• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

[Likely not a bug] LAA and loading big tracks

Started by HornetMaX, April 10, 2017, 05:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 11, 2017, 12:45:52 PM
Ahh. That makes more sense (4gb instead of 2 i mean)

Still, native 64 bit would  be better surley?
Yes, native x64 would be better: the limit would be 16.8 million terabytes (aka 16 Exabytes). Or the amount of RAM you have, if you have less than that :)

In practice there are other limitations that seem to put the limit to 8 terabytes, even for x64. I guess we can be happy with much less :)

CapeDoctor

May 08, 2017, 09:09:50 AM #16 Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 09:11:33 AM by CapeDoctor
well, i was excited to read this thread, and promptly went and tried it out.
very mixed results for me so far, i'm afraid - while it definitely seems to cure the core crash side of things - i can switch bikes/tracks back and forth, and so far no crash as before - HOWEVER - i was testing on Mugello track, WSBK 2017 ZX-10R. suddenly, with LAA enabled, the game is virtually unplayable, due to the framerate jumping all over the place - it starts in pitlane and doesn't stop - micro-freeze-up about twice in each corner - totally unplayable.
been tweaking vsync and other settings to see, so far nothing has made any difference.
remove LAA, and the frames are back to the steady 60fps i'm used to, throughout.
as you guys will know, any kind of lag/stutter, no matter how small, in a sim like this, is a deal-breaker, and so far, i'm seeing HUGE stutters.
need to test other tracks still, but that's what i have seen right off the bat, hence the mixed feelings.
i'd rather deal with an in-menu core crash every now and then, than a totally unplayable sim.
maybe it's a system thing - not sure
i5 CPU, 8GB RAM, GTX480 card w 1.5GB, latest .NET and other needed stuff all installed.

HornetMaX

h106frp

Been running LAA for months - online/offline - complex prototype tracks - no issues at all.

CapeDoctor

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 08, 2017, 09:14:36 AM
@CapeDoc: win version ?

Win 7 Pro, 64-bit
i wonder if there is maybe an issue with the 2017 WSBK bikes, memory-wise? - i get a core crash whenever loading them on Mugello, for instance.
they load on Victoria, but not Mugello. Mugello gives core crash (on core crash notes, i usually used to actually get a little crash error window previously, i'm sure? in this version, i have yet to see such message. all i get is the game hangs on loading screen usually, and pressing Esc takes me back to desktop.)
with LAA enabled, the 2017 WSBK bikes load fine on all tracks so far, but i just have this totally disabling stutter to go with it.
hang on, let me try and run some other clean-ups, do a reboot and so on, just to make sure. the rig's been on its feet for awhile now, so let me go through the checklist before getting back with more info.

HornetMaX

Quote from: CapeDoctor on May 08, 2017, 10:10:25 AM
i wonder if there is maybe an issue with the 2017 WSBK bikes, memory-wise?
Just tried: in the main menu I can switch to the WSBK 2017 class and it loads the aprilia fine (I can also go to track with it), but if in the main menu I switch to any other bike in the same bikeset, I crash instantly (in the main menu).

Blackheart

Win 7 Pro, 64-bit
i wonder if there is maybe an issue with the 2017 WSBK bikes, memory-wise? - i get a core crash whenever loading them on Mugello, for instance.

Its quite impossible take a core.exe with this set (we have something as 500 laps without 1 single core.exe) so my hint its not use this LAA, its useless because if a track need more 2GB ram in GP Bikes... means that its a bad conversion.

matty0l215

Do you get the same issue with any other bikes on this track?

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

CapeDoctor

matty, yes, the first time i encountered this issue (prior to any LAA) was with the 4 WSBK bikes at Mugello track.
change back from them to any other bike, and then it loads fine.
change to Victoria track, then the WSBK bikes load fine.
it does have the feel of some sort of memory issue.
that said, i've also been selecting each and every bike in the menu to change the suits from Legend to Modern for each, cause i keep having to go back to change my armless, backwards facing rider, lol.
so, just to eliminate any other factors -
give me some time to run through the issues thoroughly, so i can report back with better info.

h106frp

Quote from: Blackheart on May 08, 2017, 10:46:21 AM
Win 7 Pro, 64-bit

Its quite impossible take a core.exe with this set (we have something as 500 laps without 1 single core.exe) so my hint its not use this LAA, its useless because if a track need more 2GB ram in GP Bikes... means that its a bad conversion.

2GB is the total application allowance for bikes, replay and track. Its not that generous for the track if the plan is to have 24 bikes with very big texture maps and a generous replay file and the track surface is probably one of the most important areas if you want decent physics.

CapeDoctor

okay, after some basic system tests, a reboot for good measure, and when i tested it this time, WSBK 2017 bike ...Aprilia... Mugello.
and i am happy to report a rock-steady 60fps.
so the issue i had was probably system-related, and not an issue with this LAA tool.  :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Blackheart on May 08, 2017, 10:46:21 AM
Win 7 Pro, 64-bit

LAA is not a problem (and crash happened before loading any track, so track not an issue either).

After a few tests I'm under the impression that the WSBK 2017 archives on the BikeMOD FTP (not tested the Mega version) are corrupted.
If I install the 4 bikes from IMT Mega db all is fine.
If I install the same 4 bikes from the BikeMOD FTP I get crashes when switching from one bike to the other.
More interesting: if I leave only one of the 4 bikes installed, on some bikes (Duc, MV) I get weird texture problems (e.g. tyre texture on the front disc brake). All this in the main menu.

matty0l215

Could someone else using the FTP Confirm this. If it is true i will re-upload the bikes.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Blackheart

God...

I need know if the bikemod db is the same...

HornetMaX

I'm just redownloading the 4 bikes from the FPT to see ... maybe it was syncback not picking up a difference.
(just another argument for having bike mods being passed arounf a single .pkz file)