• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:12:42 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Pocket bike request :D

Started by Arvoss, January 09, 2014, 11:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arvoss

Could someone make a race pocket bike? :D I think the speed is +- the same as the scooter. Pocket bike races on KRP tracks would be awesome! :)

Harrytmj66

I was thinking about this the other day. What a great MOD it would be

iVolution

Quote from: Arvoss on January 09, 2014, 11:39:14 AM
Could someone make a race pocket bike? :D I think the speed is +- the same as the scooter. Pocket bike races on KRP tracks would be awesome! :)
I guess that might be too much work for something that not everybody is waiting for i guess. Since pocketbikes are much smaller i could imagine there has to be a lot of work done changing the rider position, collision detection, wheels and everything that they influence, crash animation etc. etc.  I would not expect someone to put in all this work anytime soon considering a moto2 class, and other variations on the 600cc class will be more welcomed by the community.

HornetMaX

+1 iVolution.

I don't even understand putting so much time in the scooter mod (even if it seems to be a nice thing for GPB popularity), let alone pocket bikes.

Their size may cause many problems in terms of simulation: it's far for clear that the current physics can cover them appropriately.

Have to admit it could be fun though.

My 2c: create nice bikes, there are plenty of them to do. E.g. first one doing a KTM 1290 Super Duke R gets a kiss from me.

If you want to really model something exotic, I think the Mission R/RS is a much better idea (https://www.mission-motorcycles.com/).

MaX.

JamoZ

Arvoss

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 09, 2014, 11:48:21 PM
+1 iVolution.

I don't even understand putting so much time in the scooter mod (even if it seems to be a nice thing for GPB popularity), let alone pocket bikes.

Their size may cause many problems in terms of simulation: it's far for clear that the current physics can cover them appropriately.

Have to admit it could be fun though.

My 2c: create nice bikes, there are plenty of them to do. E.g. first one doing a KTM 1290 Super Duke R gets a kiss from me.

If you want to really model something exotic, I think the Mission R/RS is a much better idea (https://www.mission-motorcycles.com/).

MaX.

The scooter mod is the best mod ever :p I'm sure people will buy GP Bikes just for the scooter mod ;)

iVolution

Quote from: JamoZ on January 10, 2014, 12:11:01 AM
I`d rather want this :P
Now we're talking  ;D ;D. We would need a seperate records sheet for one-wheel lap times i guess.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Arvoss on January 10, 2014, 12:14:00 AM
The scooter mod is the best mod ever :p I'm sure people will buy GP Bikes just for the scooter mod ;)
I'm sure too. And that's sad :)

MaX.

Ian

I think some people bought the game because its called GPBIKES surely we need to sort out this first.
I was hoping the mod community would have motogp bikes and skins ready for the new season ;D
Unfortunately I can't do skins or mod bikes so rely on the mod community who do a great job

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

iVolution