• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

view mode=1 leads to 1st person view oscillations

Started by passerBy, April 08, 2017, 04:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passerBy

Not always, but on longer (bumpier?) tracks like Nordschleife, Island of Man, etc. Especially noticeable while starting to roll. At the new Nordschleife though it's pretty much all the time, but that track demands a lot of resources, so it's only partially usable even without the issue.

Here's what happens at IoM:
http://www.youtube.com/v/wLcxLCmwBDQ

Nevermind the bad riding :P

tchemi

Yeah, I experienced that, but only with specific bikes on specific tracks. I never experienced that on VIctoria for instance. So I think it is related to the asphalt surface. Or maybe fork geometry, who knows. But anyway, this mode bring so much that it is not a problem. Especially since it only occurs at slow speed.

Become dust

passerBy

Quote from: tchemi on April 09, 2017, 12:35:37 AM
Yeah, I experienced that, but only with specific bikes on specific tracks. I never experienced that on VIctoria for instance. So I think it is related to the asphalt surface. Or maybe fork geometry, who knows. But anyway, this mode bring so much that it is not a problem. Especially since it only occurs at slow speed.
I still think it's mostly related to the course's length. Used the same bike at Grobnik a lot (that track isn't particularly smooth either), but haven't noticed anything like this happening. Tried riding on different bikes at A7000, it was happening every time. The mountain road exhibits the same problem. But the worst behaver is still the recent Nordschleife, where it's not just at low speeds.

After switching back to mode=0, I can't say I lost too much, even though I never ride in the default steering. The fall you see here was mostly because it was my 3rd time on this track or so, and the issue still marginally exists at higher speeds, even though far less noticeable.

PeterV

Dont know about course lenght, we have tried different bikes and tracks and they all have this issue.
seems to be a bug alright.

Warlock

This happens in every track, even Victoria and every bike. Some tracks worse than others . In Victoria you can see it clearly in corner 2 , looking at the few trees you see outside the track.
At low speeds is more noticeable and only happens in first person with mode=1 enabled.

It happens in this PC:  AMD 7870HD 2gb , I7 2600K, 16Gb RAM ,win7 x64.
Also in this laptop: Nvidia Gforce 1070 8gb, I7 6700HQ, 16Gb Ram, Win10 x64.
Both with drivers up to date.

https://www.youtube.com/v/sUszj3R5qYY

passerBy

Indeed, I noticed it at Victoria as well. And I'm not so sure I like this view mode at all. Would be better if it was included in the change view chain to be able to tell better.

Vini

passerBy