• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:43:20 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

New Alpha, Beta games...

Started by MonJue, March 25, 2017, 08:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonJue

Hi all,

I don't know if this thread will drop like a brick? but.. can anyone recommend other games/sims that are more independent like as GP Bikes? Games that are not necessarily on Steam.

I know games like 'DCS world' are on Steam, but its recommended you download from their web page as you receive more content and they have a great online community too. If you like fighter jets, ww2 planes and general aviation on a serious level i highly recommend it. Games like MS Flight sim just don't come close.

So can anyone else recommend anything on early access, Alpha, Beta, etc thats worth checking out?

For me so far i can recommend...

GP Bikes - (of course)
DCS World - (reason why i bought a gaming PC) Download from 'Eagle Dynamics' website
Next Car Game, Wreckfest - (amazing physics, reminds me of Destruction Derby. Still in Early Access) On Steam.

I have a couple more, but ill see what others write first.

Thanks for any info you recommend!  :)

JamoZ

Always good to see another DSC enthousiast out there ;)

I`ve absolutely mastered the Blackshark, but found the fixed wing aircraft are alot harder to wrap your mind around, especially the more digital ones like the A10 and in some aspects the Sabre.
Am waiting till the price of VR headsets drop with a 2nd or 3rd gen before i dive back into DCS again. Managing those computers and systems while whizzing trough the air and trying to keep track of your enemies with just a HOTAS is still very difficult :P

As you`re more into the "sim" category, i can highly recommend Squad which is also on Steam. Perfect balance between a game like Battlefield, and a milsim like Arma.

For something a little less serious, i would suggest taking a look at Blackwake, awesome and hilarious pirate game ;)

MonJue

@JamoZ

Awesome!... yes DCS consumed me.. visually stunning. I used the x-55 and track ir. Not so serious setup but still amazing.
Mig 21 and 15 were my goto planes.. mig 15 is a little less stressful to land as you probably know. I never owned a chopper, just planes.
i enjoyed making skins for planes too.

I will look at your recommendations as ive never played either of them. But Arma3 yes!... many hours... i love it.

grimm

A good EA title that returns on the $15 purchase price is "My Summer Car". Though I am a mechanic in the real world, and a whiz with carbs and engine tuning, the game offers a challenge that can compete with the best games/sims out there. It's an adult version of Street Legal Racing Redline. Comparing it to other mechanic games, it is more immersive (you can actually drive the car when you finish it) with better physics than any of the "car mechanic sim" titles out there. The developer is some dude from Finland, he has a great sense of humor, and has been rolling out updates and hot fixes on a bi-weekly, to monthly basis with new content being added pretty regularly.

I also have a strange affection for the nostalgia of endless summers in the countryside turning a wrench on an old junker car, so maybe I love MSC a little more than I should, it's at least made this winter go by a bit easier with heat in my motorcycle shop, and MSC here in the office to kill some time when there isn't much else to do. :D

MSC is on steam as well. ;)

If NCG: Wreckfest interests you, and you want more of that car smashing goodness, BeamNG.drive is a fantastic title for sandbox car smashing fun. The physics are second to none, the car deformation has improved so much in the past few years of development that cars with subframes, in the event of a bad enough crash, can detach the subframe (usually taking engine and suspension with it) and the car itself can be torn apart in wildly realistic ways. Cars, trucks, boats, planes, helicopters, and everything else you can imagine is well represented, and the more you master the finer aspects of the game, the more fun it is to find new and interesting ways to survive, or destroy the vehicles available. The modding community is HUGE, and there is quite a few names that make up a good pool of talent from over the years in the general modding community, that have found their way over to BeamNG.

MonJue

@ grimm,

Yes my mates love My summer car.. unfortunately I'm in no way mechanically minded... wish i was!

I have BeamNG.drive.. i to think its great. I really can't wait for it to get to that next step though!.

Also everyone should check out 'Spintires' too! great graphics and physics... lots of mods too!

tchemi

Hey, DCS pilot here too. I don't have time to board in so I havn't fly for a year. I spent a lot of time in the Murage. x51 pro (f*cking shity software on a very good joy, so bad) trackir 5. I have a HTC Vive but it is not playable at the moment. To much lag, stutter, motion sickness etc...

Spintires isn't really a game, more or less a technical demo about physics. But, it worths every penny if you like mud and trucks.

I am following "Escape From Tarkov". It's a FPS but looks promising.

MonJue

@ tchemi

Just watched some youtube on "Escape From Tarkov"... it looks great! Im definitely gonna keep an eye on it!

Yes spintires isn't really a game but at the same time its so cool!

passerBy

Surprised nobody mentioned other helicopters other than Ka-50. DCS Huey is the one to get :) A true helicopter module, not come coaxial weirdness. No autopilots, no nonsense. And once you got the hang of it, surprisingly nice to fly.

For the curious about what it is like to be a military jet pilot, I'd absolutely recommend the AJS-37. Even A-10C is less impressive than this thing.

If you want to take a look from the diametrical POV, here's this 8)

Some properly executed space warfare... Plus "DCS Spaceship" :)

More closer to modern days goodness

A very promising and unconventional roguelike

And, of course, a tank sim to rule them all, Steel Beasts Pro PE

JJS209

like the old operation flashpoint, a good battlefield:

Squad