• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:11:27 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Transparent track

Started by h106frp, April 16, 2017, 01:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warlock

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 04, 2017, 10:05:56 PM

...... is to create a 64bit version of the whole pipeline: exporters, tools, GP Bikes.

h106frp

Thank you for looking at the problem and noting your comments I decimated the track surface to about 40% of the original geometry and it compiled. I assume this issue applies to the size (total of geometry and texture) of a particular object group type as the total track folder size is smaller that some others that have been tested.

In the meantime could the compile log window just include a comment that memory boundaries have been exceeded, compile failed on object xxxx?

I must agree, a 64 bit version is probably long overdue, and I cannot imagine that anyone who is serious about modern PC gaming (or would be interested in purchasing a license anyway) would still be using anything pre-win7 which most likely means they are 64bit OS as well due to the realistic need for >4GB of system RAM for a decent windows experience.

Generally people are expecting high resolution textures and the full use of shaders these days -  this rapidly consumes the available resources of an OS limited to allocating 2 or 4GB of application RAM.

With the multitude of different modelling suites being used I would suggest that the standalone fbx2edf should be developed to be fully featured supporting all the possible graphic abilities of the game engine.

TFC

+1 to the outcome of this.. Well worth doing even if it takes a while.

CapeDoctor

GPB has the potential to become the all-time best bike sim on the market, so a HUGE +! from me - the extra effort will be worth it's weight in gold for the future of the sim!
GO 64-bit, GO!!  ;D

passerBy

Please make it 64-bit, Piboso.

Quote from: CapeDoctor on May 09, 2017, 08:07:32 AM
GPB has the potential to become the all-time best bike sim on the market, so a HUGE +! from me - the extra effort will be worth it's weight in gold for the future of the sim!
GO 64-bit, GO!!  ;D
Potential? But it IS the best bike sim. Well, MX Bikes too, but that's mostly the same thing... Would be nice to actually make them into a joint sim, just like WRS supports both circuits and rally cross. Maybe by the means of DLCs or something like that.
MX Bikes has the sag testing in the garage which GP Bikes lacks, so I think that might also help with that.

CapeDoctor

QuoteGPB has the potential to become the all-time best bike sim on the market....

Quote from: passerBy on May 09, 2017, 05:10:16 PM

Potential? But it IS the best bike sim.

lol, yes, it is, but the important words i wanted to convey are ALL TIME BEST......  ;D

passerBy

Quote from: CapeDoctor on May 10, 2017, 04:56:39 AM
lol, yes, it is, but the important words i wanted to convey are ALL TIME BEST......  ;D
Well, neither GP500, nor even SBK2001 were close, and on the MX side of things MX Simulator is as good as gone (and it wasn't too good either), so that makes this the all times best sim, I guess 8)

You probably meant that GPB/MXB should become more polished and start leveraging 64-bit support, switch to DX11/DX12... I would agree with that :)