• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:33:33 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

How I seem to have found a stop to core exe's on my computer???

Started by Seajay 64, March 12, 2017, 10:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seajay 64

12-03-17

As asked by Hornet Max to post in "BUGS REPORT" how I appear to have stopped the core exe on my computer I enclose here the method that I use, together with my original posts in reply to this post: "Support", "Core.exe solution" started by Monjue, on the 28-02-2017, which go into the how I found this solution by trial and error and by way of the testing that I have done.

I would like to reiterate that I'm not criticising any aspect of GP BIKES or any of the bikes that anyone has put into this simulation. I say with all honesty that what I describe here appears so far to have stopped any core exe for me up to this moment. I do not claim that it is the complete answer, but it seems to work for me. I also need to test more and ride many more laps for me to be 100% sure that this is what cause's the problem  My prime aim here is to try to find the cause of the core exe problem that everyone seems to have at sometime or other. I have found that for me on my computer this WORKS, and although I havn't had a core exe since I have used this set up, maybe one will come in the future testing that I intend to do.

Before I start, the following bikes are the only ones that I get a core exe with if I do the following with the set-up as described below.

MotoGP 2015 Aprilia RS GP15, M, MotoGP 2015 Art GP14, MotoGP 2015 Ducati GP15, MotoGP 2015 Forward Yamaha, MotoGP 2015, Honda RC213V, MotoGP 2015 Honda 213v-RS, MotoGP 2015 Susuki GSX RR, MotoGP 2015 Yamaha YZM-M1.

Tested on:    Cadwell Park Vo.8,  Croft V .08 NDS,   Ulster GP V0.6 NDS, Silverstone GP V0.94NDS, Victoria

All the 750 + lap  testing was using GP BIKE'S Beta 11b

So to start load GP BIKES. Select any one of the above bikes. Select any track to your choice. Test the bike in default setting in the set-up making sure that BRAKE SETTINGS are as follows: Front Leverage 18 mm Rear Master Cyl 13 mm. When braking use both front and rear brakes together while changing down through the gear very rapidly.
For me on these settings  NO CORE EXE'S on any of the tracks that I mention in my testing letters below.

Once you have established that you also have no CORE EXE, return to the pit and change the Rear Master Cyl from 13 mm to 11 mm.
Test the bike again, using the same combination of front and rear braking and changing down at the same time.
This time you should have an instant CORE EXE. This is what I get every time I change the Rear master Cyl to 11 mm.
If this happens to you, go back into pits and return the cyl setting to 13 mm, after which you should revert to the no CORE EXE situation as before.

Once I found how to stop the CORE EXE on my computer, I tried variations of other settings in the bike set up mode while leaving the Rear Master cyl setting at 13 mm. Result, NO CORE EXE'S with any of the above named bikes. Then when changing 13 mm to 11 mm instant CORE EXE with every one of these bikes again.
One other thing here is that on one occation while doing the 750 plus laps test I changed from 13 mm to 11 mm and then back again to 13 mm and had a core exe. So I removed the bike from the computer, ran c cleaner, ran a reg cleaner, re booted the computer, and reinstalled the bike (Ducati GP15)  Since then all of the above have been left on the Rear Brake Cyl 13 mm setting and I have not had any Core Exe's .

Not related to core exe problem but since Beta 11 and 11b if you freshly install any bike the rider is shown facing backwards when first using the newly installed bike. If that happens just exit GP BIKES completly and then restart the GP BIKES program and the rider faces to the front.

The following bikes DO NOT give me any CORE EXE'S in any set-up and I am completely free from them (CORE EXE'S) on my computer with the following bikes.

Free from any CORE EXE'S  are these bikes:  GP500 MV Agusta triple, Kawasaki Ninja HR2 2015, Moto2 2015, Moto3 2013, Road Honda NR750, SKB 2015 Ducati Panagale R, SKB 2015 Honda CBR1000RR, SKB2015 KTM RC8, SKB 2015 Yamaha YZF R1M, STK1000 2014 BMW S1000RR, STK1000 2014 Ducati Panigale, STK 2014 HONDA CBR1000RR, WSBK 2017 MV Agusta F4, WSBK 2017 Panaigle R .
I have never had a core exe using these or the stock bikes that come in the GP BIKE Package.

I believe that for me I have found the problem of my CORE EXE'S, and indeed apart from setting any bike up to induce the problematic situation of CORE EXE'S, I can say for sure I do not have a CORE EXE problem anymore.

These findings are for  OFF LINE TESTING ONLY, but I may in the future try to get online and test the bikes that I have.

It would be interesting to hear if anyone else has the same or different outcome as myself when trying the above changes, and although I don't have the computer skills to alleviate the problem in the program I do hope that my observations may help in some way to find the cause of the CORE EXE.

My computer is self assembled using these components Vista 32 bit OS, Intel Q6600 Quad core Processor, Asus P5Pro Mother Board, 2 GB Crucial Ballistic memory, Crucial 532 GB SSD, Logitech Attack 3 Joystick.

Before I end I would like to ask if it would be possible if we could have more information from members regarding their core exe problems. Maybe if it could be logged in a file or topic as to:  which bike, which track, what set up, off line, online, etc.  etc, may give more insight as to the reasons of the core exe problem. At the moment as far as I can tell I read of people saying "Oh I had a bloody core exe yesterday shit shit shit" or whatever. My questions to myself then are "Oh what did you do about it, what bike was it on, What track was it on, etc. etc. What I'm trying to say here is that as far as I'm aware there is no where on this forum to actually fill in a form recalling the circumstances of the core exe. Would it be possible for someone to set up a form of some sort where we could at the very least tick a couple of box's to say this happened, or this didn't happen, or whatever is relevant? Its just a thought, as more information may throw a light onto the problem!

Thank you for reading.

Seajay 64

Below are the posts I sent in response to this post in "Support", "Core.exe solution" started by Monjue, on the 28-02-2017, if you wish  understand how I came to these conclusion please read below how I went about the procedure to iron out where the problem manifested itself, and how I changed things piece by piece. I apologise if it is long winded, but I tried to be as thorough in my testing as I could and to eliminate each change of input/output in the set up that I could.
The whole process of elimination is extremely time consuming, as well as mind blowing inasmuch that each element needs to be logged in some way so that one does not forget what has happened. In my case I wrote my findings onto paper allowing me to recall what happened in each event. The permutations of testing seamed to be endless.

So here is my reply to Monjue, on the 28-02-2017 and what followed .

8-03-17
I haven't written on the forum for sometime, and this may have been said before which I may have missed, but heres my small input.
I wrote the following quite soon after the release of Beta 8, but did not post it.

Now that someone else has the same results as I do these are my thoughts of the problem.

Just a line or two about my observations regarding off-line core.exe crashes with GBP Beta 8.

Until Manu's brilliant output of MOTO GP 2015 GP Factory Bikes came into use, I had no core exe problems with the new Beta 8, using the stock bikes issued with the game.
Since installing the MOTO GP 2015 bikes, I have found that every one of Manu's bikes will cause a core exe problem when using the front and rear brakes while testing. The crashes happen anywhere, anytime, that being, and not always, when applying both brakes together and changing down through the gears, but at sometime, the core exe failure will occur, whether one is braking for a corner or bend, or applying both brakes going down a long straight in an upright non lean angle, and not in any constant pattern.
I have only tested this at these tracks Ulster GP, Ulster GP V0.6 NDS, Croft, Croft NDS, Rbp Croft V0.7, Cadwell Park Vo.8, Silverstone, Silverstone GP V0.94NDS, Victoria.

This appears to be the only time that I get core exe's, apart from when I crash the bike going into a corner too fast, after which if the bike finds and goes into one of the black holes on any given track. The trick here is to press the escape button and select return to pit option before bike is swallowed and drops into the hole.

If using only the front brake of any of the MOTO GP  2015 bikes, then eureka, no core exe's, no problems, apart from not stopping and falling off, or going over the handle bars and crashing! "Too much front brake application."

I have not had any off-line core exe's when using either of the stock  msm 125rr, 125 rr cup, or the Mursasama rc 990  bikes while using front and rear brakes together and changing down, at any of the above named tracks with Beta 8. No core exe's what so ever.

Not having the computer skills necessary to try sorting the problem myself, maybe some of you computer wiz kids out there could look into whether or not you have the same results as myself, and if so could find the cause and rectify it. Whether or not this is the full cause of core exe's, I can not say, but maybe it could lead to the eventual elimination of the problem if someone could find a connection with these observations coupled with any knowledge that they have regarding the core exe problem.
There again, and I hope not, it may only be a fault relative to my computer, in which case I apologise for wasting your time.

I hope this helps, and thank you for reading.

@ Manu. No criticism meant here regarding your bikes. They are truly first class and very well done. Thank you for the bikes

Update.
1st March 2017

Since writing the above we have gone up to BETA 11. The same problem exists with me on all Beta's  from Beta 8 to Beta 11. Nothing has changed.

I would like to say that this fault only seems to occur with Manu's bike's and all other bikes do not have this problem.
For me it is quite annoying as my favourite bike is Ducati GP 15 of Manu. Because of the core exe problems when using both brakes I can never achieve the full potential of his bikes.
Again, this is in off-line mode only, and I have no opinion as to online riding as I haven't tested due to not wanting to spoil other peoples run by getting in their way. 

Hope this may help
Thank you
Seajay 64

@Max
As requested by you I have this morning tested the following tracks with Max Hud installed and Max Hud un installed.

First with Max Hud completely un installed.

CORE EXE CRASH'S
Croft V .08 NDS                                            Laps before Core Exe crash  1.5 Laps
Silverstone Gp v0.95NDS                             Laps before Core Exe crash   0.5 Laps

NO CORE CRASH'S
Cadwell Park v 0.8 NDS                                No Core Exe crash after 5 Laps
Ulster GP v 0.6 NDS                                      No Core Exe crash after 5 Laps
Victoria                                                           No Core Exe crash after 5 Laps

Next with Max Hud completely re installed

CORE EXE CRASH'S
Croft V .08 NDS                                             Laps before Core Exe crash  3.0 Laps
Cadwell Park v 0.8 NDS                                Laps before Core Exe crash   1.5 Laps
Silverstone Gp v0.95NDS                              Laps before Core Exe crash   0.5 Laps

NO CORE CRASH'S
Victoria                                                           No Core Exe crash after 5 Laps
Ulster GP v 0.6 NDS                                      No Core Exe crash after 5 Laps

These were all on Ducati GP 15 of Manu's collection.
Although I haven't had time today to try any other bike, from passed experience I know that I have not had the same problem with them.
I will try as many of them in the next coming days when time allows.

One thing other that became apparent was the difference in the notification from windows after the core crash's. When MAX HUD was not installed all I got was a window informing me of a Core.exe crash. Then all I had to do was press the ok button in the window which then cleared GP BIKE's from the screen allowing me to restart the program.

After I had reinstalled MAX HUD the message changed to ODE INTERNAL ERROR Assent ion b normalisation result failed in :/:/ include\ode/odemath h: 326. As well this Then Runtime Error c:\program files\Gp Bikes\core.exe.
Also to restart GP BIKE's I had to bring up windows task manager which had the following,
"Gp Bikes still running" and the program "ODE INTERNAL ERROR    Still Running", after which both cleared when I selected End Task for each.

I hpoe that this is some help and I will continue to test as much a I can in the next few day with other bikes that I use

Thank you

Seajay 64

8-03-17
Since the last testing of GP BIKES with and without Max Hud installed I have tested the following bikes with Max Hud installed on the following circuits to the total number of laps exceeding 750 during the last few days.

BIKES WITH NO CORE EXE PROBLEMS
                                              OFFLINE TESTING ONLY

GP500 MV Agusta triple, Kawasaki Ninja HR2 2015, Moto2 2015, Moto3 2013, Road Honda NR750, SKB 2015 Ducati Panagale R, SKB 2015 Honda CBR1000RR, SKB2015 KTM RC8, SKB 2015 Yamaha YZF R1M, STK1000 2014 BMW S1000RR, STK1000 2014 Ducati Panigale, STK 2014 HONDA CBR1000RR, WSBK 2017 MV Agusta F4, WSBK 2017 Panaigle R .

I tested on, Croft V .08 NDS, Silverstone Gp v0.95NDS,  Ulster GP v 0.6 NDS, only. The above bikes had no core exe crash's on my computer.

In all case's the choice of bike from each type of bike was random, that is to say sometimes the base machine and sometimes a named rider machine.
The track time of each bike was no less than 5 laps and no more than 10 laps in each of the following modes. Each bike was tested in two modes. The first being in default mode, the second in a change of set up from the set-up menu.
All of the above bikes did not have a core.exe problem on any of the tracks I tested on.

BIKES WITH CORE EXE PROBLEMS
                                                 OFFLINE TESTING ONLY

MotoGP 2015 Aprilia RS GP15, M, MotoGP 2015 Art GP14, MotoGP 2015 Ducati GP15, MotoGP 2015 Forward Yamaha, MotoGP 2015, Honda RC213V, MotoGP 2015 Honda 213v-RS, MotoGP 2015 Susuki GSX RR, MotoGP 2015 Yamaha YZM-M1.

Without exception non of the above bikes had a core exe crash while running in default mode, however as soon as I changed the brake set-up from the standard default of 18 to 20 front, and the rear from 13 to 11, the core exe's kicked strait back in at the first use of front and rear braking while changing down through the gears.  Most of the time was within 20 sec's or so from the off.
So I then began a new test changing all the other set-up parameters apart from the brakes, and again found that not one bike had a core exe.
Next step was to change only the front brake setting from 18 to 20. With this setting NO CORE EXE 
So then on to changing rear brake from 13 to 11, Oh YES CORE EXE
To finish testing I then reverted to the default mode and tried again and strangely enough I got the first core exe in the default mode, after more than 700 laps. I then decided to delete the bike (Ducati GP 2015)  from GP BIKES, clean the registry, reboot the system and then reinstall the bike. I started to re test the Ducati again in default mode and the results were no CORE EXE's  until rear brake was changed from 13 to 11.

While I cant comment on other peoples core exe problems I believe I have found one major problem that for me anyway that is the cause of any core exe crash that I get.

I hope that these finding may help someone out there with more computer knowledge than I have to rectify the core exe problem.

Again I will continue to test when I have the time but for sure it won't be 750 laps!!! My brain nearly went nuts.

doubledragoncc

This is a great bit of work from you Seejay.

Unfortunately it will not help where I got 3 cores just sitting in the pits and never even riding
with the GP250 RGV???

Thank you for the very large amount of testing you did. I am sure it will elp a lot of people.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

You won the prize for absolute most detailed bug report ever :)

Let's start with the simple thing: using one of the bikes you mention (MotoGP 2015: Aprilia RS GP15, Art GP14, Ducati GP15, Forward Yamaha,  Honda RC213V, Honda 213v-RS, Susuki GSX RR, Yamaha YZM-M1), as soon rear brake master cylinder is changed to 11mm you get a core.exe the first time you use the rear brake.

Does this happen to others (I'll check tonight for me) ?

doubledragoncc

I will check this out too as I use a different type of controller.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

janaucarre

Really good report
Thank you
Have you ever tried murasama?

Seajay 64

@Max
Thank you for your prize and smile.
Yes each of the mentioned bikes are affected by the core exe problem as i describe. Only these bikes give me Core Exe's when Rear Brake cyl is changed to 11. When i have changed back to 13 the problem goes away.

@Janaucarre
Yes, somewhere in my report i say that i have never had a Core Exe with any of the GP BIKES stock Bikes including the Murasama.

I have been kind of busy for the last few days and have not had time to test again but i hope to be able to try again in a day or two.

Thank you
Seajay

janaucarre

HornetMaX

Just tried the aprilia on Victoria, no crash for me.
Only things that come to mind:

• Did you set the rider and rider style ? Just to avoid any potential issue caused by the weird "reverse rider"
  • Did you erase any potentially old bike setup ?

MonJue

Great effort Seajay 64, i will test your findings over the next few days and report back.

I hope members help you with their findings too.

again... amazing effort, well done and thanks.

speak soon!

BOBR6 84

Holy sh!t that's a lot of time waiting for bikes and tracks to load up and connect lol fair play Seajay 64  ;D

Seajay 64

@HornetMax

Hello Max

Thank you for your comments regarding you not having the same outcome as myself.

Are you saying that you do not have any core exe trouble when running any of the bikes after selecting 11 mm on the rear brake cyl set up?
If so, have you ever had core exe's in the past with any of the bikes that I have tested in my report, or do you have a core exe failure free system?

Just for me to be clear, 11b was a clean install of everything including MaxHud as well as all of the bikes that I have mentioned. Everything including the Piboso file was deleted,  after which  I ran C Cleaner and then my registry cleaner and then rebooting the whole system before reinstalling the GP-Bikes program. I first tested the msm 125rr, 125 rr cup, and the Mursasama rc 990, each without any core exe problem within the two modes that I have described in detail in my earlier posts. That said the only one of the three bikes to have the rear brake cyl adjustment from 13 to 11 is the Mursasama, so all the set ups were newly  generated by the GP Bikes program itself. Later I first installed each of the bikes that I have never had a core exe with and again ran them in the two modes as described. All again with no core exe failures.

The rider styles are Legend, and riding style classic.

Due to the fact that I was aware that my core failures came from MOTO GP BIKES 15, I left testing them until the end, which was the third day of testing. All of them passed the test on  the 13 mm settings as well as various changes of  setting in, tyres,  fuel, suspension, front brakes, engine, geometry, tyre pressure, and electronics. The rear master cyl was left at 13 mm.
Always but always upon the change of rear master cyl from 13 to 11, Bang, core exe.

I wish to do some more testing with a clean install again and only using the bikes that affect me.
Unfortunately, at the moment, house and home problems take precedent over all else during the day, as the other half says "If I don't get my finger out and do the necessary work I will be banished to Mishnig" or the like! She's a slave driver!
It should probably take 10 to 14 days to do what needs to be done, which means that I wont be able to reply to any questions during the day and hopefully I may be able to start a re test of things during the evenings, when I shall also look into the forum to see any comments that have been made regarding the core exe problem.

Wishing to ask you a computer related question I wonder if you would be happy to answer if I'm correct in assuming this? If a software program has been written correctly and fore fills its role in applying its execution of use, is it, or would it be possible for that same program to change its outcome of use due to a change in the input from the variants of the given program, and if so, would it be possible that once that variable has been input into the program, could it be that within itself the program could overwrite the original variable due to the fact that it has been changed, which would mean even going back or selecting the first variable, the program shows that it has set itself back, but in actual fact it has not done so, but has in fact put some sort of change or  bug into the program?   

This question arises due to a thought that I have regarding the change from 13 mm to 11 mm and then back to 13 mm. When we change any setting in the set up we are asked to "Save default ", I save my set up to whatever the track temperature is at that moment i.e. 33C or what ever.  In my report I have said  ' Changing from 13 mm to 11 mm of the rear brake cyl gives me a core exe, but changing it back to 13 mm stops the core exe again. From memory this is correct, however somewhere in my mind I believe that I had a core exe just once after doing this, (going back to the original 13 mm by just clicking on it) which in turn prompts the question, should I have said, select default, rather than, change back to 11 mm. This I feel is a significant point that I may have made a mistake with. In my next set of test I intend to try both ways.

One other thing i ask is. Do you think you or anyone else could design say a spreadsheet sort of page on the forum where we could tick or x  box's to questions relating to the core exe problem, which might in turn lead us down a critical path analysis road, or would this be a waste of time time do you think. Its just a thought.

Hopefully you understand my above conjecture and thank you for reading and your time and input for this complex problem.

Thank you
Seajay 64

@DD
Sorry I missed your post regarding having a core exe in the pits with GP250 RGV.
I do not have this bike but will down load a copy and give it a whurl.
Had you changed any set ups before the core exe, if so do you know which one's?
Also have you had any core exe's with any of the bikes that I have? Again do you recall any details that may be of use in finding a solution.

Thank you.
Seajay 64

@Monjue
If you had not sent your post regarding the problems you had, i may not have sent my thoughts and observations due to the fact that no one else was having that same problem . So thank you for your post of the problems you had, for it motovated me to send my thoughts from Beta 8 to Beta 11b

Thank you
Seajay 64

@Bobr6 84
Yes, about three and a half days, using 8 to 10 hours a day including rest periods. Damn hard work! And i'm not doing that amount again??

Thank you
Seajay 64

@anyone out there.

I hope I don't over step the mark here, but.
Do any of you have the same results that I have described, or other core exe problems?

Have you anything to contibute to this core exe problem, if so please do so.
As for me I dont have the computer knowledge to rectifiy the problem, I'm just trying to find the cause,  but if we could collate our indivdual problems that we have with this, maybe, just maybe, someone will see the light and sort it.
Please post your thoughts here.

Thank you for reading

Seajay 64

HornetMaX

Before Seejay spends more time on this it would be interesting to know if anybody else has the same problem.

@Seejay: my understanding is that you had a crash (with the rear at 11) immediately when using the rear brake. Is this correct ? Does it happen even when standing in the pits ?

Napalm Nick

I am somewhat behind on testing the plethora of bikes available but I just downloaded the MotoGP Aprilia specifically to run this test:

Result: No core when applying brake after changing to 11. With front brake at 18 or 20 and either applying together with front brake or not. And no matter the rider setup.

From your list it seems to be mainly the MotoGP bikes so does not sound anything to do with the core.exe of online sessions just something specific to your machine. But strange you are having the issue.
Somewhere in the back of my mind a little man is waving a flag saying this has been seen before on this forum.....

Can you try another controller? Try another PC?

Maybe I didn't read all your diagnosis yet either lol but good work!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

MonJue

Ok... so heres my findings..

I have had no core.exe since doing the following... for me it was very simple.

I ride all bikes with default setup because im a bit of a noob when it comes to making any adjustments.
So ive only tested this on 2 bikes so far... the MotoGP Honda RC and the WSBK Ducati Panigale.
Also i havnt tried this online yet because i have no friends.  :-\

As most of you know the rear master cylinder is default to 13mm... all i did was change this to 11mm and i have not had 1 core.exe since.
Ive gone from having core.exe nearly once every 2 laps or so... to not at all. Its amazing and im so happy!  ;D

Strange thing is this is quite the opposite to Seajay's findings!

Im confused... but happy!

doubledragoncc

Well now go online in a race and bet you get cores at some point

DD