year when a guy from Eneos during VR bike show told me that MV will be a champion for sure.

Aernouts2

Yeah..

I reckon they should hire (no need to pay him, my guess he will do it for free  ::)) Casey Stoner...
Probably after 2 or 3 laps he will show them the yamaha is not so bad after all ... ;)