• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

For Piboso - Triple Screen Support?

Started by JamoZ, January 09, 2014, 07:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamoZ

How hard is it to implement triple screen support for WRS? Right now everything looks distorted, and in Arma it`s just a matter of adjusting the aspect ratio in a .ini file to make everything match on screen.

Just wondering..

PiBoSo

Quote from: JamoZ on January 09, 2014, 07:07:40 PM
How hard is it to implement triple screen support for WRS? Right now everything looks distorted, and in Arma it`s just a matter of adjusting the aspect ratio in a .ini file to make everything match on screen.

Just wondering..

Please report if this work for WRS, too: http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=581.0
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

JamoZ

I`ve added the lines to the core.ini file so it looks like this :

[display]
monitor=3
setup=monitors.cfg

primary
{
   screen_distance = 1000
   screen_width = 530
   screen_height = 300
   width = 565
   height = 340
}

global
{
   angle_x = 45
}

monitor0
{
   display = 1
        pos_x = -1
   res_x = 1920
   res_y = 1080
   bpp = 32
        multisample = 4
}

monitor1
{
   display = 2
   pos_x = 1
   res_x = 1920
   res_y = 1080
        bpp = 32
        multisample = 4
}

Is this correct? Nothing`s changed, it`s not working...

PiBoSo

January 09, 2014, 09:00:55 PM #3 Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:02:47 PM by PiBoSo

In core.ini:

[display]
monitor=0
setup=monitors.cfg

"Monitor" should only be changed to set the primary monitor.

A new file named "monitors.cfg" must be created, and filled with:

primary
{
screen_distance = 1000
screen_width = 530
screen_height = 300
width = 565
height = 340
}

global
{
angle_x = 45
}

monitor0
{
display = 1
        pos_x = -1
res_x = 1920
res_y = 1080
bpp = 32
        multisample = 4
}

monitor1
{
display = 2
pos_x = 1
res_x = 1920
res_y = 1080
        bpp = 32
        multisample = 4
}
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

LauZzZn

i try it out tomorrow as i got it running for krp. i will also send you my monitor.cfg and explain how i did that
again thanks to dibu

JamoZ

Ok i`ve got it working in GP bikes for now, just to test it as i fucked up WRS with it.

The only thing i want to know now is how to setup my FOV. It`s horribly close, and adjusting the monitor distance isn`t helping...

LauZzZn

Quote from: JamoZ on January 09, 2014, 10:57:20 PM
Ok i`ve got it working in GP bikes for now, just to test it as i fucked up WRS with it.

The only thing i want to know now is how to setup my FOV. It`s horribly close, and adjusting the monitor distance isn`t helping...
try the fov calculator. search in the videos from the youtuber "empty box" . the video is named seeing is believing or something like this its in the simracing 101 section. in the description is a fov calculator. should be a quite small fov

JamoZ

January 09, 2014, 11:26:04 PM #7 Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:00:24 AM by JamoZ
I`ve just entered my real value`s into the .ini and it comes out massivly distorted. If i put in the settings i use in Assetto Corsa it becomes alittle bit better, but it`s still streched horizontally.

What should my ingame resolution be, 5860 x 1080 like my desktop?

My Nvidia display ID is 1/3/2, but my image is lined up quite good across all 3 screens so i guess that`s working.

I have a feeling that for the resolution i`m getting the FOV should at least be around 115. This doesn`t make sense as in rf2 with multiview my FOV is usually around 20/30...

This is what i`m seeing :

LauZzZn

Quote from: JamoZ on January 09, 2014, 11:26:04 PM
I`ve just entered my real value`s into the .ini and it comes out massivly distorted. If i put in the settings i use in Assetto Corsa it becomes alittle bit better, but it`s still streched horizontally.

What should my ingame resolution be, 5860 x 1080 like my desktop?

My Nvidia display ID is 1/3/2, but my image is lined up quite good across all 3 screens so i guess that`s working.

I have a feeling that for the resolution i`m getting the FOV should at least be around 115. This doesn`t make sense as in rf2 with multiview my FOV is usually around 20/30...
in krp i use 45 i think

JamoZ

January 10, 2014, 12:01:18 AM #9 Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:05:47 AM by JamoZ
Yeah, that`s what you would expect. I edited all my gmotor 2 games to use those value`s aswell. So something is wrong here...

Maybe i should stick to trying it on WRS..GPB`s might not be suited for such a FOV...

LauZzZn

Quote from: JamoZ on January 10, 2014, 12:01:18 AM
Yeah, that`s what you would expect. I edited all my gmotor 2 games to use those value`s aswell. So something is wrong here...

Maybe i should stick to trying it on WRS..GPB`s might not be suited for such a FOV...
In iracing i got 120 try that out

neoraptor

Here is a small tool to help finding the right FOV: http://www.geogebra.org/webstart/geogebra.html
You need your screen width for that (in cm - called LargeurEcran in the tool) :

Go to the website and open of the 2 attached files there.
You can then adjust the variables to suit your config and have the right FOV angle ;)

Screenshot of the tool:

Only question : is the FOV (angle_x) the horizontal one or the vertical one?

You may have to multiply with the correct screen ratio (3*16:9 / 3*16:10) to have the vertical FOV
Example: Horizontal FOV of 120°
>> Vertical FOV = 120 * (10) / (3*16) = 25°     for a 16/10 screenratio

Could you say if this helped? What are the settings of your configuration ? (distance / screens)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

JamoZ

January 10, 2014, 06:57:51 PM #12 Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 07:00:42 PM by JamoZ
I have tried loads of calculators over the past years, and imo exact measurements don`t always give you the most pleasent gaming experience.

These are my measurments :

screen_distance = 1000
   screen_width = 530
   screen_height = 300
   width = 565
   height = 340

I`m not looking for my exact FOV, just somethign that works. But ingame the FOV goes to 90 max, and editing this in the .ini didn`t change anything...