• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Audio for the rider?

Started by Klax75, January 10, 2014, 08:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

I'd like audio for the rider so when I go flying off like I often do I will hear him screaming or swearing up a storm. lol ;)

iVolution

Quote from: Klax75 on January 10, 2014, 08:13:19 AM
I'd like audio for the rider so when I go flying off like I often do I will hear him screaming or swearing up a storm. lol ;)
Do not really need that since I am usually the person making those noises  ;D

Hawk

Quote from: iVolution on January 10, 2014, 12:08:38 PM

Maybe you could record your cursing as a demo for adding to GP Bikes in future release. Hehe ;D

iVolution

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 10, 2014, 03:42:42 PM

Maybe you could record your cursing as a demo for adding to GP Bikes in future release. Hehe ;D
Don't think PiBoSo wants a 18+ rating on this game...although the controversy could generate some extra exposure  ;D

Arvoss

Quote from: iVolution on January 10, 2014, 04:06:03 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 10, 2014, 03:42:42 PM

Don't think PiBoSo wants a 18+ rating on this game...although the controversy could generate some extra exposure  ;D

18+ wouldn't be a bad thing. ;) Mature riders on track. Imagine 13 years old crashing into each other... Or screaming in their mic when GP Bikes has in game voice chat. -_-

HornetMaX

Quote from: Arvoss on January 10, 2014, 04:27:31 PM
Or screaming in their mic when GP Bikes has in game voice chat. -_-
That day will never come. Thanks god.

MaX.

Arvoss

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 10, 2014, 09:07:09 PM
Quote from: Arvoss on January 10, 2014, 04:27:31 PM
Or screaming in their mic when GP Bikes has in game voice chat. -_-
That day will never come. Thanks god.

MaX.

Really? :( That would be a nice feature imo. ;)

Warlock

No thx  ;)

10 guys talking when you try to do a good lap......  ::)

iVolution

Quote from: Warlock on January 10, 2014, 11:40:05 PM
No thx  ;)

Voice chat that is only enabled in the pit lane/paddock would be a good idea. This gives an opportunity to discuss setups etc. Once on the track voice chat is disabled. Don't know if it still is worth implementing but that would be the way to go i guess.

Arvoss

Quote from: iVolution on January 10, 2014, 11:50:46 PM
Quote from: Warlock on January 10, 2014, 11:40:05 PM
No thx  ;)

Voice chat that is only enabled in the pit lane/paddock would be a good idea. This gives an opportunity to discuss setups etc. Once on the track voice chat is disabled. Don't know if it still is worth implementing but that would be the way to go i guess.
That would be a good solution. Just like a shooter game, you hear everyone in the lobby but only your team in the game. In GP Bikes it could be no one or eventually just your racing team.

HornetMaX

Why overloading the server with this traffic (and overloading Piboso with the development of the feature) when you can have a Mumble/Teamspeak sever and do the same ?
I don't see the point.

MaX.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 11, 2014, 02:12:23 PM
Why overloading the server with this traffic (and overloading Piboso with the development of the feature) when you can have a Mumble/Teamspeak sever and do the same ?
I don't see the point.

MaX.

agreed, no voice chat needed (guys that need it could use Teamspeak like Max suggested).... even the written chat sometimes can get annoying  ::) that's why I would propose have a hot key to disable/enable while being on track (so I could have it on until race start and then turn it off during race, in case someone who already pulled out of the race is chatting away and annoying those that are still in  :-X)
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Hawk

Quote from: Stout Johnson on January 11, 2014, 02:22:52 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on January 11, 2014, 02:12:23 PM
I don't see the point.

MaX.

agreed, no voice chat needed (guys that need it could use Teamspeak like Max suggested).... even the written chat sometimes can get annoying  ::) that's why I would propose have a hot key to disable/enable while being on track (so I could have it on until race start and then turn it off during race, in case someone who already pulled out of the race is chatting away and annoying those that are still in  :-X)

Someone, I can't remember who, actually created a "TeamSpeak" server for GP Bike users last year, but no one hardly ever used it so I guess they discontinued it.

JamoZ

Yeah i did. There was no interest for it so i had to take it down...

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on January 11, 2014, 03:23:33 PM
Yeah i did. There was no interest for it so i had to take it down...

Q.E.D.

MaX.