• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:13:25 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Only private server problem

Started by guigui404, March 20, 2017, 09:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warlock

I understand Guigui, but that locked server is not for fun riding, its for testing purpouses. You wont have fun with a bike that folds the steering in every corner, or crash continously with no apparent reason, or locks the rear wheel every downshift, its not fun.

Max told you how to do it. Get in any server and stay there for a while , i bet someone else come in less than 15 minutes. People dont like empty servers, as soon as there is someone else  others come like flys to the honey.

Also you can make a post in racing subforum, something like:
"Hey guys, im in x server for some fun, whos coming?"
Try it.

guigui404

I'm ok with that Warlock , it's not about me , so I don't understand why you all say that , I just say that when there is a server with people on it , more peoples come , and logic fact if the only server online is lock no one will come , yes because many look at the server page to know if they come online or not , am I wrong ?

Warlock

Probably people look in the server list before joining.
So if they see a locked server with few guys and an open server with you or anyone else in it will probably come and ride with you.
I myself use to ride very late in the night even 4 or 5 am.
And 80% of the times some one else come.
I can't believe a sunday at 20:00h if you stay in the server no one else come and join.

Toomes1

Quote from: guigui404 on March 21, 2017, 04:44:58 PM
I'm ok with that Warlock , it's not about me , so I don't understand why you all say that , I just say that when there is a server with people on it , more peoples come , and logic fact if the only server online is lock no one will come , yes because many look at the server page to know if they come online or not , am I wrong ?

Guigui you are right and l totally agree with what you and Bob have said, I often check the servers and see the caws testing but I'm ok wothers that.

guigui404

Thanks Toomes , it's good to have the community opinion about this, and CAWS that wasn't at all an attack , I just say what I think and many of other riders I ask about this , but you completely missunderstund and think it's personnal topic for me to find peoples to ride ..
And max sorry I didn't answer to you , yes many think like this , no one on servers ? I don't play

Toomes1

I think warlocks idea of letting people know that you'll going for a blast is a good idea.

Toomes1

Guigui if you ever want to go for a blast on track give us a pm, I'm normally home from work by 4.00-5.00 and that goes for anybody else..... l should imagine servers will start to fill with all the racing on tv and Gpbikes going on.👌

Napalm Nick

March 21, 2017, 05:26:19 PM #37 Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:50:33 PM by Napalm Nick
I think it is quite a simple thing - there aren't enough people playing regularly now. If you only see anyone once a week (us) the problem is the lack of people not what we choose to do.
But there are plenty of people waiting and watching I am sure. Once the feedback to online goes to No More Cores! Then the floodgates might open.
Even if we open up our session to all well that's one evening sorted, only 6 more empty ones for the rest of the week.

Yep a quick post is a nice idea. I often see the super German guys having fun races too. A quick post would no doubt draw us all in to that too.

Edit: Good news we are discussing/considering this inside CAWS again.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

I have a teamspeak server for GPBOC where you guys can meet and chat about racing so you can organize races and I am there so you can ask me to set up a server.

If people cant be bothered to use a service I offer then that their problem if they say they cant meet and get fun races or servers setup

Teamspeak IP and password in my signiture

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Syd

Until things improve online I can't see much going on really.
However, to test a theory, I will be on the GPboc 250 Gp server at A1 Ring from around 6.30pm UK time tonight. For 'testing' and fun;)

Napalm Nick

Cool! A bit early for me but have a blast.  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Syd

Well I can usually only manage 6.30 - 8.30 during the week, it's wine time at 8.45 :)

Napalm Nick

Hehe nice! Seems you have a perfect life there Syd!
Enjoy mate!

doubledragoncc

Syd n Toomes on the server

NP BASE PAINTS PLEASE

NEED good videos for promoting GPB

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Syd

Well that was a fun 2 hours :)
I hope the server stays busy all night, Maybe you can join in Guigui?

Sorry about base paint DD, my skin coming soon.