• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:21:25 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

It wasn't salad...

Started by davidboda46, March 14, 2017, 02:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamoZ

BMW`s 2018 Motogp project...

matty0l215

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 16, 2017, 06:23:09 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on March 16, 2017, 05:27:07 PM
But without provoking people. Wings are only really useful on high level performance bikes (Moto GP and maybe the very pointy end of WSBK). Something tells me that we wont be seeing these on road bikes any time soon, unlike other technological advancements that come from racing.
You may be forgetting we have road-legal bikes with launch control :)

And to be honest, as soon as I'm done with the move to my new place, I may get one :) (still pondering choices though).

Apart from impressing people when do you honestly want to use LC?

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on March 16, 2017, 07:24:46 PM
But without provoking people. Wings are only really useful on high level performance bikes (Moto GP and maybe the very pointy end of WSBK). Something tells me that we wont be seeing these on road bikes any time soon, unlike other technological advancements that come from racing.

And to be honest, as soon as I'm done with the move to my new place, I may get one :) (still pondering choices though).

Never, that was my point exactly (sometimes you get useless stuff on road bikes just because race bikes have it).

Of course the presence of the LC is not the reason I'd like to buy the bike: it's a hell of a bike overall, LC or not.
Other options I have on the radar do not have LC and I don't consider this to be a disadvantage (even if, judging from a few youtube videos, the day you do a good standing start with LC, it really gives you a big grin).

davidboda46

I think LC is mostly for trackday use and amateur racing. Although I bet it's fun at red lights as well.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46 
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

davidboda46

A pic from the comments section of the article (link at: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=4772.0). 1970s endurance style ;)

1970s endurance bodywork by David, on Flickr

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

BOBR6 84

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 16, 2017, 07:46:01 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on March 16, 2017, 07:24:46 PM

Never, that was my point exactly (sometimes you get useless stuff on road bikes just because race bikes have it).

Of course the presence of the LC is not the reason I'd like to buy the bike: it's a hell of a bike overall, LC or not.
Other options I have on the radar do not have LC and I don't consider this to be a disadvantage (even if, judging from a few youtube videos, the day you do a good standing start with LC, it really gives you a big grin).

Most road legal supercars and bikes are complete overkill lol When the wings arrive on the road bikes  ::) ;D it will mainly be fat middle age blokes buying these toys bragging about the aerodynamics to all his mates down the pub hahahahaha  ;D ;D And why not?  8) ;D ;)