• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:07:48 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Only private server problem

Started by guigui404, March 20, 2017, 09:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

@guigui404

All you have to do is get some guys together and I will give you a password so you can hold races on a server I will set up for you. I am locking the max number of riders to 15 until the core problems are made better as it buggers up my servers if more riders are on them. This is not me being a dick but being practical. I have to do all the work and if a server crashes I have to be there to make sure it gets rebooted so until netcode is fixed servers will be on request when I am home only to be able to reboot them if need be.

If modders decide they wish to allow a group of people to help with testing I can also offer servers for test racing.

I am here to help but I cant read minds so you have to ask me is all.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

i see the same quite often.. a locked server with 5 or 6 players and a whole load of empty ones.. online race events are a nightmare most of the time so i don't bother. Would be nice to jump online and just do laps with others sometimes.. But oh yeah it's all teams and serious shit these days  ;D everybody's busy testing behind the scenes on top secret projects..  ;D while the other 2% of the community sits and waits full of excitement and anticipation .. :D to be honest the gpbikes experience now seems more like a government experience..  ::) :)

guigui404

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on March 20, 2017, 11:15:39 PM
i see the same quite often.. a locked server with 5 or 6 players and a whole load of empty ones.. online race events are a nightmare most of the time so i don't bother. Would be nice to jump online and just do laps with others sometimes.. But oh yeah it's all teams and serious shit these days  ;D everybody's busy testing behind the scenes on top secret projects..  ;D while the other 2% of the community sits and waits full of excitement and anticipation .. :D to be honest the gpbikes experience now seems more like a government experience..  ::) :)
thanks to share your opinion bob exactly the point , just come online and chill with others , no need to organise a race just to relax on gpb

Warlock

i see the same quite often.. a locked server with 5 or 6 players and a whole load of empty ones.. online race events are a nightmare most of the time so i don't bother. Would be nice to jump online and just do laps with others sometimes..

Again you guys are blaming us for being dicks because GPB online is dead. do you really think this is fair?  is that our fault?
I see tons of servers in other games locked, dont know what the  problem is.

online race events are a nightmare most of the time so i don't bother.

Just one of the reasons for being locked

Having test races every week takes some work and organization, can you imagine these tests with 20 riders, jump starts , quitting, connecting and disconnecting during the whole test, asking for the bike to download, complaining, etc etc?
It puts much more work and stress for us and won't be productive. We do have a life too, the less time we lose in this tests the better for everyone.

About more and better feedback:
Not sure about that. You can see different direction in modders and riders about the rideability of the bikes.
We have a group of people with the same point of view about this subject and is easier for us to reach an agreement, instead of 20 different opinions from the community that could confuse us a lot more.
Once released we can refine it a bit more, but we want to mantain our point of view in its behaviour. I think we have the right to do it, no?
We are not slaves of the community. We do what we think is correct and GPB deserves.

But oh yeah it's all teams and serious shit these days

while the other 2% of the community sits and waits full of excitement and anticipation
Why sit and wait? ...do something . I didn't have a clue of how to do anything of modeling , texturing, sounds, no clue at all, of nothing.
I had to learn all this stuff myself with the help of many guys here through the years.
I invite you to give it a try and make a bike. If you don't take it seriously and organized enough it will never see the light.
Its an overwelming amount of work.  It ends being serious because the big amount of time it takes out of your life, your family, discussions with your wife due the amount of time you are in front of an screen. And then someone tell you are a dick because you test the bike in a locked server and you are ruining the whole online experience for everyone..... sad.

to be honest the gpbikes experience now seems more like a government experience..  ::) :)

Without the more or less organization we have now in GPB and the effort people have put in this it would be completely dead years ago, totalled, nothing.

For example, many of you guys don't even realize you are playing online in servers FOR FREE. Servers costs money and a lot of attention.
Dibu has been there behind most servers for a lot of years, DD is now also putting there money and effort to make you all happy, for free. Also Motonline-france and others.

In other games people get organized in clans , have a website and a forum and every member pay a reasonable amount of money to have and manage theyr own server. Thats a community.

The ton of bikes and tracks out there have being done by people for you , for free

What more do you guys want....?

Hawk

Seriously!?  :o

C'mon guys..... You got a ton of bikeMODS and trackmods at your disposal, all created or converted to GPB by dedicated, talented hard working people who want to help and improve the enjoyment of GPBikes for the community and all some of you can moan about is not being able to join a MOD Teams Test server?! Really?! Has April Fools Day come early this year or something? :o

Has it all really come to this, that your starting to attack the very people who are working hard to improve your enjoyment of GPB!? I mean, seriously!? :o

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Well said Warlock.

@GuiGui: I see what you mean but if you want to play online there's one easy thing to do: go online, even if a server is empty. If others are available they may join you if they see you online.
If you see an empty server and you say "fuck it, I'd rather go  watch tv", then ...

doubledragoncc

March 21, 2017, 08:28:29 AM #21 Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:00:15 AM by doubledragoncc
Adding to Warlocks point about servers are free for you guys BUT it costs me £45+ a month for me to put up servers. I live on £292.40 a month and that 45 comes out of it!!! Here in the UK internet aint cheap and I have the fastest service I can offer right now. When I get things sorted I will get business internet that will increase the speed a lot more and also have servers up 24/7. It cost money for electric to power a PC you know and a PC running 24/7 costs money, it aint free, Oh and PC's are not free either my server PC only cost £300+ BUT it is ONLY for YOU guys to have servers to ride on, I dont need it for me, it is dedicated to GPBOC!!!

SO...........please think of all the guys that spend hours on a PC spending time AND money to bring you mods. The guys that give you servers and the fact YOU get it ALL for FREE!!!

DD

EDIT: Servers will be running more from later today as been sorting a lot out and was waiting for stuff.
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

The CAWS team races are mod stability test races and are locked to ensure server stability, prevent all the problems of tracks and bikes being incompatible with the current public releases and the mods are WIP so might not be up to riders expectations.

DD has tried hard to promote group riding but we all know that other issues make it difficult to casually 'jump into' a session which is something everyone would like to do;
A couple of the most obvious ones that would not take much fixing by PB;
1) You cannot see a server from the game unless you already have the track installed - this is a big failing and it should be possible to see the global web server list from within the game and not have to hunt it down on the web.
2) The 'missing bike' problems when trying to join an existing session - by the time you have everything sorted you have either lost the will to live or the other riders have moved on, why cant the bike requirements for the track/session be listed in the race server lobby? Unfortunately this is now likely to become a bigger problem is multiple sites are listing the same bike with potentially different release versions  (GPB does not have a revision ID for bikes although it does have a unique ID generated at compile time for each track, maybe the concept should be extended for bikes) :(

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on March 21, 2017, 09:35:04 AM
A couple of the most obvious ones that would not take much fixing by PB;
1) You cannot see a server from the game unless you already have the track installed - this is a big failing and it should be possible to see the global web server list from within the game and not have to hunt it down on the web.
+1. It's just amazing this is still not solved since the time it has been reported.

Quote from: h106frp on March 21, 2017, 09:35:04 AM
2) The 'missing bike' problems when trying to join an existing session - by the time you have everything sorted you have either lost the will to live or the other riders have moved on, why cant the bike requirements for the track/session be listed in the race server lobby? Unfortunately this is now likely to become a bigger problem is multiple sites are listing the same bike with potentially different release versions  (GPB does not have a revision ID for bikes although it does have a unique ID generated at compile time for each track, maybe the concept should be extended for bikes) :(
And +1 again. Just told the exact same words to Matty yesterday in a PM.
Make it possible to query the server for what is needed to connect (which bikes, which versions) and make it possible for bike (and track) modders to have version numbers associated to mods.

One cheapo "solution": put the version number in the bike/track name: Monza_NDS_v1_1 , WSBK2017_Ducati_PanigaleR_V2_15.
Different versions = different folders, so all is very clear.

h106frp

Only just started this but when you compile a track fbx2edf compute a unique embedded hex string ID tied to the race surface geometry that identifies it for server stats. If the same concept could be applied to a bike folder so it includes all the physics and geometry (i.e. if the paint linking was not an issue you could zip the folder and use the checksum as ID) then this could resolve this issue.

HornetMaX

Sure, it's just no very handy to have a hard-to-read ID instead of a clear version number.
If the version number (a simple short string) enters in the computation of the ID itself, then you have both an unique ID and a readable version number.

doubledragoncc

Or we can all commit mass suiside and the problem is solved!!!

+1 on bike ID etc. Some form of positive ID for a bike AND the info displayed if you cant connect exactly whch bike is missing/or wrong version

DD

guigui404

Quote from: Hawk on March 21, 2017, 01:37:28 AM
Seriously!?  :o

C'mon guys..... You got a ton of bikeMODS and trackmods at your disposal, all created or converted to GPB by dedicated, talented hard working people who want to help and improve the enjoyment of GPBikes for the community and all some of you can moan about is not being able to join a MOD Teams Test server?! Really?! Has April Fools Day come early this year or something? :o

Has it all really come to this, that your starting to attack the very people who are working hard to improve your enjoyment of GPB!? I mean, seriously!? :o

Hawk.

It isn't an attack at all , my only request was , could you open your serv , Did I talk about your work ???? Don't think so ..
It's a bit annoying to open a simple cool topic to discuss about and some come and stigmatize what I say

Hawk

Quote from: guigui404 on March 21, 2017, 11:33:53 AM
It isn't an attack at all , my only request was , could you open your serv , Did I talk about your work ???? Don't think so ..
It's a bit annoying to open a simple cool topic to discuss about and some come and stigmatize what I say

The point is Guigui(and you did make the CAWS Test Server the point in question here), why do you want to have a mod teams "Test Server" opened up? It's for the team testing of bikes that are not ready for release(Warlock & Nick explains the situation above very well).

If you want to ride online with others then ask DD to set-up a server for you and get some guys together and ride. Simple..... But why hassle modders(who are "Working" on the bikemods) just because you can't find anyone online to ride with? 

This is certainly not a, "cool topic", as you put it.

Hawk.

guigui404

Quote from: Hawk on March 21, 2017, 04:03:38 PM
Quote from: guigui404 on March 21, 2017, 11:33:53 AM

The point is Guigui(and you did make the CAWS Test Server the point in question here), why do you want to have a mod teams "Test Server" opened up? It's for the team testing of bikes that are not ready for release(Warlock & Nick explains the situation above very well).

If you want to ride online with others then ask DD to set-up a server for you and get some guys together and ride. Simple..... But why hassle modders(who are "Working" on the bikemods) just because you can't find anyone online to ride with? 

This is certainly not a, "cool topic", as you put it.

Hawk.
You don't understand that many of us just want to come online and play , no need to ask for a server to race etc .. and the only peoples only are all gather in 1 server locked