• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

How I seem to have found a stop to core exe's on my computer???

Started by Seajay 64, March 12, 2017, 10:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonJue

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 18, 2017, 09:29:05 PM
Well now go online in a race and bet you get cores at some point

DD

Tonight is the first time i have ever looked at online.. i havnt been able to join 1 server because i get messages simlar to 'bike not found' and a couple of others i forget now.. also i would get core.exe just in the host selection screen.

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Seajay 64

@HornetMax

Regarding Core exe in the pits, I have never had a core exe sitting in the pits ever. Since you have asked I have tried to manifest one over the last day or two with both 11 mm and 13 mm rear cyl settings while holding both brakes on and then changing up through the gears and back down again in a rapid manner. Again no core exe problem there in the pits.

@Napalm Nick

Thank you for your information regarding your testing  of MotoGP Aprilia and getting no problems.
And yes I only get the problem with MotoGP bikes, and like you say it may be to due with my machine.
Also all my test have been carried on in the off line situation.

At the moment I really do not have the time available to do long test sessions, but when using GP-BIKES off line I will use the affected bikes that I have with the 13 mm setting, as I have no core exe problems with that setting.

However, it is all academic now as by April 11th I will have had to get rid of Windows Vista and migrate to Windows 10, due to Microsoft ending support for Vista. Maybe things will change from there on in and I hope that I  will loose the problem as described, completely?

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all who have read my posts and have commented in response to my findings and do hope that some progress may have been made regarding the symptoms of the Core exe. I sincerely hope that I haven't wasted too much of your time.

Once I get Windows 10 installed I will try long tests again starting with the bikes that I have no core exe problems at the moment and progress from there.

Thank you.

Seajay 64

Napalm Nick

No worries Seajay I hope for you that windows 10 fixes everything  :)

"Good old Bill Gates" you will say.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

MonJue

Quote from: MonJue on March 18, 2017, 08:50:49 PM
Ok... so heres my findings..

I have had no core.exe since doing the following... for me it was very simple.

I ride all bikes with default setup because im a bit of a noob when it comes to making any adjustments.
So ive only tested this on 2 bikes so far... the MotoGP Honda RC and the WSBK Ducati Panigale.
Also i havnt tried this online yet because i have no friends.  :-\

As most of you know the rear master cylinder is default to 13mm... all i did was change this to 11mm and i have not had 1 core.exe since.
Ive gone from having core.exe nearly once every 2 laps or so... to not at all. Its amazing and im so happy!  ;D

Strange thing is this is quite the opposite to Seajay's findings!

Im confused... but happy!

Ok.. so a few more days later! making sure i have set rear brake to 11m and still not 1 core.exe... amazing!

Went online for the first time last night.. no core.exe yet.

doubledragoncc

If you seriously think this is the cure to cores I am amazed. Thanks for the work but it will NOT cure core crashes in online racing.
DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

From experimenting with the physics files it is apparent that the game engine uses the values literally and does not enforce any type of range checking. So it is possible that a combination of  factors; brakes, tyres, suspension etc can lead to an out of range parameter calculation that cause the game to crash. Your findings may only be applicable to the particular bike and configuration you are currently using.

doubledragoncc

So HOW can bike data be the cure if I am sitting in the pits is another way of putting it. I have had REGULAR cores at both of the last online races just sitting in the pits and not even changing between pages like garage, replay or anything!!! Litereally sitting doing nothing!!!

DD

Napalm Nick

It is interesting.

The only cores I have had are when I go to 'Settings' while in Manus server. Game settings not bike setup.

I'm sure this might mean something. But I don't know what lol.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

The thread was originally for bike physics generated cores, general net play cores are a complete mystery and without debug logs you will probably never solve them

doubledragoncc

If you are in Host local or online going to settings can be real bad and IF you have GPB in windowed mode as I need to for streaming it is almost imposible o use settings as even if you do not change your video settings it acts like you have, GPB goes to blackscreen before asking if you want to keep your settings but times out and just goes back to settings and waits for you to try and save again, go throught the same shit and on and on OR hit back to exit settings and not be able to change anything!!!

I have to stay in the live replay screen as going in or out can also cause a core.

I regularly do a fresh install of GPB plus over installs but nothing works as it is the dang netcode and way GPB handles memory.

Sometimes, on my servers if people join it will just show 0 ping until they are fully on the server and then most are 30 to 60 pings stable, BUT now since 11b I often see OVER 22000 pings when people join and then it counts down until they are fully on the server!!!

If Piboso reads this tuff as it has been posted in 11b thread too, it is THE most important thing to fix. Sod legends rider or GPB saving the color of my helmet, we cant use jack shit if the netcode sucks and GPB cores so much online(the place we all want to be)

Last race a few riders may not have had cores but MOST did and not just one!!!

Even with all the testing that get done on victoria as it is Piboso's track there are cores and people forget ALL tracks used on servers are NDS, the NDS tracks should also be used to netcade test not just victoria and not just Piboso's bikes as they dont get used!!!

Its time to be real and not just say, yeah we test with JUST Piboso standard track and bikes, it is not a real test as those are not how we race online, we use mods!!! We need BOTH types of testing to get real data that will work for online racing.

DD

doubledragoncc

MonJue

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 21, 2017, 08:30:06 AM
If you seriously think this is the cure to cores I am amazed. Thanks for the work but it will NOT cure core crashes in online racing.
DD

Yes.. i am serious this has fixed my core.exe problems. When you read the original post you will see these tests have nothing to do with online. It is mentioned a few times.

I know it can be frustrating.. but im just letting the thread know what im experiencing in the hope it helps others with the same issue.. such as Seajay 64.

doubledragoncc

But it has NOT fixed ALL core problems I am sure or PIBOSO would just follow what you say and GPB is tottally fixed by you right?

I just dont want people reading this and expecting NO cores ever again m8 as it just aint so. You HAVE to do online testing too as that is the ONLY place to race and not just ride around on your own.

I am not dissing your hard work and thank you for it, as I said, it is important that you dont think you have tottally fixed the core issue in GPB because you have not.

This is a VERY important subject if not the most important one and therefore we need to keep it real.

Not just the above points but you have to remember there is the hardware side of the issue. You have your hardware that I doubt one other person has, that alone can make your find void for other users.

The real world is big and harsh when it comes to bugs in softwareThe core crash problem is far from solved  :'(

DD

Warlock

DD i think is pretty clear he said it solved for him not for everyone. It may help some other in particular offline cases.